Big thanks to you guys here in Semper. :)

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to say a quick note of thanks to everyone here who has endured my occasional threads about the frustrations of living in a city without a Bible-teaching church. Your prayers and support are really appreciated.

I am so happy to report that God has raised up a group of local godly people here in the city, including a wonderful new pastor who loves God's word SO much, and more every day. He is powerfully gifted to teach us the Scriptures, and his life has really been (and is still being) transformed by this over the years. We are in the preparation stages of a new church plant that should be starting in the next two or three months! Currently it exists primarily as an in-depth weekly Bible study, which is a huge blessing, and also a monthly prayer meeting for the churches in our community. The men are gathering weekly with some outside help and lots of great resources to begin establishing the details, statement of faith, etc. etc. Very exciting stuff. It's also amazing to see how God is stirring the hearts of many people in the city to thirst for the word of God. What an answer to prayer!!

If any of you have been through a church plant, your advice is welcome and appreciated!