Not open for further replies.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, how dishonest. You refuse to engage in what the article actually said and then try to turn it on me when I call you on it. Go away.
Hey look, a post attempting to make the discussion about me after ignoring my previous response by also trying to make the discussion about me. Almost as if there's a pattern here. I wonder why there's a need to try and avoid discussing the facts I brought up. How curious.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is an article chosen at random. It is, however, the page of a company that promotes solar panels and profits from their sale.

Read the article carefully and see if solar panels are an easy, permanent, trouble-free, and cheap source of energy...or not.

Solar Panel Lifespan Guide: How Long Do They Last?
From this article, panels will have lost less than 4% of their output after the 5 years in the post I was quoting. People are really making a big deal over that?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From this article, panels will have lost less than 4% of their output after the 5 years in the post I was quoting. People are really making a big deal over that?
Well, you managed to find a single fact, from a dozen or more to be found in that article which aren't so comforting, that says what you hoped to find. And the panels you are referring to here are those of one type only. ;) When we take in the whole picture, it's far from reassuring.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By how much, though?

I mean, I know the answer, but let's see if the people trotting out this excuse do.
The manufacturer of the solar array that we have on our campus has a warranty of 90% for 10 years and 80% after 25 years. If you don't account for this in your life cycle costs up front your calculated payback will be skewed sooner than it really will be.

The fact is in Texas you cannot get a payback on a solar installation when you include degradation, maintenance, initial investment and installation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith