Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So my initial post was a little snarky. So I will tell you why I am voting for Trump and why I think you should too. I also added some of my cons.

1. I don't think Trump gets enough credit for the low unemployment and booming economy prior to the pandemic hitting America. His tax plans and removal of regulations have made the economy strong and it will be again when we get through the pandemic.
2. Tax cuts for all help everyone, even people with low income. See number 1.
3. I believe we can have a plan that covers everyone that needs healthcare and cannot afford it while allowing people the freedom to keep or purchase a plan that they like that works for them. Trump may not have a great plan but it won't lead to many Americans that like their health coverage and doctors forced off of it. I believe if Bidens plan comes to fruition this will be the case. We can cover everyone that needs coverage and allow freedom of choice as well.
4. Trumps strong foreign policy has been good for America. I believe we have a little safer world today than we did four years ago. I don't think that Obama's style appeasement of hostile nations made us safer.
5. I cannot vote for a candidate that is pro-choice. I don't believe Trump cares about the issue but he will not support any legislation that makes easier access to abortions.
6. Removal of environmental regulations does not mean he wants the environment ruined. Just because it is an environmental regulation does not make it automatically a good policy. He has removed excessive regulation that stifles the economy.
7. I like supreme court and federal judges that will make decisions based on the law whether I like The decision or not. Trump has followed through on that.
8. Trump has the stamina to be president. I am wary that Biden does, he does not look or act that healthy. Harris as president scares me.
9. I like that he is not religious and does not make policy based on a religion. He says he is but that is to get the republican vote in my opinion.
10. Handling of the pandemic. I believe we need to wear masks, social distance and limit public gatherings. However, I think that is the limit of what the government should mandate us doing. California style pandemic regulations are too
11. Will protect our freedoms or religion and right to own a gun. I don't believe Biden will.
12. I like that he is not an insider or beholden to anyone.
13. He is against unnecessary foreign wars.
14. He fights the media that has been relentless in their attacks, not coverage, of him. That is scary to have a media in this country that will bend over backwards to get one party elected. No one should be for this.

Things I don't like about Trump.
1. His stance on LGBT+ issues. I don't think he cares but he tows the republican line to get their votes.
2. I don't like his divisiveness. In a way I get it, the media and dems will vilify him no matter what for being a republican, but he needs to do better in this area in my opinion.
3. He does not care about the national debt.
4. He is unclear when he speaks sometimes and that gets him into trouble.
5. I don't like his immigration policy. I do agree that we need to know who is coming in and cannot have open borders but I believe the wall is a wast of money.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is where I stopped reading your post.
funny, it also happens to be where most people should forget about ever for voting for Trump, and rather consider charging him with crimes for conspiring to kill Americans for political profit.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
If you are voting for Biden, what are you voting for? What do you want him to do?

Are you voting for ruining of our economy through banning fracking and fossil fuel energy?
Are you voting for changing the ACA so people on private insurance they like will lose it?
Are you voting for higher unemployment, especially for minorities?
Are you voting for diseases coming across the border unfettered during a pandemic?
Are you voting for packing the court, not with qualified justices, but with justices that will do what the dems want them to do?
Are you voting for suppression of dissenting voices?
Are you voting for packing the senate so only the dems will ever have control?

This is what it seems you are voting for to me. Can you articulate what you are voting for without referencing the President?

Nice straw man of a thread. Very dishonest.

I'm voting to save the country from an aspiring authoritarian regime.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
2. Tax cuts for all help everyone, even people with low income. See number 1.

