Jun 11, 2005
✟1,085,620.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I want to stick on topic. When a president takes office, he inherits a bar set at a certain level. He has significantly risen above that bar and, given his character, experience, and accomplishments falling beneath that very low benchmark seems impossible.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
No - lying to the American Public time after time - hiding business dealings - getting $1,000,000 from China - operating a quid pro quo as VP are all actionable offences.

If we can impeach a President on hearsay evidence, then we certainly can when the man is admitting it on camera.
What million dollars, and what quid pro quo as VP?

• Optimistic
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Thoughts?
I don't know. I guess it depends on one's definition of massive. To me, a massive lie is invading a country on knowingly manufactured reasoning. Or knowingly lying about an outcome of election and claiming fraud, just so you can subvert that election to maintain power. What Biden said, is far from a massive lie IMHO.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟905,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know. I guess it depends on one's definition of massive. To me, a massive lie is invading a country on knowingly manufactured reasoning. Or knowingly lying about an outcome of election and claiming fraud, just so you can subvert that election to maintain power. What Biden said, is far from a massive lie IMHO.
I agree. This “bombshell“ isn’t much of anything. More of a dud.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,223,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
full

Please keep this thread on the topic of Biden, leave the other stuff out of it.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟96,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Proof of Joe Biden repeatedly lying to the American public - he has stated numerous time he never met with anyone and knows nothing about his son's business.

Proof from his own son's emails that is patently false that Joe not only knew his son's business, but met at the WhiteHouse with his business partners. AND his son Used Airforce 2 to travel with his daddy so he (hunter) could meet with the people in person.

If we assume, for the sake of argument, that this does demonstrate a lie on Biden's part, then I have a question:

Does it demonstrate that President Biden has failed in his job as president?

All humans lie sometimes. This is a demonstrable fact. Sometimes, a lie can be harmful, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes, it can be completely irrelevant. My problem would be if the lie told caused damage to the country as a whole, or violated the president's oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

Just for example, a lie told about one's sexual conduct with an intern would probably not cause damage to the country itself, whereas a lie told about the outcome of an election that results in an attempt at an insurrection on the Capitol would. These are just examples off the top of my head, not an attempt to change the subject, per the rules.

I guess I have to ask...if President Biden did, in fact, lie about his knowledge of his son's business practices, does that damage the country as a whole or violate his oath to protect and defend the Constitution?

-- A2SG, willing to bet other presidents have lied about some things, including their sexual activities, and yet the country still manages to function, somehow....

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Thoughts?
A democratic Presidency presenting mimicry of a Republican presidency so it can be illustrated both sides react the same, but nothing happens.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If we assume, for the sake of argument, that this does demonstrate a lie on Biden's part, then I have a question:

Does it demonstrate that President Biden has failed in his job as president?

All humans lie sometimes. This is a demonstrable fact. Sometimes, a lie can be harmful, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes, it can be completely irrelevant. My problem would be if the lie told caused damage to the country as a whole, or violated the president's oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

Just for example, a lie told about one's sexual conduct with an intern would probably not cause damage to the country itself, whereas a lie told about the outcome of an election that results in an attempt at an insurrection on the Capitol would. These are just examples off the top of my head, not an attempt to change the subject, per the rules.

I guess I have to ask...if President Biden did, in fact, lie about his knowledge of his son's business practices, does that damage the country as a whole or violate his oath to protect and defend the Constitution?

-- A2SG, willing to bet other presidents have lied about some things, including their sexual activities, and yet the country still manages to function, somehow....
That is one of the most eloquent replies I have heard - thank you.

How about not making excuses?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟96,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is one of the most eloquent replies I have heard - thank you.

How about not making excuses?

You're welcome...and thank you as well.

I'm sorry...at what point did I excuse a single thing?

I simply asked a question regarding the topic at hand. Care to address that?

-- A2SG, if you just want to applaud my eloquence, that's fine too....

