Blocking People On Facebook

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
So, I have so many people that I blocked on Facebook. I blocked all of my brothers and sisters that at least have a Facebook page, not because they harass me (they don't), but because I do not want to get friend's suggestions by Facebook of my brothers and sisters. I do not have a close family. And then I block people that I don't know that try reaching out to me on Facebook. I get women, or it could be a scammer, asking me to text them. I also block people who are condescending to me on Facebook after making comments on a post; but I don't do it here because this is a discussion board, and if someone is condescending to me, I just deal with it. But when I make comments on Facebook, it was never to challenge anyone. I am not a troll. It is usually agreeing with the post, but if I disagree, I keep that to myself. But I may write about that disagreement on my private account.

But when I respond favorably to a post, I still sometimes get people wanting to challenge me, even though the comment wasn't even towards them. I can't debate. I am not skilled in it. The comment was always towards the person who created the post. And when people try to challenge me, they get condescending towards me, so I end up blocking them.

I have so many blocks that the list is long. For one thing, I have 12 brothers and sisters.

Am I wrong for blocking people?
What´s the reason/purpose why you are on Facebook? What are you looking for, what do you (hope to) get out of it?

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What´s the reason/purpose why you are on Facebook? What are you looking for, what do you (hope to) get out of it?

Oh, wow

I did not know people were still posting on this thread.

To be perfectly, I don't know any more. I have some memories on Facebook, so it is hard to just let it go. But I don't know why I keep it.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've got a block list longer than my friends list. I refuse to debate people anymore. While anyone is entitled to their own beliefs, if they start openly mocking Christ or Christians, I block. If anyone is over-the-top mean, cruel, or harsh, I block. Trolls are blocked on sight. Sometimes I block just because I feel like it. I'm not required to justify my reason.

And yes, I have family members blocked too.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've got a block list longer than my friends list. I refuse to debate people anymore. While anyone is entitled to their own beliefs, if they start openly mocking Christ or Christians, I block. If anyone is over-the-top mean, cruel, or harsh, I block. Trolls are blocked on sight. Sometimes I block just because I feel like it. I'm not required to justify my reason.

And yes, I have family members blocked too.

Well, I'm pretty sure people have blocked me too. I have said some stuff that really angered people, which I didn't mean to. But if they're not important to me then it's okay that they blocked me. And if I'm not important to them it doesn't really affect their lives if I block them.

Upvote 0