Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have seen an increase in the efforts by some to ban books in school and public libraries. These current efforts are largely led by conservatives who want to remove books that address such issues as LGBTQ and race.

The Central York School District banned such books as “Cece Loves Science” and “I am Rose Parks.” Fortunately public outcry led the school board to overturn its decision. The books are now back on the shelves.

The Nazis were famous for banning and burning books. Why do these parents want to follow in their footsteps?

US conservatives linked to rich donors wage campaign to ban books from schools | US news | The Guardian

How Students Fought a Book Ban and Won, for Now

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Rosa Parks book was put on a vetted list. They need to go thru race books to make sure there's no CRT nonsense in them. If it does have that, then I'm all for banning it for little kids, no I'm not sorry.

& I first learned about racism, MLK JR, slavery, etc. in 1st grade 25 years at a school 99% white (it's then taught every year after that for months at a time). Only in liberals minds is racism is bad not taught. No problem w/ teaching that stuff to kids. CRT is what conservatives are against.

LGBTQIA+ books need to be examined as well. Teaching kids boys can date boys & girls can date girls is one thing, anything that gets sexual or transsexual is quite another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Nazis were famous for banning and burning books. Why do these parents want to follow in their footsteps?

Because the Nazis weren't the first to do that (Ecc. 1:9, James 3:13-18):

Paul in Ephesus
1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.

8 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. 9 But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. 10 This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

17 When this became known to the Jews and Greeks living in Ephesus, they were all seized with fear, and the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor. 18 Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done. 19 A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. 20 In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power.

21 After all this had happened, Paul decided to go to Jerusalem, passing through Macedonia and Achaia. “After I have been there,” he said, “I must visit Rome also.” 22 He sent two of his helpers, Timothy and Erastus, to Macedonia, while he stayed in the province of Asia a little longer.
~Acts 19:1-22 (NIV)

Some knowledge and culture is better lost forever (1 Cor. 10, Deut. 12:3, Ex. 23:13, 23:24, Luke 21:33, Mark 13:31, Matt. 24:35). Would this make the Apostle Paul a Nazi, destroying occultic literature which the Bible forbids (Deut. 18:9-15)? If not, then what about other topics the Bible forbids promoting (Col. 3:11, Gal. 3:28, Lev. 18, Num. 12)? Why?

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
~1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (NIV)

Aren't we all fallible human beings predisposed towards selfishness (Jer. 17:9, Rom. 3:23, Prov. 16:16-25)? Is all knowledge equal and worth preserving, let alone easily accessible? Why?

On April 5, 2022, at roughly 10:50 AM Eastern Time, I've added Luke 21:33, Mark 13:31, and Matthew 24:35. My apologies, I'm a fallible human being who's predisposed towards selfishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Were my peers asleep in school? We literally learned about slavery, racism, MLK Jr, Rosa Parks, the South being evil, etc. every year again & again since 1st grade. Are they completely dumb it wasn't taught? My school was 99% white in a city 99% white . & that was 25 years ago!

This nonsense that white conservatives suppress knowledge about the country's history of slavery, racism, civil rights, etc. NEEDS to end now!

I STILL read opinion pieces that NONE of this is taught & it drives me bonkers.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have seen an increase in the efforts by some to ban books in school and public libraries. These current efforts are largely led by conservatives who want to remove books that address such issues as LGBTQ and race.

The Central York School District banned such books as “Cece Loves Science” and “I am Rose Parks.” Fortunately public outcry led the school board to overturn its decision. The books are now back on the shelves.

US conservatives linked to rich donors wage campaign to ban books from schools | US news | The Guardian

How Students Fought a Book Ban and Won, for Now
I do not approve of students should be taught homosexuality or other perversions in public schools.

The book Cece Loves Science seems harmless. I found this abstract in a book review:

“Cece loves science! In this STEM-themed picture book, Cece asks one of life’s most pressing questions: Do dogs eat vegetables? Cece and her best friend, Isaac, head to the lab to find out.”

STEM is not stem cells. It is Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not approve of students should be taught homosexuality or other perversions in public schools.

The book Cece Loves Science seems harmless. I found this abstract in a book review:

“Cece loves science! In this STEM-themed picture book, Cece asks one of life’s most pressing questions: Do dogs eat vegetables? Cece and her best friend, Isaac, head to the lab to find out.”

For those aspiring to be more like Leonardo da Vinci, there's also Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM).

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” ~Robert G. Ingersoll, American Politician, (Factual Reporting: Very High).

“Power doesn’t corrupt, it reveals.” ~Robert A. Caro, American Historian and Author.

