Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It's strange when you see a great speech delivered clearly, articulately, well structured, on point and delivered with passion.

It used to be that this sort of thing was expected from people at this level.
Trump makes Biden look like some exceptional, well polished, incredible superman.

I'm pretty sure when we get Trump's speech it will be full of bile, sarcasm, race baiting, name calling, randomness, generalisations, ambiguities, waffle, lies, self contradiction, self aggrandising, self promoting, please for pity and self victimising.

Be great to put the two speeches side by side, once Trump delivers his.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not-so-sleepy Biden knocked it out of the park with this speech. Impassioned, articulate, to the point, hopeful yet well aware of the high stakes in this election. It was well balanced between heartfelt and sternly purposeful. He not only clearly laid out how and why Trump is and has been bad for America but also how and why he’ll be a better president and what he’ll do different. It was one of the most uplifting and moving speeches I’ve heard in my life — and this is after having seen Obama’s speech at the convention.

After tonight, I’d be pretty nervous if I had to count on Trump to take on Joe on a debate stage.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom

It's strange when you see a great speech delivered clearly, articulately, well structured, on point and delivered with passion.

Was Biden's speech a great one? To me it seemed angry and didn't take the HIGH road that it was said the Dems would take. And do great speeches mean much if there's not actions to back up the content?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Was Biden's speech a great one? To me it seemed angry and didn't take the HIGH road that it was said the Dems would take. And do great speeches mean much if there's not actions to back up the content?
We should be angry. We should be furious at what Trump has done to our nation and the people who have enabled him. And we should definitely take them down in November before any more harm can be done.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Backing up words with actions is not a theme that I would expect this President and his supporters would want to pursue!

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I enjoyed it. I thought the entire convention was very well done. I loved the insight into his family and background and the focus on unity vs the GOP rhetoric of making every American who doesn't think like them into an enemy.

I actually prefer this virtual format vs the usual convention process.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not-so-sleepy Biden knocked it out of the park with this speech. Impassioned, articulate, to the point, hopeful yet well aware of the high stakes in this election.

Actually it's being reported he messed up the punch line of the whole message. At the end of the speech one of the last major lines by the writers was,

“And there has never been anything we’ve been unable to accomplish when we’ve done it together.”

However Joe said,
“There’s never been anything we’ve been able to accomplish when we’ve done it together,”

Joe Biden: 'There’s Never Been Anything We’ve Been Able to Accomplish'

Some on social media are making fun of this suggesting what he probably meant was there's never been anything we've been able to accomplish when we Democrats have done it together.

After tonight, I’d be pretty nervous if I had to count on Trump to take on Joe on a debate stage.

You really would feel that? Wow. OK we'll see. Bring on the debates.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Well has Trump or any President been perfect in all that they've done. Nope. I'd say Trump gets a passing grade however.
The 5.5 million who've tested positive, the 173,000 deaths attributed to COVID-19 and the millions of unemployed American families, facing possible eviction, who are just completing their 3rd week without federal aid, may not feel quite so charitable as far as this President is concerned - for them, America has definitely not been made GREAT again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought Biden looked strong. I could imagine Putin facing Biden and Biden saying don't attack our election, don't put a contract on our troops. It's what Trump should be doing but doesn't. Biden looks serious, he means it. That's what I want the president of USA to say to Putin and exactly with that tone and mannerisms. Well done Biden, he seems to have what it takes.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well has Trump or any President been perfect in all that they've done. Nope. I'd say Trump gets a passing grade however.
Trump wouldn't get a passing grade giving a speech in primary school level.
Waffles, name calls, race baits, self congratulates.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Biden's never been much of a "take the high road" guy, if truth be told.

He can't seem to restrain himself from picking fights with ordinary people at his campaign stops who ask fairly ordinary questions, for instance.

As said before, by choosing Joe Biden the Democrats managed to get a candidate who exemplifies every last one of the supposed "character" and personality failings that Donald Trump has been charged with over the past four years.

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As said before, by choosing Joe Biden the Democrats managed to get a candidate who exemplifies every last one of the supposed "character" and personality failings that Donald Trump has been charged with over the past four years.
That's a massive Stretch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Biden's never been much of a "take the high road" guy, if truth be told.

He can't seem to restrain himself from picking fights with ordinary people at his campaign stops who ask fairly ordinary questions, for instance.

Narcissistic, boastful, boorish, philandering, self aggrandising, spiteful,

Yep, definitely Biden.

(I went easy on Trump there, I didn’t mention the comedic disabled gestures, questionable financial dealings etc etc)

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Trump wouldn't get a passing grade giving a speech in primary school level.
Waffles, name calls, race baits, self congratulates.

In context I was talking about backing up words with actions. Generally if find he tries his best to do this thus a passing grade.

Now about how he speaks & his speeches which can be thought of as two separate things. Offical speeches like at State of the Union, or the UN (important events) I've thought were very good and his delivery of such excellent.

His campaign type events I'll give you he self congratulates. But then really what politician doesn't? Don't they all basically run through and make points of what they've achieved? Race baits? As I said I don't really buy this certainly not in any extreme way. And if one is going to talk about inappropriate words about race issues you had Joe Biden just a week back say African Americans aren't a diverse people....then you saw him dial that back seeking to qualify his statements. Of course Biden always gets a free pass and is given the benefit of the doubt. ALWAYS.

Um...Trump waffles? Not sure what you mean by that. Trump name calls? Yes. Correct he does. But I don't see much difference in doing that as being a horrible thing when one compares it too his opposition which can't seem to point to one thing he's done that's good in any measure. One can seek to destroy one's character in a multitude of ways it's just that the Dems have their own particular style of doing so.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Narcissistic, boastful, boorish, philandering, self aggrandising, spiteful,

Yep, definitely Biden.

(I went easy on Trump there, I didn’t mention the comedic disabled gestures, questionable financial dealings etc etc)

They're almost exactly the same. Put a mop on his head, spray paint him orange and you won't be able to tell the difference.
Except one speaks as eloquently as a primary aged kid who never went to school, but instead hung around his white supremacist second hand car salesmen mates.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The 5.5 million who've tested positive, the 173,000 deaths attributed to COVID-19 and the millions of unemployed American families, facing possible eviction, who are just completing their 3rd week without federal aid, may not feel quite so charitable as far as this President is concerned - for them, America has definitely not been made GREAT again!
They knew he achieved that before COVID and the greater numbers of them KNOW and will be moved with conviction that he can do it again.

• Haha
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Should be noted I think that Biden's speech was the shortest Democrat one since the 1980's. Even in 84, Mondale's speech went 32 minutes. Biden's 2020 speech....24.5 minutes.
Ef6llK1WAAAnh1I

• Informative
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0