✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hiall

Didn't know where else to put this. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I've recently been playing around with binaural beats. For those who don't understand what this is, basically it's playing two solid tones through a stereo (one tone per channel) that a slightly offset from each other in frequency, and the result is a beat is heard that does not actually exist (as such). This beat, when listened to for a period of time, can alter brain waves to an extent (the brain, having got used to the sound of the beat, tries to follow the beat in brainwave pattern, so eg. if the beat is set to 10Hz and the brainwaves are at 15Hz, the brain will slowly come down to 10Hz brainwaves to match the beat), which comes in much handy for things such as sleep induction (beats taking sleeping pills!), increased arousal levels, and when finely tuned can be pinpointed to more specific regions of the brain to increased study ability, creativity, aid in relieving depression and even some headaches.

Has anyone else had much experience with binaural beats? Over the course of my study of using them (I'm trying to find a way of possibily using them to replace medication for Epilepsy), a few questions have arisen that I'd like to ask some of my Christian bretheren about, preferably some who have had experience with it.

God Bless

'Shady

depthdeception

Jun 8, 2005
✟4,804.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Pac Shady said:
Hiall

Didn't know where else to put this. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

I've recently been playing around with binaural beats. For those who don't understand what this is, basically it's playing two solid tones through a stereo (one tone per channel) that a slightly offset from each other in frequency, and the result is a beat is heard that does not actually exist (as such). This beat, when listened to for a period of time, can alter brain waves to an extent (the brain, having got used to the sound of the beat, tries to follow the beat in brainwave pattern, so eg. if the beat is set to 10Hz and the brainwaves are at 15Hz, the brain will slowly come down to 10Hz brainwaves to match the beat), which comes in much handy for things such as sleep induction (beats taking sleeping pills!), increased arousal levels, and when finely tuned can be pinpointed to more specific regions of the brain to increased study ability, creativity, aid in relieving depression and even some headaches.

Has anyone else had much experience with binaural beats? Over the course of my study of using them (I'm trying to find a way of possibily using them to replace medication for Epilepsy), a few questions have arisen that I'd like to ask some of my Christian bretheren about, preferably some who have had experience with it.

God Bless

'Shady

How does one go about producing these binaural beats? Sounds interesting, especially for the sleep part!

Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
If you want to produce the binaural beat, he easiest way is to get a program that can do it for you.

The one I use is called BrainWave Generator. You can download a copy of their software here. However, there are many programs that produce the binaural beat, Google it if this program doesn't suit you.

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
WHAT!!!??? You're playing with around with Binaural BEASTS!!??? Like the Beast in the book of Revelation? :o

And you're using the power of the Beast to help with sleep problems? :eek:

Next you're going to tell me that taking the mark of the Beast will help with obesity...:sorry:

(Okay, I am SOOOO kidding!!!) ^_^ ;) :p

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Very interesting Shady. I went and read a bit about this and it seems fascinating, I'll be sure to read up a bit more and check it out!

Out of interest though, what might the questions you have regarding this be? I'd be perfectly willing to give that program a go but I wouldn't mind knowing what you are specifically looking for while I try it out.

Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
VNVnation said:
Very interesting Shady. I went and read a bit about this and it seems fascinating, I'll be sure to read up a bit more and check it out!

Out of interest though, what might the questions you have regarding this be? I'd be perfectly willing to give that program a go but I wouldn't mind knowing what you are specifically looking for while I try it out.

Just wondering what one might take this as from a Christian perspective. How one might use this perhaps to help with one's journey in Christ. For instance, I have been working on using a binaural beat used for subliminal tapes, and overlaying it with an Audio Bible, to use while sleeping. All Jesus, all the time, while you sleep. Kind of like a raw injection of the Word into one's subconscious (could come in great handy with dealing with deep rooted issues, or just to infuse one's subconscious, often difficult to reach by normal means, with Christ)

Also, in my studies and experiments using this phenomenon, I've come across a strange occurance. Namely with the sleep beats (perhaps just because it's all I'm listening to as I sleep, instead of during the day stuff where there are extra background noises), I've heard what I have only come to understand as "hallucinations of the ears". Hearing different things. I feel I've ruled out anything demonic, discernment doesn't see anything, and it doesn't seem in any way like one could consider as such (they at least don't "seem" demonic on the surface, they just seem to distract, and my discernment doesn't read anything else deeper). My theory behind it is that the temporal lobes in the brain (which process sound), are being bombarded with these beats that are altering the brainwaves being used to process them. This event causes the temporal lobes to "hallucinate", that is, to "hear" sounds that only exist in the temporal distortion caused by the beats slow transforming of the brainwaves. However, I haven't been able to find any documentation of such an occurance. So if anyone has heard of this, or found any documentation, or uses this program (or any other program to produce Binaural beats) and experiences the same thing, what do you make of it? Do you agree with my theory of temporal lobe hallucinations? Or does your discernment pick something else up I haven't received?

Thanks everyone :)

'Shady

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reminds me of band class when I would tune my sax to the person next to me. When the tones are pretty close together, but not quite in tune, there's sort of a "beating" effect created by the sounds. Is that the same effect?

Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
knee-v said:
Reminds me of band class when I would tune my sax to the person next to me. When the tones are pretty close together, but not quite in tune, there's sort of a "beating" effect created by the sounds. Is that the same effect?

Yes that would probably be the same effect, the tunes would have probably been within 20Hz of each other, which would have produced the beat.

This tune, when carried on for an extended time, causes the brain to "tune in" to it, bringing the brainwaves into allignment with the beat. That's what I've been studying :)

God Bless

'Shady

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟20,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Pac Shady said:

God Bless

'Shady

yeah, they're used for tuning in band situations all the time. they're also how you tune guitars via harmonics, and are very good at annoying people with.

what type of speakers/headphones are you using to listen to 10hz frequencies?

Upvote 0

Pac Shady

Jul 18, 2005
Cairns, Australia
Visit site
✟15,591.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
invisible trousers said:
yeah, they're used for tuning in band situations all the time. they're also how you tune guitars via harmonics, and are very good at annoying people with.

what type of speakers/headphones are you using to listen to 10hz frequencies?

It's not exactly listening to a straight 10Hz frequency. The human ear can't actually HEAR a frequency that low. Instead, the frequency is set to, say, 200Hz in one channel, and 210Hz in the other channel. The result is when the brain puts these signals together, they produce a beat that is 10Hz (the difference between the frequency of the two channels). This is the binaural beat. If the frequency is set to 450Hz in one channel, and 465Hz in the other, than the binaural beat will be 15Hz.

Of course, there are speakers that actually produce a 10Hz frequency, and even lower. But they tend to be quite expensive and you wouldn't hear much from it :) With the binaural beat however, you can use virtually any speakers. For instance, I use regular computer speakers, they're only about 200W.

'Shady

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.