United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Biden transition team disables Zoom chat for journalists: Reporter - Flipboard

Free and fair press? Why not just answer some tough questions?

Since when has a free and fair press been an issue for Trump supporters? That's news to me. All I've heard during the four years of the Trump presidency is "fake news," "liberal media," and the press is the "enemy of the people" whenever Trump supporters discuss the mainstream media. I've also seen Trump supporters turn against Fox because the network isn't conservative enough for them anymore. It's ironic to see his supporters show support for the "liberal media" since Biden has been elected.

Its funny how these threads always turn into a mud throwing contest, lol. Whatever relieves your stress I guess.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Such is the nature of politics.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When has he ever answered hard questions? Most times he seems to just ignore them and walk off or deflect. He has yet to be confronted on a high level.

Yah---he could instead say---"I'm the President!!! Don't ever speak to me that way!"

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Biden transition team disables Zoom chat for journalists: Reporter - Flipboard

Free and fair press? Why not just answer some tough questions?
What a surprise this was reported in FOX and nowhere else. Heres a tip from someone outside the USA. Why don't MAGA supporters learn to read more widely and objectively instead of only looking at FOX news and Trump tweets, both of which have been shown time and time again to be deliberately false and misleading.

Another tip - stop being so divisive and actually be united. The term United States of America should mean more than just states working together, it should refer to people working together, but thats rarely what I hear from you MAGA lot.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What a surprise this was reported in FOX and nowhere else. Heres a tip from someone outside the USA. Why don't MAGA supporters learn to read more widely and objectively instead of only looking at FOX news and Trump tweets, both of which have been shown time and time again to be deliberately false and misleading.

Another tip - stop being so divisive and actually be united. The term United States of America should mean more than just states working together, it should refer to people working together, but thats rarely what I hear from you MAGA lot.

What seems to be happening here is that the Trump base is exhibiting cult like behaviour in their total devotion to a leader that is regarded with almost divine fervor. Logic simply doesn't apply. I really do not understand it either.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What seems to be happening here is that the Trump base is exhibiting cult like behaviour in their total devotion to a leader that is regarded with almost divine fervor. Logic simply doesn't apply. I really do not understand it either.

They forget this.

Exo_20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,434,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Chat is disabled in any number of Zoom contexts as it often can be distracting to the participants. Doing so does not preclude a report from asking a tough question when its his or her turn to speak.

Anyone or everyone have a chance to ask questions?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The new marshmallow media in the Biden era

Choreographed. Hospitable. Risk-averse. If you're looking for words to describe the average Joe Biden press conference, there's your top three.

Exhibit A was on display Monday afternoon during a rare press conference with the president-elect that included questions that can't even be called softball, but more like T-ball when putting a beach ball on the tee.

The most disturbing part was what has become a theme at Biden pressers, which is to have a staffer choose which reporters ask questions, as opposed to Biden randomly calling on them instead.

Think about that for a moment: The next leader of the free world needs a staffer to call on a predetermined list of reporters who the campaign apparently feels won't press their guy too hard.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,434,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone or everyone have a chance to ask questions?

Name any President elect or President who has given every press correspondent an opportunity to ask a question at a press conference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The new marshmallow media in the Biden era

Choreographed. Hospitable. Risk-averse. If you're looking for words to describe the average Joe Biden press conference, there's your top three.

Exhibit A was on display Monday afternoon during a rare press conference with the president-elect that included questions that can't even be called softball, but more like T-ball when putting a beach ball on the tee.

The most disturbing part was what has become a theme at Biden pressers, which is to have a staffer choose which reporters ask questions, as opposed to Biden randomly calling on them instead.

Think about that for a moment: The next leader of the free world needs a staffer to call on a predetermined list of reporters who the campaign apparently feels won't press their guy too hard.
And yet he still manages to be an improvement over his predecessor.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Wow that sounds balanced and sensible - as opposed to losing it, spouting absolute idiocy (I mean didn't you just love the whole "maybe we can inject disinfectant" interview), and storming off to go on a Tweet rant

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I'll get worried if he starts accusing the press of "false news" and being enemies of the people and mocking disabled journalists in public.
If he cannot answer serious questions from the press how is he going to deal with China and Russia when they start pushing him around?

Upvote 0

The Ant

Oct 25, 2020
Brisbane
✟15,378.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If he cannot answer serious questions from the press how is he going to deal with China and Russia when they start pushing him around?

Uh-uh. That’s a “nasty” question, so it can be ignored. Didn’t you know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dealing with other countries can be collectively referred to as foreign relations or even diplomacy. Both were missing from the Trump administration. Since you want to talk foreign relationships, consider this:
Trump broke nearly all economic and security agreements in the Asia Pacific. It was all a part of the MAGA Ämerica First" approach. The result is that China happily filled the void. You can take just about any country within the Asia Pacific and you will find China's "Belt and Road" initiative. Your country's stupid foreign incompetence has relegated the USA to being of minor importance in the region in just four short years.

When it comes to Russia - Well when Donald Trump Jnr stated in 2009 that most of the family's money came from Russia, that sealed your country's fate. Your president owes people a lot of money, and Russians are not ones to mess with. They made him president, but now... well he didn't do so well in the job, so he's being thrown out - and the Russians will want their money. BUT in the meantime Donald T did well by them - its why we had that fiasco "I don't see why it would be....... err now that I'm back in the USA "I mean wouldn't be"

So yeah - your new President is more measured. At least some people in your country have figured out that your Republican President was a disaster and the new one offers to restore the enormous damage that has occurred in just 4 years under that idiot of a president.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dealing with other countries can be collectively referred to as foreign relations or even diplomacy. Both were missing from the Trump administration. Since you want to talk foreign relationships, consider this:
Trump broke nearly all economic and security agreements in the Asia Pacific. It was all a part of the MAGA Ämerica First" approach. The result is that China happily filled the void. You can take just about any country within the Asia Pacific and you will find China's "Belt and Road" initiative. Your country's stupid foreign incompetence has relegated the USA to being of minor importance in the region in just four short years.

When it comes to Russia - Well when Donald Trump Jnr stated in 2009 that most of the family's money came from Russia, that sealed your country's fate. Your president owes people a lot of money, and Russians are not ones to mess with. They made him president, but now... well he didn't do so well in the job, so he's being thrown out - and the Russians will want their money. BUT in the meantime Donald T did well by them - its why we had that fiasco "I don't see why it would be....... err now that I'm back in the USA "I mean wouldn't be"

So yeah - your new President is more measured. At least some people in your country have figured out that your Republican President was a disaster and the new one offers to restore the enormous damage that has occurred in just 4 years under that idiot of a president.
I disagree with just about everything you have said about the Trump administration and its foreign policy. BUT none of that is important now, the concern is how will Biden deal with China and Russia and to be totally honest it looks like a disaster in the making.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I disagree with just about everything you have said about the Trump administration and its foreign policy. BUT none of that is important now, the concern is how will Biden deal with China and Russia and to be totally honest it looks like a disaster in the making.

Those of us who have been paying attention see the disaster's already been made -- like many Democrat presidents before him, it's on Biden to clean up the mess.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,771.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When Trump does it, it's an awesome putdown against the MSM.

When Biden does it, it's the first step on the march to fascism.

Figures.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,140.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe he'll even stoop so low as to agree with Russia when they contradict our own intelligence services. Oh no, wait, that was the outgoing 1 termer, not Biden.

As others have said, these are interesting questions but very hard to take seriously from people who spent the last 4+ years cheerleading for Donald.

Upvote 0