Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now, Jesus spoke contemptuously of the Pharisees whom he considered to be "blind", or ignorant:-

Matthew 15:14 - Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.

However, this aforementioned applies to any ignorant person who is in a position of authority, such as Pharaoh leading his own people on a path of ruin and destruction, when he told the Egyptians to kill all the Firstborn Hebrews in Exodus 1:22.

But by doing so, he had inadvertently condemned all the Firstborn Egyptians to death by the Tenth and final plague in Exodus 12:29-30.

The same principle would still apply to the leaders of any nation or group of people at the End Times - Since the numbers of people from each nation who survive the Great Judgement is mostly contingent on the cooperation (or Non-cooperation) of those who are in power.

Thus, those leaders who are ignorant of the Gospel would tend to lead others who are also ignorant, but the latter's ignorance is largely dependent on ignorance by the leaders of every group - As the blind would always be led by others who are also blind.

So, whether your people are saved or not is largely contingent on the cooperation (or Non-cooperation) by the leaders of those respective groups concerned - As blind leaders would always lead others who are also blind on a path of death and destruction.

Discuss.

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,954.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
These blind leaders you mention are also very common in Christian churches.

What Jesus meant to do here on Earth - to find the lost sheep, not necessarily to change how religion is run.

Same problems then, same problems now. "Pharisees" still run our churches.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you be more specific as regards to who are those blind leaders.
"Blindness" is figurative to describe a state of spiritual ignorance by Church leaders and the political leaders of any country, who otherwise have the power to indoctrinate or transform their people by the Gospel of Salvation as taught by Jesus.

Therefore, blind leaders are the religious and political leaders of any country who are ignorant, and they disbelieve the Gospel of Salvation as taught by Jesus - Which includes Knowledge of the new covenant as taught by Jesus = Luke 10:27-28, John 11:25-26 and Romans 10:9.

Inevitably, such blind leaders are ultimately accountable for the ignorance of their respective societies, who as a people may not be saved due to the ignorance of "blind" shepherds who lead millions of blind sheep on a path to ruin and destruction.

Societies will tend to follow suit, and follow leaders who are either ignorant or enlightened to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These blind leaders you mention are also very common in Christian churches.

What Jesus meant to do here on Earth - to find the lost sheep, not necessarily to change how religion is run.

Same problems then, same problems now. "Pharisees" still run our churches.
But Jesus the Good Shepherd cannot save the lost sheep without preaching his Gospel of Salvation to Christians everywhere - Which includes preaching his Knowledge about the Covenant of Salvation, and WHAT this entails at the End Times = Luke 10:27-28, John 11:25-26 and Romans 10:9.

However, the clergy are never completely separate from the political leaders of any country, since the latter are often under the influence of the "Pharisees" - As seen by the example of Jewish elders who indirectly swayed the Judgement of Pilate to have Jesus executed ¶ Matthew 27:20.

So, if the religious leaders are "blind" or ignorant to knowledge of the Gospel, then the political class are also likely to be ignorant; in such a way that blind leaders will tend to lead the blind sheep, which are effectively condemned by ignorance of those who are in positions of authority.

Since, the Pharisees are in the Driver's Seat with political leaders as the "ideological engine" - Since, the latter have authority to implement social change, social policies and religious agendas, which would ultimately impact on the rest of society - which would ultimately decide the fate of nations and societies and entire groups of people.

Clergy and laity are no different insofar as all of them are blind shepherds who will lead their sheep to the slaughter (or the lost sheep can still be saved as may well be the case).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,926.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 56:9-12 All you beasts of the open country and the forest, come and eat your fill. For all of Israel’s watchmen are blind, perceiving nothing, they are all as dumb dogs that cannot bark, dreaming and sleeping. They are like greedy dogs that can never be satisfied, they are shepherds unable to understand the truth, as they go their own way. They say: Come let us fetch wine, strong drink and we will swill it down. The future will be the same as today or better still!

Isaiah 29:9-12 If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with wine, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed the prophetic vision and sealed the means of discerning the future to you.

Jeremiah 14:11-13 The Lord said to me: Do not pray for the wellbeing of this people. Though they fast and worship Me, [but not in spirit and in truth] I shall not listen to their cry on the Day of My punishment. But Lord – their leaders and pastors say to them: you will not face the terrible sword of judgement and they preach prosperity and escape from tribulation.

Jeremiah 14:14-16 The Lord answered me: These are lies that your leaders are misleading the people with. I have not sent them, I have not given them My commission, or spoken to them. They are giving out false teachings, useless advice and their own foolish daydreams.

Therefore, I say about those teachers and pastors who speak falsely in My Name, they will meet their end in My Day of wrath, I shall pour down upon them the disaster they deserve.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 The time will come when people will not stand sound teaching, but each will go after their own desires and will only listen to teachers who give pleasant and easy outcomes. People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching. They will only believe fables and fanciful notions. 1 Timothy 1:7 Ref: REB.

Beasts of the field, foreigners, non Israelites. Those who have ‘encroached onto the holy Land’. Jeremiah 12:14

Israel’s watchmen perceive nothing’, the veil that hides the true knowledge of God’s Word is upon them, because of false beliefs. This applies to Christian teachers and pastors. 2 Peter 2:1-3

If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused’, Even when the truth is presented to people who think they have it all sorted, they just cannot see it. Jeremiah 6:10

They preach prosperity, the prosperity theology that gives a sense of false security and escape from tribulation’, The very wrong and pretentious idea of a pre tribulation rapture, that lulls people into thinking they need do nothing.
‘People will refuse to listen to true scriptural teaching’, 2 Peter 2:1-3

My Day of wrath: The great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. Rev 6:12-17, Zephaniah i:14-18, 2 Peter 3:7 The next prophesied event to happen.
But for those who make the effort to overcome the false teachings, the fictional books that proliferate on the book stalls and all the rubbish on the internet, there is hope: Psalms 78:1-8, Isaiah 55:1-3, Psalms 25:8-9, Psalms 27:11-12, Psalms 32:8, 2 Peter 1:19

Upvote 0