Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not to burst your bubble but they used 360 days for year when Moses is alive , we use 365,242
The years are not exact. There is a wobble because of the gravity effect from the other planets.

We are told that Moses was 120 and Billy Graham was around 100.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say that we should not speculate , if God wanted us to know that he is comming withint 33 days he would simply say it , when Noah finished ark he was not like " it might rain soon better get into ark next week " but God told him to go inside week before flood happend , if comming of Christ will be as it was in Days of Noah then wouldn't it be possible that God will warn us week before or something ?

• Agree
Reactions: R. Hartono
Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
if comming of Christ will be as it was in Days of Noah then wouldn't it be possible that God will warn us week before or something ?
Would a thief tell people he shall come ? Jesus will come like a thief.

Upvote 0

Greg Annett

Mar 13, 2018
Gold Coast
✟7,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! There is only a 14.5827% chance that any two human beings will die on the same day. Astonishing!
I think you are making the assumption that it was being claimed that Billy Graham died on the same day of the week as Moses. I believe that it was rather the same day of the year. I watched the video and was convinced because I could verify it by reading my own Bible. I believe also that Anne Graham Lotz referred to this coincidence when speaking at her father's funeral.

Upvote 0

Greg Annett

Mar 13, 2018
Gold Coast
✟7,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really we are gonna chase after frivolous speculations instead of making disciples for Jesus Christ?
It's not a speculation, it's just an observation. Perhaps to God, who counts the hairs on our heads, it is not a trivial detail. By the way, making disciples is something we do in obedience to the Great Commission. Billy Graham took that commission very seriously and did his best to make disciples "to the ends of the earth". Maybe you are in outer Mongolia making disciples right now but you still took some time off to make the above disparaging comment on this internet forum. Perhaps others are here because we want to honour the life of Billy Graham and suspect that God also honoured his life by allowing his parting to fall on the same day as another hero of the faith who also led a great company of people in the direction that God wanted them to go - from bondage to freedom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Annett

Mar 13, 2018
Gold Coast
✟7,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would a thief tell people he shall come ? Jesus will come like a thief.
Ah, but it is written in 1 Thessalonians 5:4: But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief".

So perhaps those who have ears will prick their ears up when God drops a hint that His Son is on the way back.

Upvote 0

Greg Annett

Mar 13, 2018
Gold Coast
✟7,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me thinks you read too much into it. Moses died a righteous man, i dont see how the same can be said for mr Graham.
Moses was under the covenant of law and died righteous because he lived by faith in that covenant, not because he never sinned. Billy Graham preached and lived under the covenant of grace and died righteous because he lived by faith in that covenant. Both men lived by faith in the God who provided both covenants, the old and the new, to respective generations. Anyone who says he is without sin is a liar and the truth is not in him. The love of God however covers a multitude of sins including any that Billy Graham may have committed in his 99 years of life on this earth.

Upvote 0

Greg Annett

Mar 13, 2018
Gold Coast
✟7,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, Matthew 24 has explained the Hebrew used 360 days calendar and we use 365 days calendar, they could not die on the same day.
The way I understand it the earth still took about 365.25 days to orbit the sun even back in Moses day, so that the Jews had to make regular adjustments to their 360 day calendar so that it stayed in step with the seasons. I also understand that the Jews today still use that same 360 day calendar and still make the same adjustments.

Anne Graham Lotz stated while speaking at her father's funeral that her father died on the day currently observed by the Jews as the day Moses died, according to their (adjusted 360 day) calendar. That day is known as 6th of Adar in the Jewish calendar. 30 days later according to the Bible, Moses funeral ended and 3 days after that, which was the 10th day of Nisan, the 1st month in the Jewish calendar in those days, Joshua led the children of Israel across the Jordan as in Joshua 4:19:

"And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho. - Joshua 4:19 Bible Gateway passage: Joshua 4:19 - King James Version

I hope this explains how it was calculated that Billy Graham died on the same day as Moses did. It made sense to me.

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Moses was under the covenant of law and died righteous because he lived by faith in that covenant, not because he never sinned. Billy Graham preached and lived under the covenant of grace and died righteous because he lived by faith in that covenant. Both men lived by faith in the God who provided both covenants, the old and the new, to respective generations. Anyone who says he is without sin is a liar and the truth is not in him. The love of God however covers a multitude of sins including any that Billy Graham may have committed in his 99 years of life on this earth.

Well thats what you believe, carry on.....

Upvote 0