Any comments about why the personal tax cuts were all temporary yet the corporate tax cuts were all permanent?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These are from his and the dems statements over the past year.
I’d like to ask got citations for all of your claims, but I doubt you’d respond. So let’s just try one. Where in Biden or the DNC’s platform (or “statements”) is there a plan to eliminate private insurance?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can’t help but laugh at the premises of these questions. I wish Biden were as cool and radical as you’re afraid he is.
No, I voted for Biden because I expect his presidency will lend itself better to incremental changes in the direction of climate justice, human rights, and worker control of the means of production than the alternative. Specifically, he will get us back into the Paris accord and the Iran deal, he will not attack LGBTQ rights, he will implement a $2 trillion, job-creating climate plan, he will improve upon the ACA which protects pre-existing conditions (which now includes past covid infection), and he will appoint Bernie Sanders as head of the department of labor. It’s no proletarian revolution, but it’s a step in the right direction, and that’s more than I can say of our current administration.
YES. I hear Bernie can’t leave his post to lead the DOL because the Republicans Gov will appoint a republican in his place. Do you know if that’s true?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back to the OP...

They're voting for anyone who is not Donald Trump, aren't they?

If he or she was born in the USA and can be propped upright until Inauguration Day, that's good enough, wouldn't you say?
Which is the noble thing to do. There is no shame in being singularly focused on voting out a destructive, dangerous leader who is an existential threat to our country and the planet. For me, it’s a bonus that Biden will also move us in the right direction on all issues I care about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which is the noble thing to do. There is no shame in being singularly focused on voting out a destructive, dangerous leader who is an existential threat to our country and the planet. For me, it’s a bonus that Biden will also move us in the right direction on all issues I care about.
But you have actually no idea in what direction he will lead, or even if he will lead. So that brings us back to "anyone but Trump."

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
With out addressing the points which are just silly dark fantasies which do not exist in reality.....
About sums it up.

I voted Biden mainly for just basic competence and decency in govt. I dont see him going in any radical directions.

Also I do think he will restore the boundaries of a particular national monument thats important to me.
-

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But you have actually no idea in what direction he will lead, or even if he will lead. So that brings us back to "anyone but Trump."
Why do you say that? The DNC platform is very detailed. That is the direction in which he will lead. How far he gets depends on Congress, as always. There is no reason to think he’ll get elected and then adopt a Republican platform.

Again, why do you think that we would feel bad about “anyone but Trump” being our purpose in this election? We see him as an existential threat.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're going to have a lot to hold over her head in the years ahead, if it turns out that she got her way with that vote! ;)

I already told her that Biden is gonna make me a felon, so when I'm in jail it's gonna be her fault :p

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why do you say that? The DNC platform is very detailed.

Either major party's platform is a combination of election campaign promises intended to sway the voters in the short run and ideals which, it is known at the time of writing, are never going to be put into practice.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He supports phasing out fossil fuels in 15 years and will ban fracking. Read this website on energy.

Solar is not viable. It cannot be built to get a return on your investment as coal can without government subsidies. Solar panels will degrade before you make your money back on the install.

That is not what Biden is proposing. Read his website. I like my employer healthcare. It is inexpensive and has a lot of benefits. Why should I be forced off of my healthcare system I like? We could have a system to cover people that cannot afford care and leave everyone that wants to keep their plans alone.

It is equal. Only the liberal justices base their decisions not on law but on their personal ideals.

If they told people that the solar cells were good for about 5 years they wouldn't sell a one. People think they will last forever along with the batteries.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Either major party's platform is a combination of election campaign promises intended to sway the voters in the short run and ideals which, it is known at the time of writing, are never going to be put into practice.
That’s demonstrably untrue. Every president, to some degree, enacts policies. Those policies almost always come from their platform. Obama’s policies were in line with his platform, as were Trump’s. The fact that the policies rarely go as far as the platform doesn’t change the fact that that a party’s platform is directly related to the policies that come out of that party’s term in power.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I also think that it's typical of liberals to argue that conservation, nature, etc. must be preserved, at the same time as they are promoting--with lots of tax dollars, of course--wind farms that produce very little energy overall but do kill hundreds of thousands of birds annually, if not millions!

If it was conservatives advocating for wind power, the same people would be holding protest marches, complaining about the wanton rape of nature, etc. and "visual pollution."

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.