United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Covid, trivial???
Haven't you been watching the news? We all have to do our part! We're all in this together! We can't afford to have biden thumbing his nose at Covid in front of the cameras. What kind of message does that send to our young people?

Yes, they have done their part...they've gotten vaccinated before meeting with each other indoors.

If this had happened a year ago, pre-vaccine, then you'd have a point.

For instance, when Gavin Newsom was trying to lock his state down hard, and was spotted going out to a big dinner with a large group of people, maskless, that's a clear pouncing opportunity.

Look, if you're trying to point out liberal hypocrisy on the topic of covid, there are much better examples to use.

I can even help you out...

Last year, When liberal pundits were exclusively placing blame on "Trump supporters" for propagating the virus over some nonsensical "Karen thinks a haircut is more important than saving lives" trope, based on one woman's sign at a re-opening protest, while simultaneously ignoring the packed house parties that were having to be busted up in Chicago and West Hollywood.
U.S. Coronavirus Highest Day Ever

I elaborated it on it a lot in several posts last year...

Or when Chris Cuomo used to go on TV on CNN, and praise his brother for "saving lives" (even though his numbers were terrible, and weren't any better than DeSantis's or Kemp's) while dragging those two through the mud for "putting economy over lives", that would be another example.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't it have been nice if families (ordinary families not connected to the ruling class) would have been able to make that decision for themselves last Thanksgiving without having to worry about the gestapo coming in and arresting them?
It would have been absolutely delightful if families had been able to make the decision last Thanksgiving about getting together while fully vaccinated. I would have liked to have seen my son in my home instead of in the backyard. Unfortunately, we didn't have many vaccinated families at the time.

Anyway, what does that have to do with what you said about the science?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....For instance, when Gavin Newsom was trying to lock his state down hard, and was spotted going out to a big dinner with a large group of people, maskless, that's a clear pouncing opportunity.....
Yeah he took a real hit for that, which was appropriate.... unlike this silly OP proposition.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This sounds like one of those contemporary "conservative" post-modern notions.
No. There is the virology and there is the political spin from both sides. The spin is much more prominent than the science. One does not need to be a hard-core anti-vaxxer to see that.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,802.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How much longer can this insanity go on? It is time to impeach Biden and put Trump back in office.

Back in office? Was he actually president? It was Obama straight to Biden, wasn't it? I thought it was a bad dream I had last night.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Whoops... that significant detail was left out of the political jab at the Bidens.

Well, then the whole truth is politically inconvenient, half will do.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Lol, no kidding! What's that all about? Are they really that much bigger, or strange shot angle, or...

Wide-angle lenses tend to make the ends look bigger than the middle.
Plus, the Carters were leaning backwards while the Bidens were more vertical, but the use of a flash eliminated the shadows, which would've registered in our brains.

Makes for a real funhouse effect, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wide-angle lenses tend to make the ends look bigger than the middle.
Plus, the Carters were leaning backwards while the Bidens were more vertical, but the use of a flash eliminated the shadows, which would've registered in our brains.

Makes for areal funhouse effect, doesn't it?

That makes sense. Yeah, it looks right trippy.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Somebody's already posted it, but:

cdcapril21out.jpg

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's still a political disease.
Yeah, tell that to India. What utter bunk.

No. There is the virology and there is the political spin from both sides. The spin is much more prominent than the science. One does not need to be a hard-core anti-vaxxer to see that.
True, even the soft-core anti-vaxxers can see it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Covid, trivial???
Haven't you been watching the news? We all have to do our part! We're all in this together! We can't afford to have biden thumbing his nose at Covid in front of the cameras. What kind of message does that send to our young people?
That argument is less than honest.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why bother with a mask at all?
When you are fully vaccinated only with others who are fully vaccinated, then you don't have to bother with a mask. However, if you are with people whose status is unknown, then it is safer to wear a mask. Does this answer your question?

• Useful
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When you are fully vaccinated only with others who are fully vaccinated, then you don't have to bother with a mask. However, if you are with people whose status is unknown, then it is safer to wear a mask. Does this answer your question?

No, that doesn't answer the question.

Why would there be any difference? I mean the vaccination works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work; then one vaccinated person could carry the disease, and spread it to another vaccinated person.

If it does work; then why would it matter whether or not a vaccinated person was exposed to someone, vaccinated, or unvaccinated, who was carrying the virus?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No, that doesn't answer the question.

Why would there be any difference? I mean the vaccination works or it doesn't. If it doesn't work; then one vaccinated person could carry the disease, and spread it to another vaccinated person.

If it does work; then why would it matter whether or not a vaccinated person was exposed to someone, vaccinated, or unvaccinated, who was carrying the virus?
95%≠100%

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
95%≠100%

So in other words, behind closed doors he's taking unnecessary risks; but out in public he puts on a good show; while he tries to tell others how to live their lives?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So in other words, behind closed doors he's taking unnecessary risks; but out in public he puts on a good show; while he tries to tell others how to live their lives?
I’m hearing “harumph”.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0