Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And for Americans, the founding document of our country acknowledges that our rights come from God.
Untrue.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

by their creator - Their creator is not necessarily the Christian God. It will be for Christians, but not for others who do not follow the Christian God.

Do you believe the wording of 'Nature's God' is meant to be the Christian God?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Double standard again. It's OK for the media as per my example but not for Trump to describe the auto industry. The name calling and false vilifying by the left is about all they have since they can't run on the issues.

I didn't compare Trump to anyone else, that is you. I just said that if Trump is going to use violent language he should be more careful.

If you want to sit with your feet over the edge of a cliff, fine.

If you want to get drunk, fine.

But, if you get drunk and sit with your feet over the edge of a cliff don't be surprised when you fall in.

Doing tricky things while impaired is a recipe for disaster. Trump only reaps what he sows by failing to take this into account.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
White? I have no problem acknowledging God nor people who are God-fearing. Additionally, these are Christian forums and God is well accepted here. And for Americans, the founding document of our country acknowledges that our rights come from God.

The Declaration of Independence only says “Creator.” Does not specify the Christian deity. Additionally, I don’t know where in the Bible it says the Christian deity bestows the rights of “life,” “liberty” and the “pursuit of happiness.” As far as I know it is heretical to say the Christian deity grants those rights because I know of know place in the Bible they do. If I am wrong you will be able to point to the book, chapter, and verse these rights are granted. Otherwise from where I am sitting it looks like you are adding to Scripture which is a big “no-no.”

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
White? I have no problem acknowledging God nor people who are God-fearing. Additionally, these are Christian forums and God is well accepted here. And for Americans, the founding document of our country acknowledges that our rights come from God.
What I mean is, the God of our founders permitted slavery. When I hear "MAGA" I hear use of the concept of God to validate ones political beliefs. Blasphemy as far as I am concerned. And, unfortunately, even the flag has been appropriated in the same way. It is common in my neck of the woods to see pick up trucks going by with Trump signs and flags. As well as "F&^% Biden". It seems a disturbing contradiction to me.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Didn't anyone actually watch the speech? Trump was speaking about the auto industry, putting tariffs on Mexican cars, and said if he was not elected there would be a bloodbath. Why would anyone think that is somehow a threat? It's a prediction. Trump was talking about the uproar involving those in the U.S. car industry if they continue to be treated unfairly. Shame on any reporter who pretends otherwise.
Some probably did watch. It doesn't matter what it was about. Trumps speech must be limited....LOL

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you using violent rhetoric from democrats to justify and condone Trumps violent rhetoric if he loses, which has actually led to a full scale violent riot on Jan 6th. That is pretty funny. Have you denounced the actions from Trump supporters on Jan 6th?
Ah don't worry if he does lose, he won't run again. But I suppose it might help libs for now heh?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Trump says there will be bloodbaths if he's not reelected.
Trump says there will be a ‘bloodbath’ if he loses the election

1. Why would there be bloodbaths if he loses?
2. Is this a threat?
3. Do republican strategists think these comments ts are going to WIN OVER or turn OFF independents?
4. Does what Trump said even make sense in complete context or is this whole topic pointless?

This has been said on the left a bunch and this seems a bit hyperbolic coming from our side for sure. But from Trump it sounds like nonsense. you'll have e elections but Republicans won't do well because your party has become too vindictive under trump and not soing anything to improve the lives of Americans other than giving tax cuts and that's it.

Now, to be fair, Trumps cognitive decline has his speech and ideas sounding like a word salad. The bloodbath comment came on the heels of talking about a tariff on Chinese made cars..and then was immediately followed by this election comment, according to the article I shared.

And, just in case his racist was in doubt, he clarified it...

Calling people "not people" is pretty much textbook racism.

It's strange that a person can make comments ts like this and people will cheer. Maybe not strange. Maybe deplorable
It's always made out something "different" for Trump. It will fly all over lib media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think the context was?
I know exactly what it was. Trump believes Biden’s policies will kill America if he’s not elected. It‘s simply an analogy for the killing of America. Bidens’s policies will be a “bloodbath“, America will be destroyed.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟153,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"God-fearing"? You mean white Christian God?

At any rate, these days one needs to be extremely careful about word choices.

"God-fearing"? You mean white Christian God?
You injected the word 'White.”

God is Light, God is truth, God is love. I don't know what our heavenly body is like and any who say they do, doesn't.

Cor, 15:35... But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” You fool! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead: What is sown is perishable; it is raised imperishable. It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being;” the last Adam a life-giving spirit.

The spiritual, however, was not first, but the natural, and then the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so also are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.

Your right, one should be careful of word choices.

In Christ

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know exactly what it was. Trump believes Biden’s policies will kill America if he’s not elected. It‘s simply an analogy for the killing of America. Bidens’s policies will be a “bloodbath“, America will be destroyed.
just more fear mongering then.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Blaring Headlines: "TRUMP EATS DOGS
(he ordered a hotdog)
This is standard Media Misquote.
I first noticed Trump because of the Media blaring these truncated quotes.
I started reading the actual transcripts and found I liked the man
He is talking about the "auto industry" for "bloodbath" It is a figure of speech
Whoopi Goldberg went Bezerk "Trump is going to do away with Social Security!"
Trump said, " There is waste and fraud in Social Security. It could be managed more efficiently."
SO believe the Media "TRUMP EATS DOGS
misquoting Trump to gain points
What amazes me is that absolute virulent hatred of the man.
Hatred, absolute Hatred of Trump. It puzzles me

• Agree
Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
just more fear mongering then.
It’s Trump, that’s the way he is. He sees Biden’s policies as destructive and he’s passionate about it.
What’s worse is that the democrats twist his words out of context in order to demonize him rather than recognizing his passionate attitude in what he believes.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And you believe that? Three years into Biden's presidency and we are SO MUCH BETTER OFF than we were 4 years ago.

The bloodbath gobbledygook is nothing but pushing more anger out to his supporters. It looks like a bunch are buying the load.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Even more concerning is honoring those who stormed the Capitol on January 6th, calling them patriates.

Not that should be chilling for anyone.
Those are Trumps people! They committed crimes for him in 2020 and they probably will try to do it again...except this time they will come prepared.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you believe that? Three years into Biden's presidency and we are SO MUCH BETTER OFF than we were 4 years ago.
20% inflation
And the price of gas went down now it is back up.
Bidenomic took 20 cents out of every dollar you have.
I was starting to get ahead when Trump was President. Buy a better cut of meat or something.
Now I am still eating chuck roast and paying $1 or $1.50 more a lb.
It is discouraging
And Then democrats tell me I am better off.
That would be funny if it weren't so tiresome, running faster to stay in the same place

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.