Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like they have black Muppets, so that's good. Not sure about the other points......I feel like we're going backwards.......
Now I'm not sure. Weren't the Muppets just whatever color they felt like? Green, blue, red, etc. There was never a Caucasian Muppet. Little kids just like colors. It's just something to get them watching. Plus there were always black human neighbors, at least when i was watching in the 90s. I didn't think anything of it. Whatever, if they really think it helps, it doesn't hurt my feelings if there's a black Muppet.

But I don't think little kids really think about stuff like this. They're more likely to tease you because you're coloring wrong or some other dumb thing like that. How about we just teach them to be nice in general???

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm not sure. Weren't the Muppets just whatever color they felt like? Green, blue, red, etc. There was never a Caucasian Muppet.
Only on Sesame Street. As @bèlla pointed out there was the Swedish Chef on the Muppet Show.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,704.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This aggravates me. I don't care a wit if they decide to use black muppets. The muppets have really never been color important as far as race is concerned. And now they decude to have racial muppets. Ok, no big deal.

But teaching children and little children to boot about how white people are racist? This is nuts. It's damaging children to teach them to see the world as a racist world and that whites, including themselves.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/buffalo-schools-woke-curriculum-white-supremacy

Last edited:
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's nothing to do with the fact that there are two more muppets or even the colour of their fabric.

For me its the way that a show which was fairly un-selfconscious in the way it handled these issues - has now become quite preachy and virtue signalling - and it also bothers me that people think Seasame Street wasn't inclusive before when it always has been. People just take offense sometimes when none was intended.

It is surprising me in fact to see some posters here who I thought were fairly astute almost entirely missing the point - that the most of the muppets represented personality types and character traits - not ethnic distinctions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's too deep for many human minds, man.

Is it really so deep? Was it not fairly obvious that with a muppet like Oscar we were seeing certain character traits depicted in a muppet - a sort of misanthrope who never the less we felt a little bit of sympathy for, and observing the character helped kids be aware when they were being grouchy themselves.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And once again neutrality has become weaponized not for the sake of equality but to create division. My how the left has changed complete directions in 50 years, from others to self interest.

The goal of those wishing to sow discord and division is to irritate and impose upon others what could stimulate the problem they claim to be trying to help. Stirring up hatred, all done in the name of being against racism. Hatred of the blacks, and hatred of self for the whites... Communism works that way in softening up the soil.

Satan is the great deceiver. In the name of "good" he sows evil intent.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is Big bird White, she seems yellow to me, i didn't notice any race while watching sesame street as a kid though, i don't think most kids do

Big Bird was a she? Hehe I always thought it was a he!

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it really so deep? Was it not fairly obvious that with a muppet like Oscar we were seeing certain character traits depicted in a muppet - a sort of misanthrope who never the less we felt a little bit of sympathy for, and observing the character helped kids be aware when they were being grouchy themselves.
My response was to the quote 'The muppets in the show were based on character and personality types, not racial distinctions.'.

Most people can't even fathom that in real life let alone on a tv show.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The goal of those wishing to sow discord and division is to irritate and impose upon others what could stimulate the problem they claim to be trying to help.
I remember when the idea was to get rid of segregation, not bring it back as some sort of shining citadel on a hill.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My response was to the quote 'The muppets in the show were based on character and personality types, not racial distinctions.'.

Most people can't even fathom that in real life let alone on a tv show.

I don't what people you know - but it was obvious to me as a child and anyone else watching the show I that I knew.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't what people you know - but it was obvious to me as a child and anyone else watching the show I that I knew.
Yes of course but look how many adults out there regardless of childhood now judge based on race and not character. Look how BLM has reversed what MLK said about character over skin colour. Everything has gone backyards, and is now infiltrating even Sesame Street. The god of rights has replaced the true god of responsibility.

• Agree
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0