Science is a powerful tool, but also a dangerous weapon. The humanities (History, psychology, religion, art, etc) certainly needs to be taught alongside it. According to John Glubb, over-reliance on science to solve our problems, especially with generations of low character development, never ends well.[1][2][3][4]
  1. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XV The Age of Affluence (pg. 9) - "There does not appear to be any doubt that money is the agent which causes the decline of this strong, brave and self-confident people. The decline in courage, enterprise and a sense of duty is, however, gradual. The first direction in which wealth injures the nation is a moral one. Money replaces honour and adventure as the objective of the best young men. Moreover, men do not normally seek to make money for their country or their community, but for themselves. Gradually, and almost imperceptibly, the Age of Affluence silences the voice of duty. The object of the young and the ambitious is no longer fame, honour or service, but cash. Education undergoes the same gradual transformation. No longer do schools aim at producing brave patriots ready to serve their country. Parents and students alike seek the educational qualifications which will command the highest salaries. The Arab moralist, Ghazali (1058-1111), complains in these very same words of the lowering of objectives in the declining Arab world of his time. Students, he says, no longer attend college to acquire learning and virtue, but to obtain those qualifications which will enable them to grow rich. The same situation is everywhere evident among us in the West today."
  2. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XIX The effects of intellectualism (pg. 11) - "There are so many things in human life which are not dreamt of in our popular philosophy. The spread of knowledge seems to be the most beneficial of human activities, and yet every period of decline is characterised by this expansion of intellectual activity. ‘All the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell or to hear some new thing’ is the description given in the Acts of the Apostles of the decline of Greek intellectualism. The Age of Intellect is accompanied by surprising advances in natural science. In the ninth century, for example, in the age of Mamun, the Arabs measured the circumference of the earth with remarkable accuracy. Seven centuries were to pass before Western Europe discovered that the world was not flat. Less than fifty years after the amazing scientific discoveries under Mamun, the Arab Empire collapsed. Wonderful and beneficent as was the progress of science, it did not save the empire from chaos."
  3. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XX The inadequacy of intellect (pg. 12) - "Perhaps the most dangerous by-product of the Age of Intellect is the unconscious growth of the idea that the human brain can solve the problems of the world. Even on the low level of practical affairs this is patently untrue. Any small human activity, the local bowls club or the ladies’ luncheon club, requires for its survival a measure of self- sacrifice and service on the part of the members. In a wider national sphere, the survival of the nation depends basically on the loyalty and self-sacrifice of the citizens. The impression that the situation can be saved by mental cleverness, without unselfishness or human self-dedication, can only lead to collapse. Thus we see that the cultivation of the human intellect seems to be a magnificent ideal, but only on condition that it does not weaken unselfishness and human dedication to service. Yet this, judging by historical precedent, seems to be exactly what it does do. Perhaps it is not the intellectualism which destroys the spirit of self-sacrifice—the least we can say is that the two, intellectualism and the loss of a sense of duty, appear simultaneously in the life-story of the nation. Indeed it often appears in individuals, that the head and the heart are natural rivals. The brilliant but cynical intellectual appears at the opposite end of the spectrum from the emotional self-sacrifice of the hero or the martyr. Yet there are times when the perhaps unsophisticated self-dedication of the hero is more essential than the sarcasms of the clever."
  4. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXIX Religion (pg. 18) - "Historians of periods of decadence often refer to a decline in religion, but, if we extend our investigation over a period covering the Assyrians (859-612 B.C.) to our own times, we have to interpret religion in a very broad sense. Some such definition as ‘the human feeling that there is something, some invisible Power, apart from material objects, which controls human life and the natural world’. We are probably too narrow and contemptuous in our interpretation of idol worship. The people of ancient civilisations were as sensible as we are, and would scarcely have been so foolish as to worship sticks and stones fashioned by their own hands. The idol was for them merely a symbol, and represented an unknown, spiritual reality, which controlled the lives of men and demanded human obedience to its moral precepts."

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Students are not "taught homosexuality or other perversions in public schools", they are taught about people's sexual habits. In the same way, they are taught about other social behavior such as wars, slavery, work, politics, history, social sciences, etc. Since you're not aware, people, including children, learn about all the various facets of life from a variety of sources: family, friends, chat rooms, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Do you actually think that sources other than a controlled situation like school are preferable?

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Students are not "taught homosexuality or other perversions in public schools", they are taught about people's sexual habits. In the same way, they are taught about other social behavior such as wars, slavery, work, politics, history, social sciences, etc. Since you're not aware, people, including children, learn about all the various facets of life from a variety of sources: family, friends, chat rooms, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Do you actually think that sources other than a controlled situation like school are preferable?
I would not want to see a course or books in school libraries about sex change operations, or that some boys are born as girls on the inside.

Some people object to profiling Whites as rascists and not finding any racists in the other races. What is CRT?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For those aspiring to be more like Leonardo da Vinci, there's also Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM).

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” ~Robert G. Ingersoll, American Politician, (Factual Reporting: Very High).

“Power doesn’t corrupt, it reveals.” ~Robert A. Caro, American Historian and Author.

