Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I suppose now would not be the time to admit that I plan on packing the kiddies to bed early Monday evening so that I can indulge my carnality by watching the Justin Timberlake concert on HBO? Sure, he's 20 years younger --and if my kids were older i wouldn't allow them to go to his concert, but what the hey. He sure is a cutie patootie.
I like the 50 Cent video he's in... on mute. It looks like something out of Minority Report.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I like the tract idea. There's a few strip clubs nearby - my gut tells me not to go in but I want the girls to know the Lord. You can't be too overt with witnessing, you don't want to be off-putting so you have to be careful. I like to slip them a dollar bill here and there, they say "In God We Trust" on them. I think they're getting the message, it seems they can't get enough of them. I've not found witnessing to be nearly the burden that some make it out to be.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever seen the episode of "The Office" when Michael takes (what's his name) to s ?

He tells the waitress: I will have the chicken breast, without the chicken.

Well, the waitress goes off on him.

I don't watch much TV...so I've never seen 'The Office'...not really sure what it is. Is it a comedy? :)

Do you think she had that coming given her choice in employment or that Michael was stupid ?

Both, actually. And not necessarily that she 'had it coming'...because there's never really an excuse for rudeness, is there...but more that she can't have been completely surprised by it. C'mon...do we really believe that the name comes from the cute little owl mascot? Especially when they sell calendars and such...and waiters are not allowed? If she didn't want jerk men to make comments about her body in it's skimpy attire, maybe she could have put a little more thought into waitressing at another establishment that encourages their waitstaff to be decently covered..and don't depend on the size of their waitresses bra cup to sell their mediocre (and I use the term generously) food.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I like the tract idea. There's a few strip clubs nearby - my gut tells me not to go in but I want the s to know the Lord. You can't be too overt with witnessing, you don't want to be off-putting so you have to be careful. I like to slip them a dollar bill here and there, they say "In God We Trust" on them. I think they're getting the message, it seems they can't get enough of them. I've not found witnessing to be nearly the burden that some make it out to be.

You're such a martyr, Mike. :)

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You're such a martyr, Mike. :)
You know those phoney dollar bills, MikeK ?

The ones that from a distance look real so that you pick it up off the ground and then are disappointed that it is fake and has a scripture quote on the back ?

Well, we could go to the strip joint and witness that way, you know ? Stuff the fake bills...

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I like the tract idea. There's a few strip clubs nearby - my gut tells me not to go in but I want the girls to know the Lord. You can't be too overt with witnessing, you don't want to be off-putting so you have to be careful. I like to slip them a dollar bill here and there, they say "In God We Trust" on them. I think they're getting the message, it seems they can't get enough of them. I've not found witnessing to be nearly the burden that some make it out to be.
lol!

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:wave:

Thanks everybody.

Some funny responses here.

Yes, I guess it is the same marketing strategy as Hooters isn't it.

It really comes down to a personal thing. For me, I like to avoid this sort of thing because this is one of the areas that I am weakest. Although my priest tells me that perhaps I am a little too hard on myself in this area - it is not a sin to find someone attractive - it's what you do with that feeling that can be sinful.

Anywhooters, I mean anywho, thanks again for all the great replies.

Peace.

Upvote 0

KenBrauckmann

Senior Veteran
Oct 5, 2005
Springfield, Va USA
✟11,742.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ken,
I once saw a documentary on a Christian Ministry to people at strip-clubs. The guys would go to these strip clubs and set up a booth and try to witness to folks at the club, as well as the strippers.
What do you think about that?
I have heard of that... and also of women doing the same - in female strip clubs.

I know I would be weak in a situation like that - I admit it would be VERY difficult to stay 'on task' but I understand the strippers really appreciated those people coming in and witnessing. I guess they enjoyed having customers treat them as people not just objects.

I admit I feel a call to street preach, but I am VERY nervous about it - somedays I am scared even of the tract-passing my girlfriend and I do.

ah well, back to the thread.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.