Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I follow one Senator on Facebook and he keeps posting things about how Google and Facebook are censoring republicans. The question I have is this: Is it illegal for them to do so? If not, leave them alone. I don't think it's fair. But its these peoples platforms and I think it's their choice to do what they want with them. What do you think?

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd rather see change take place thru the free market other than regulation. The latter would be another case of big brother trying to control things when it's really up to the people to say enough and jump ship from these corrupt companies.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,169.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One reason I reduced my interactions with Facebook, Google services, Twitter.. etc

My biggest concern was the PizzaGate scandal and how they eagerly censored users who exposed it. Even though plenty today believe that PG is another conspiracy theory. I was there in the last quarter of 2016 researching it all before the eager censoring came out and before they initiated the "Fake News" term. They seem to have their hold on what is published or not on the internet. Taking down websites and domains that exposed the scandal back then.

I believe the "Fake News" term was made especially to defend the Podesta brothers and their affiliates.

Including Epstein that was recently brought down for child trafficking and sexual misconduct against minors. (And yet some are still defending him, Buzzfeed trying to show him a good philanthropist, actually Buzzfeed made things worse for Epstein because they indirectly exposed his relationship with Laurence Krauss and they emphasized the connections.)

To me, Facebook or Twitter or Google are just a part of the MSM. They are no different from Buzzfeed or BBC or VICE or else. An internationally connected mob serving one purpose.

I don't seem to care what they censor or not anymore, since "big tech" are not the issue, the issue is what's happening behind the scenes. This is what interests and bothers me to the extent that I can break down hard going through this and lose my appetite for life. Sometimes I wish earth never existed imho.

(Also concerned about calling pro-lifers "Nazi's" and the attack on pro-life movements. For some reason, these people hate children deeply.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Facebook is his private company. He makes the policies. We all probably agree to being censored when we sign up (remember the " I have read and agree with the policies..." statement).

Is it right? That is a different question. It might also be subject to monopoly rules and that might change some things.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s all spin.

You can work towards the same aim using two groups that appear opposite in scope. You give them different assignments relating to the goal you have in mind.

It’s called teamwork.

If you want to implement censorship you need a scapegoat to distract the public. By targeting Republicans it gives the impression that ‘certain issues’ are under attack rather than the truth.

You’re seizing control.

Politics uses the same tricks with different elements. Like a fill-in-the-blank form. Smoke and mirrors and the slight of hand are their favorites.

Watch a magician and you’ll understand. You’re so fixated on what he’s doing that you fail to recognize what he’s done.

There’s too much distraction in this presidency. Too much focus on unimportant matters. Which leads me to believe a lot is happening behind the scenes. They’re keeping the public occupied for a reason. I ignore them.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This what happens if a country values money too much. So easy to buy people, companies into doing evil.

The love of money is the root of all evil indeed.
I guess that's so in a way, but I'm more for using money for the better than getting rid of it altogether.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One reason I reduced my interactions with Facebook, Google services, Twitter.. etc

My biggest concern was the PizzaGate scandal and how they eagerly censored users who exposed it. Even though plenty today believe that PG is another conspiracy theory. I was there in the last quarter of 2016 researching it all before the eager censoring came out and before they initiated the "Fake News" term. They seem to have their hold on what is published or not on the internet. Taking down websites and domains that exposed the scandal back then.

I believe the "Fake News" term was made especially to defend the Podesta brothers and their affiliates.

Including Epstein that was recently brought down for child trafficking and sexual misconduct against minors. (And yet some are still defending him, Buzzfeed trying to show him a good philanthropist, actually Buzzfeed made things worse for Epstein because they indirectly exposed his relationship with Laurence Krauss and they emphasized the connections.)

To me, Facebook or Twitter or Google are just a part of the MSM. They are no different from Buzzfeed or BBC or VICE or else. An internationally connected mob serving one purpose.

I don't seem to care what they censor or not anymore, since "big tech" are not the issue, the issue is what's happening behind the scenes. This is what interests and bothers me to the extent that I can break down hard going through this and lose my appetite for life. Sometimes I wish earth never existed imho.

(Also concerned about calling pro-lifers "Nazi's" and the attack on pro-life movements. For some reason, these people hate children deeply.)

People are going to not like hearing me say this, but I don't believe we should "turn the other cheek" anymore when somebody attacks us, in fact some of them deserve to be treated hard-heartedly and with no forgiveness. Because they are willfully executing an insidious dark agenda onto billions of innocent citizens on this earth.

I don't wish earth never existed, but I wish that it would go back at least a few decades.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
People are going to not like hearing me say this, but I don't believe we should "turn the other cheek" anymore when somebody attacks us, in fact some of them deserve to be treated hard-heartedly and with no forgiveness. Because they are willfully executing an insidious dark agenda onto billions of innocent citizens on this earth.

I don't wish earth never existed, but I wish that it would go back at least a few decades.

What changed that makes you believe that Bible teachings are no longer valid?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because they are willfully executing an insidious dark agenda onto billions of innocent citizens on this earth.

I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen the same in the bible. The Lord’s intervention didn’t happen quickly. He frequently said, their sin hadn’t reached its fill. And He allowed them to continue until they were punished.

What makes this generation different?

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟56,169.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Earth was always a mess. And yes, we should fight. In fact, if we see others being oppressed as in the case of child trafficking and do nothing then we are as evil. Turning the other cheek is a totally different concept, it addresses personal revenge not human rights advocacy.

But again, a few decades ago we had the "GULAGS" and a more pronounced form of racism. We had plenty of innocent people tortured to death and no one doing anything to stop it (not denying that some people fought to stop the oppression and some succeeded but the suffering happened anyway to its extremist core).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I guess that's so in a way, but I'm more for using money for the better than getting rid of it altogether.

Yes, it's possible to use money and not love it at the same time. Just look at how some countries in Europe did it like Iceland and Denmark. People there don't really care for money. Ironically, they have also eliminated poverty.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Back when he was still a Democrat, Bernard Goldberg wrote a book titled Bias, about the bias he saw in the establishment media when he was working for them. He gets into things like who a network defaults to as an expert to interview, what sort of stories get priority, etc. He states that much of it is unconscious, but definitely there - much of it is due to the echo chamber in which the people who make these decisions live. It's good to read.

We're seeing Facebook, Twitter, and so forth fall into the exact same trap. The people are different, but the mistakes are largely the same.

Also, I can't link it directly due to language, but Joe Rogan did a podcast with Tim Pool and Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde discussing it at length. I'd consider that required listening on this subject.

Upvote 0