Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Not seeing the evilness of it myself, especially coming from men who do not desire to fall into the sin of lust. I consider them prudent and blessed by the Holy Spirit.
First comes the definition of someone engaging in such behavior as a 'ho', and then comes the behavior in which people can reasonably expect to treat her as a 'ho'.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So I googled Bikini weiner or whatever. and it turns out this isn't just one girl who had a good idea. It's like a corporation. What do you want to bet the CEO is a dude, and it was his idea to put these fine young things out their in bikinis selling his weenie?

I assert, if this is indeed the case, that such a man is a pimp and these girls are hookers.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So I googled Bikini weiner or whatever. and it turns out this isn't just one girl who had a good idea. It's like a corporation. What do you want to bet the CEO is a dude, and it was his idea to put these fine young things out their in bikinis selling his weenie?

I assert, if this is indeed the case, that such a man is a pimp and these girls are hookers.
Bill Clinton is the CEO ?

Upvote 0

stivvy

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Hubbard, Ohio
✟21,764.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/e03/index.html#epnav

Leave it to me to find this useless piece of information.

Reactions: BAFRIEND
Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, a few weeks ago they reopened the Mustang ranch which is about 10 miles from where I live.

The local news did a story. The news did not present one arguement against prostitution and the entire thing almost seemed like an infomercial but it was not.

What made me really mad was they talked to one of the owners, a hag madame who made the utterly stupid comment that she takes good care of her girls.

Her girls are hookers who sell themselves to dirty old slobbering men and are exposed to disease and probably abuse in a form of slavery. Give me a break.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I object to combining sex imagery with food advertising. I think it objectifies the female body (or male, as the case may be) as something to be consumed and discarded later. And that's not necessarily a religious conviction. It's just a matter of repulsion for me.

Upvote 0

Maggie893

It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First comes the definition of someone engaging in such behavior as a 'ho', and then comes the behavior in which people can reasonably expect to treat her as a 'ho'.

No driving away treated her and himself with respect, paying her would have been treating her as a 'ho'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,179,070.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A combination of the passions! An impulse to feast the tongue on something tasty but ultimately not particularly healthy while at the same time feasting the eyes on someone attractive but ultimately not particularly healthy.
How long do you think it will be before they start appealing to other passions by selling instant lottery tickets as well.

You have done well to avoid this, although you could do well to avoid giving into food impulses entirely. It will save you a barrow load of money (which you can then offer to those in need), will keep you eating healthier food (thus looking after the temple of the Holy Spirit) and it will build up your ability to say NO when you face stronger temptations in the future.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can't stand this type of marketing, and I wouldn't want to support it, so I would not buy the hotdog.

Reminds me of the advertising style by that "GoDaddy" company. I still have no idea what they do. All I remember is that the past 2 Superbowls which had "GoDaddy" commercials - 30 seconds of breasts, and I had no idea what the product was for - I think it is insulting to the intelligence of the viewers "we'll trick you with sex!" not to mention objectifying women, so I won't support it. Not giving them $$ is the only way they can tell that that type of advertising is ineffective.

Upvote 0

ps139

Ab omni malo, libera nos, Domine!
Sep 23, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What made me really mad was they talked to one of the owners, a hag madame who made the utterly stupid comment that she takes good care of her girls.

People can convince themselves of anything.... it is really sad, that situation :(

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No driving away treated her and himself with respect, paying her would have been treating her as a 'ho'.

Freud was wrong.
Sometimes a hot dog really is just a hot dog.

But I agree that if a guy can't control himself around a girl in a bikini, Wendy's is the better option.

And if it is agreed that a foot-long is just a sandwich, then, healthwise, Subway is even better.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
People can convince themselves of anything.... it is really sad, that situation :(
What gets me, is not the advertising itself, but the insult and degradation that marketers and advertisers put forth when they assume that logic and common sense is secondary to animal instinct and sexual desire.

The form of marketing says more about their way of thinking than ours... and by ours I do not mean Catholics or Christians in particular, but 90% plus of the population in general.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't stand this type of marketing, and I wouldn't want to support it, so I would not buy the hotdog.

Reminds me of the advertising style by that "GoDaddy" company. I still have no idea what they do. All I remember is that the past 2 Superbowls which had "GoDaddy" commercials - 30 seconds of breasts, and I had no idea what the product was for - I think it is insulting to the intelligence of the viewers "we'll trick you with sex!" not to mention objectifying women, so I won't support it. Not giving them $$ is the only way they can tell that that type of advertising is ineffective.

fwiw, they are a domain name registrar. The name GoDaddy is not at all indicative of what they do.

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is this any different from 'Hooters'? Or the Hardee's commercials with the scantily clad young woman riding a mechanical bull while eating a monster hamburger?

I've never gotten it. Why would a restaurant want to target just men? Women gotta eat, too...but you never see a food commercial with some buff young beefcake chowing down on a grilled chicken salad or a fruit and yogurt cup...?

Honestly...the first thing that comes to mind when I see stuff like that is that the food must be seriously substandard, if that's what's needed to make it look tasty. The second thing that comes to mind is that any guy who would buy the food just on the basis of a racy commercial...would never score with a chick like that in the first place.

The whole concept is ludicrous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.