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No - lying to the American Public time after time - hiding business dealings - getting $1,000,000 from China - operating a quid pro quo as VP are all actionable offences.
Let us know when this actually happens.
If we can impeach a President on hearsay evidence, then we certainly can when the man is admitting it on camera.
Another example of something that never happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proof of Joe Biden repeatedly lying to the American public - he has stated numerous time he never met with anyone and knows nothing about his son's business.
He's being accused of being involved and gaining from his son's business dealings. So 'if' (which I don't remember him ever saying) he said he "never met with" anyone he would be referring to never meeting with them to discuss Hunter's business deals not that he has never met them as in being introduced and even chatting about other things besides Hunter's deals.

Certainly, the President is capable of meeting his children's associates and friends without discussing business that he is not involved in.

Some people think it's a real privilege to meet a president it's rather like meeting a movie star. :)

I hope the Republicans' investigation clears this matter up soon.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's not illegal, just unethical. I'm all for getting Biden out of office. You're going to need way more than that for an indictment.
If the past indictment on DT is any indication on what is needed for an indictment.... Joey has an ocean of water that he is under.

Seems to me that there is two systems of justice.

1/ For DT.. a river of accusations, impeachments, slander and threatened court cases and even prison, with no justification.
2/ For the Bidens... a river of solid proof and evidence of a habitually corrupt family.. with nobody wanting to touch these cases with a 10 foot pole.

If one looks to Canada, this trend continues with the "left" continually sidestepping and slipping away from blatantly obvious corrupt and tyrannical habits... while the "right" lives under hyper sensitive law.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I want to stick on topic. When a president takes office, he inherits a bar set at a certain level. He has significantly risen above that bar and, given his character, experience, and accomplishments falling beneath that very low benchmark seems impossible.
Seems to me that this proverbial "bar" sits at different heights depending on which side of politics you live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
He's being accused of being involved and gaining from his son's business dealings. So 'if' (which I don't remember him ever saying) he said he "never met with" anyone he would be referring to never meeting with them to discuss Hunter's business deals not that he has never met them as in being introduced and even chatting about other things besides Hunter's deals.

Certainly, the President is capable of meeting his children's associates and friends without discussing business that he is not involved in.

Some people think it's a real privilege to meet a president it's rather like meeting a movie star. :)

I hope the Republicans' investigation clears this matter up soon.
You don't think that the well known proof of blackmail, to get a person fired, or not get millions of dollars, on video, is enough to remove all doubt that Joey knew what his son was doing?

They were all over DT over a "quid pro quo" that was proven to never have happened.

Meanwhile, Joey's famous "Well, son of a ____tch, he got fired" is, somehow, forgotten.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
2/ For the Bidens... a river of solid proof and evidence of a habitually corrupt family.. with nobody wanting to touch these cases with a 10 foot pole.
I haven't seen any such evidence, nor have your provided any.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't think that the well known proof of blackmail, to get a person fired, or not get millions of dollars, on video, is enough to remove all doubt that Joey knew what his son was doing?
I've seen no such evidence this happened.

They were all over DT over a "quid pro quo" that was proven to never have happened.
It's a fact that it happened.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟244,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Seems to me that there is two systems of justice.

1/ For DT.. a river of accusations, impeachments, slander and threatened court cases and even prison, with no justification.

Seems to me you're looking at this with severe bias. If I look only at the actions of the Democrats, then the treatment is certainly unfair, favoring Biden. If I look only at the Republicans, then the treatment is also certainly unfair, favoring Trump. Too many people are way too polarized these days.

I'll be happy to agree that Trump is the victim of a lot of unwarranted slander and a few lengthy, costly, and unjustified investigations. And I'll be happy to agree that Hunter Biden has done some things that would earn him some prison time if he had been caught. However, some of the investigations and actions against Trump have been quite appropriate, including the presidential documents investigation; and strong evidence implicating Joe Biden in anything nefarious is sorely lacking.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.” -- George W. Bush

There are a lot of absolute claims at CF about Joe Biden being corrupt, but every time evidence is asked or questions are asked to flush out the proof, you get crickets and no response. No matter which "Joe Biden is corrupt" type thread here.

Upvote 0