Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His New Hampshire win makes his nomination inevitable. Prepare for a Trump-Biden rematch

President Donald Trump had an astonishing, historic victory in the Iowa caucus. He carried 98 of 99 counties and was 30 points ahead of the second candidate. He beat Bob Dole’s record 12-point victory over George H W Bush from 1988 – and got over 50 per cent in what was effectively a four-way field.

Trump’s victory was enhanced that night when Vivek Ramaswamy left the race, endorsed President Trump, and promptly went to New Hampshire with him. Since Ramaswamy’s supporters came almost entirely from Trump’s base, his 7 per cent in Iowa would have pushed Trump closer to 60 per cent of the vote.

The next test was the New Hampshire primary, which is profoundly different from Iowa. First, New Hampshire has a primary rather than a caucus. In a primary, voting can take someone as little as a few minutes. He or she walks in, casts a ballot, and leaves. In a caucus, people show up in the evening and spend several hours listening to all the candidates’ spokespersons before they vote. The level of commitment required by the two systems is remarkably different.

Second, New Hampshire is simply a different kind of state than Iowa. Iowa is heavily agricultural, rural and has large evangelical and Catholic populations. According to Gallup, New Hampshire is one of the most secular states in the country. The Granite State is mostly light manufacturing, tourism, and Boston suburbs.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
His New Hampshire win makes his nomination inevitable. Prepare for a Trump-Biden rematch
I'm over it. I held out some tiny hope for Scott or Desantis but Oh well.

Not that I'm voting for him. Or that other old guy.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm over it. I held out some tiny hope for Scott or Desantis but Oh well.

Not that I'm voting for him. Or that other old guy.
So what do we pro life Christians do who can’t in conscience vote for either of the old guys or the likely 3rd party candidate RFKjr?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So what do we pro life Christians do who can’t in conscience vote for either of the old guys or the likely 3rd party candidate RFKjr?
American Solidarity Party. A party with a rational and pro-life platform that has zero chance because everybody 'wants' Trump or Biden.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes I’ve looked at their positions and I very much agree with most all of them. More so than either of the 2 major parties either R or Dem
Then feel free to join then and campaign for them. Because those other two big parties have together got a lock on almost all of the electorate.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0