Science is a powerful tool, but also a dangerous weapon. The humanities (History, psychology, religion, art, etc) certainly needs to be taught alongside it. According to John Glubb, over-reliance on science to solve our problems, especially with generations of low character development, never ends well.[1][2][3][4]
  1. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XV The Age of Affluence (pg. 9) - "There does not appear to be any doubt that money is the agent which causes the decline of this strong, brave and self-confident people. The decline in courage, enterprise and a sense of duty is, however, gradual. The first direction in which wealth injures the nation is a moral one. Money replaces honour and adventure as the objective of the best young men. Moreover, men do not normally seek to make money for their country or their community, but for themselves. Gradually, and almost imperceptibly, the Age of Affluence silences the voice of duty. The object of the young and the ambitious is no longer fame, honour or service, but cash. Education undergoes the same gradual transformation. No longer do schools aim at producing brave patriots ready to serve their country. Parents and students alike seek the educational qualifications which will command the highest salaries. The Arab moralist, Ghazali (1058-1111), complains in these very same words of the lowering of objectives in the declining Arab world of his time. Students, he says, no longer attend college to acquire learning and virtue, but to obtain those qualifications which will enable them to grow rich. The same situation is everywhere evident among us in the West today."
  2. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XIX The effects of intellectualism (pg. 11) - "There are so many things in human life which are not dreamt of in our popular philosophy. The spread of knowledge seems to be the most beneficial of human activities, and yet every period of decline is characterised by this expansion of intellectual activity. ‘All the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell or to hear some new thing’ is the description given in the Acts of the Apostles of the decline of Greek intellectualism. The Age of Intellect is accompanied by surprising advances in natural science. In the ninth century, for example, in the age of Mamun, the Arabs measured the circumference of the earth with remarkable accuracy. Seven centuries were to pass before Western Europe discovered that the world was not flat. Less than fifty years after the amazing scientific discoveries under Mamun, the Arab Empire collapsed. Wonderful and beneficent as was the progress of science, it did not save the empire from chaos."
  3. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XX The inadequacy of intellect (pg. 12) - "Perhaps the most dangerous by-product of the Age of Intellect is the unconscious growth of the idea that the human brain can solve the problems of the world. Even on the low level of practical affairs this is patently untrue. Any small human activity, the local bowls club or the ladies’ luncheon club, requires for its survival a measure of self- sacrifice and service on the part of the members. In a wider national sphere, the survival of the nation depends basically on the loyalty and self-sacrifice of the citizens. The impression that the situation can be saved by mental cleverness, without unselfishness or human self-dedication, can only lead to collapse. Thus we see that the cultivation of the human intellect seems to be a magnificent ideal, but only on condition that it does not weaken unselfishness and human dedication to service. Yet this, judging by historical precedent, seems to be exactly what it does do. Perhaps it is not the intellectualism which destroys the spirit of self-sacrifice—the least we can say is that the two, intellectualism and the loss of a sense of duty, appear simultaneously in the life-story of the nation. Indeed it often appears in individuals, that the head and the heart are natural rivals. The brilliant but cynical intellectual appears at the opposite end of the spectrum from the emotional self-sacrifice of the hero or the martyr. Yet there are times when the perhaps unsophisticated self-dedication of the hero is more essential than the sarcasms of the clever."
  4. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXIX Religion (pg. 18) - "Historians of periods of decadence often refer to a decline in religion, but, if we extend our investigation over a period covering the Assyrians (859-612 B.C.) to our own times, we have to interpret religion in a very broad sense. Some such definition as ‘the human feeling that there is something, some invisible Power, apart from material objects, which controls human life and the natural world’. We are probably too narrow and contemptuous in our interpretation of idol worship. The people of ancient civilisations were as sensible as we are, and would scarcely have been so foolish as to worship sticks and stones fashioned by their own hands. The idol was for them merely a symbol, and represented an unknown, spiritual reality, which controlled the lives of men and demanded human obedience to its moral precepts."
Am not sure if you are aware; some anti abortion people are against the use of stem cells reproduced from the tissue of an aborted fetus. I met a lady who told me she was against vaccine mandates because stem cells were used in vaccine research. Other than the word STEM, I could not figure why a book about science might be banned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would not want to see a course or books in school libraries about sex change operations, or that some boys are born as girls on the inside.

Some people object to profiling Whites as rascists and not finding any racists in the other races. What is CRT?

You didn't answer my post but went off on a different tangent.

CRT is Critical Race Theory...
Critical race theory is a cross-disciplinary intellectual and social movement of civil-rights scholars and activists who seek to examine the intersection of race, society, and law in the United States…

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why are we teaching elementary school students sexual habits?

