Biden leads Trump by 12 points

Matchup between the two -- your top pick?

• Trump

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Biden

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Wish there was someone else?

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
National polls may be interesting. But what's much more important is how Donald Trump and Joe Biden (or any Democratic contender) are perceived in each state. And especially, who's polling better in the swing states--MI, WI, PA, OH, FL, and MN. How the voting goes in these states will decide the election.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
National polls may be interesting. But what's much more important is how Donald Trump and Joe Biden (or any Democratic contender) are perceived in each state. And especially, who's polling better in the swing states--MI, WI, PA, OH, FL, and MN. How the voting goes in these states will decide the election.

If you are only concerned with election results, forget about who is ahead in what should be an extremely unlikely general election matchup. (If Trump is kicked out of office his name must be deleted from ballots in every precinct.) We should be thinking about Biden vs. Warren vs. any other Democratic candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Warren is asking for more government spending than people can pay. If corporations are asked to pick up the tab, they might go out of business.

Corporations already pay a ton of money for employee health insurance. Offloading that to a cheaper (per capita) system could help both them and their employees, and those smaller businesses without the bargaining power of large corporations could potentially see a bigger benefit. Employees wouldn't have to factor health benefits into their employment decisions.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Corporations already pay a ton of money for employee health insurance. Offloading that to a cheaper (per capita) system could help both them and their employees, and those smaller businesses without the bargaining power of large corporations could potentially see a bigger benefit. Employees wouldn't have to factor health benefits into their employment decisions.
Canada has a single payer system. People complained about waiting times for appointments. Of course there will not be enough for everyone. Certain procedures would not be approved as with Medicare and only 80% of expenses are paid by Medicare. If it were only health insurance shifting to the public sector, it would be a heavy burden. Warren wants to spend much more. I do not know of any nation with free college for everyone. Warren wants that too. Already many people with degrees are not employed in their fields of study. If investor’s money is confiscated, new technologies might not be developed. It might be like Cuba or Venezuela.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Canada has a single payer system. People complained about waiting times for appointments.

There are plenty of wait times in our current system, even with insurance. I recently had to wait over 4 months to see an allergist.

It might be like Cuba or Venezuela.

It will be nothing like Cuba or Venezuela.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you are only concerned with election results, forget about who is ahead in what should be an extremely unlikely general election matchup. (If Trump is kicked out of office his name must be deleted from ballots in every precinct.) We should be thinking about Biden vs. Warren vs. any other Democratic candidate.

True, the race of the moment is for the Democratic nomination. But as of now, I don't see Donald Trump being removed from office. Though the odds are better that he will be impeached. If I were a bookmaker (and political betting was legal) I'd set the moneyline at +100 that the House will pass Articles of Impeachment against him. Which are even odds. But the Senate voting to convict him would be +500. Which is 5-1 against. Although the odds can change in either direction pending the next round of House hearings, which will be public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Pssst ..I feel like some people may benefit from a reading of Warren's platform since she is most definitely not taxing people who don't have money.
It's fun to smear, I get that. But you may want to "fact smear"...

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Canada has a single payer system. People complained about waiting times for appointments. Of course there will not be enough for everyone. Certain procedures would not be approved as with Medicare and only 80% of expenses are paid by Medicare. If it were only health insurance shifting to the public sector, it would be a heavy burden. Warren wants to spend much more. I do not know of any nation with free college for everyone. Warren wants that too. Already many people with degrees are not employed in their fields of study. If investor’s money is confiscated, new technologies might not be developed. It might be like Cuba or Venezuela.

Wait times in universal healthcare systems tend to be exaggerated a lot by right wing media. In the UK I could usually see a doctor within 24-48 hours, and they have emergency provisions for urgent stuff. The key point however is that everyone has treatment and it’s free at the point of use. We don’t have people not going to a doctors because they can’t afford it, with is a vast number of lives saved every year.

As for college, plenty of countries have free college. The UK did when I was younger. They even gave me a grant to help pay my living expenses too.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0