It's one thing for kids to be aware 'boys kiss boys', 'girls kiss girls', it's another thing to teach them they can change their bodies the way they want to when they want to, or that 'you were born into the wrong body.' Kids are way too young to be being taught that. If you're teaching young kids that, you have failed as a parent & as an adult.

That's what these books are doing. That's what conservatives are frustrated about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

The Public Library isn’t the same thing as a School Library, even if it’s a public school library.

If you, as a parent believe these things to be wrong, tell your child such. Public school will change nothing.
The TV and internet will do tell them everything anyways.

I do not agree with certain things in the library but alas, you cannot have censorship in any way.
You censor one thing (anything to do with LGBT) the same thing can be said for any religious texts or anything else for that matter. Sure, some might say that is a slipper slope fallacy but it is true.
Censorship only leads to more censorship.
On either side of the scale.
Therefore, teach your child at home.
You can’t put the genie back in the bottle, you can’t close a flood gate once it opens.
You can only tell the children (yours specifically) that these things are against the teaching of the Church however, we cannot judge nor hate them. Because if you even watch inappropriate contentography you’re just as guilty as they, if not more because you know it is wrong (lukewarm) unlike them who do not know it is wrong.
The world will always be fallen. The Fall happened.
It is up to us individually to decide to not go to the dark part of the Library (metaphorically speaking) and advise our children to not read or put back certain books.
God gave us free will. We cannot force others to do anything. That’s a violation of the very freewill that God gave us in the first place.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Public Library isn’t the same thing as a School Library, even if it’s a public school library.

If you, as a parent believe these things to be wrong, tell your child such. Public school will change nothing.
The TV and internet will do tell them everything anyways.

I do not agree with certain things in the library but alas, you cannot have censorship in any way.
You censor one thing (anything to do with LGBT) the same thing can be said for any religious texts or anything else for that matter. Sure, some might say that is a slipper slope fallacy but it is true.
Censorship only leads to more censorship.
On either side of the scale.
Therefore, teach your child at home.
You can’t put the genie back in the bottle, you can’t close a flood gate once it opens.
You can only tell the children (yours specifically) that these things are against the teaching of the Church however, we cannot judge nor hate them. Because if you even watch inappropriate contentography you’re just as guilty as they, if not more because you know it is wrong (lukewarm) unlike them who do not know it is wrong.
The world will always be fallen. The Fall happened.
It is up to us individually to decide to not go to the dark part of the Library (metaphorically speaking) and advise our children to not read or put back certain books.
God gave us free will. We cannot force others to do anything. That’s a violation of the very freewill that God gave us in the first place.
They crossed that line a long time ago. You won't find a book about Jesus aimed at little kids in a elementary school library. You will find books telling them it's okay to think you were born into the wrong body.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are we teaching elementary school students sexual habits?

It's one thing for kids to be aware 'boys kiss boys', 'girls kiss girls', it's another thing to teach them they can change their bodies the way they want to when they want to, or that 'you were born into the wrong body.' Kids are way too young to be being taught that. If you're teaching young kids that, you have failed as a parent & as an adult.

That's what these books are doing. That's what conservatives are frustrated about.

By the time kids reach eleven years of age they're already sexually aware and I'm guessing that some have already experimented with sexual activity. Should they be left to find out about sex on the internet, in chat rooms, from their friends? I have no idea where you get the idea that "it's another thing to teach them they can change their bodies the way they want to when they want to, or that 'you were born into the wrong body.' " Where is that being taught and by whom? It seems to me to be reductio ad absurdem.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The Rosa Parks book was put on a vetted list. They need to go thru race books to make sure there's no CRT nonsense in them. If it does have that, then I'm all for banning it for little kids, no I'm not sorry.

& I first learned about racism, MLK JR, slavery, etc. in 1st grade 25 years at a school 99% white (it's then taught every year after that for months at a time). Only in liberals minds is racism is bad not taught. No problem w/ teaching that stuff to kids. CRT is what conservatives are against.
conservatives are against a set of fictitious ideas that are attributed to CRT but are not actually part of it.

LGBTQIA+ books need to be examined as well. Teaching kids boys can date boys & girls can date girls is one thing, anything that gets sexual or transsexual is quite another.
Sadly there are those who claim that books about boys dating boys are sexual and even inappropriate contentographic.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They crossed that line a long time ago. You won't find a book about Jesus aimed at little kids in a elementary school library. You will find books telling them it's okay to think you were born into the wrong body.
That’s because there are no faith books unless it is academic in school libraries.
Ie “About Islam”, “About Buddhism”, “About Judaism” and “About Christianity”, etc.
No religion in public schools.
You want religion, take your kids to private school.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That’s because there are no faith books unless it is academic in school libraries.
No religion in public schools.
Everything else is allowed in public schools. What makes religion so different?
Sounds like the Left already has a burning/banned book list to me. & No, these sexuality books aren't just 'About Transgenderism'

Last edited:
Upvote 0