Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The second link is a 65 page report from Congress, referenced and footnotes. Try that one
For the nth time, the report doesn't say anything about false statements in the letter.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder why you can't substantiate that claim, then.
There is a 65 page report that says differently - I'm not going to keep repeating myself - I already quoted it a number of times.
For the nth time, the report doesn't say anything about false statements in the letter.
Yes, it does -
But footnotes! Checkmate!
Yup - and actually reading the report seals the deal.

There are pages of conversation on what 'they think', not one describes actually looking at the information. Not one.

Think about the timeline - do you honestly believe 50 different individuals looked at and investigated the lap top in less than five days? Really?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
There is a 65 page report that says differently - I'm not going to keep repeating myself - I already quoted it a number of times.

Funny thing I learned when skimming it -- the text of the letter does not appear.
Also, there are 13 uses of the word false (or falsely) -- none of them is attached to a quoted statement from the letter.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Capture.JPG

Example from the link provided

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, it does -

Your claim would be easy enough to prove, if it were true - just cite the page number and quote the relevant passage. You could also quote the passage from the 51 guys letter, if you could actually find a false statement. If you did that, you would win this argument. Just repeating "no, nuh-uh" (paraphrased) isn't convincing.

View attachment 331178

Example from the link provided
That is not an example of a false statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your claim would be easy enough to prove, if it were true - just cite the page number and quote the relevant passage. You could also quote the passage from the 51 guys letter, if you could actually find a false statement. If you did that, you would win this argument. Just repeating "no, nuh-uh" (paraphrased) isn't convincing.

That is not an example of a false statement.
I apologize for not being able to help you any further - I provided the link - you read it for yourself, or don't that choice is yours.

Just continuously "no, nuh-uh" when the links are provided is just not convincing either.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I apologize for not being able to help you any further - I provided the link - you read it for yourself, or don't that choice is yours.

Just continuously "no, nuh-uh" when the links are provided is just not convincing either.
Yeah, and many of us read the links. Unfortunately, I can't quote something that isn't there, the absence of the specific claim. All we can do is continue to point out that the examples you grudgingly do supply don't say which statement is false; they utterly fail to prove your claim.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, and many of us read the links. Unfortunately, I can't quote something that isn't there, the absence of the specific claim. All we can do is continue to point out that the examples you grudgingly do supply don't say which statement is false; they utterly fail to prove your claim.
Then I guess we have hit an impasse - thanks for conversing with me.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing I learned when skimming it -- the text of the letter does not appear.
Also, there are 13 uses of the word false (or falsely) -- none of them is attached to a quoted statement from the letter.

...were you expecting an article from the "WesternJournal" to cite the actual letter? Curiously, the op choses not to either....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, it does -
Where? I can't find anything in the report that supports your claims.

There are pages of conversation on what 'they think', not one describes actually looking at the information. Not one.
True. But they did not claim to have looked at the information.
Think about the timeline - do you honestly believe 50 different individuals looked at and investigated the lap top in less than five days? Really?
I mean, unless you're insisting that they all examine the physical laptop (which they wouldn't have been able to do, since no one was given access), the number of people is irrelevant, and 5 days would have been more than enough to review all of the publicly-available information at that point - but again, they didn't say that they'd investigated the laptop. They said that a dump of incriminating emails timed close to an election looks suspiciously like a Russian operation. Then they pointed out some known events that could have been related.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
...were you expecrting an article from the "WesternJournal" to cite the actual letter? Curiously, the op choses not to either....
Expectations for WesternJournal? I'm not sure I can lower them any further.

But the Congressional report doesn't either. Not even in a footnote.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry, what you posted does not show any false statements in the letter. Reading the letter, though it likely is better termed a statement, I see no lies.

Instead, they give their backgrounds. They also admit to having no actual knowledge, that they've seen no evidence that the emails are a Russian plot. Instead, they say that, based on their experience, it appears to look like Russian propaganda. They never claim in the letter that it is, merely that it is their opinion. And the last page, or so, of the letter is their explanation for why it looks like other Russian disinformation efforts.

So I have to agree -- particularly with how short the letter is -- what are the specific lies contained in the letter? What makes it so different from a letter from former Generals giving their opinion of the current strength of the military?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, what you posted does not show any false statements in the letter. Reading the letter, though it likely is better termed a statement, I see no lies.

• Instead, they give their backgrounds. They also admit to having no actual knowledge, that they've seen no evidence that the emails are a Russian plot. Instead, they say that, based on their experience, it appears to look like Russian propaganda. They never claim in the letter that it is, merely that it is their opinion. And the last page, or so, of the letter is their explanation for why it looks like other Russian disinformation efforts.

So I have to agree -- particularly with how short the letter is -- what are the specific lies contained in the letter? What makes it so different from a letter from former Generals giving their opinion of the current strength of the military?
I have to agree there - they admit they have no knowledge and they have seen no evidence. Yet it was received as Gospel truth even by some members here.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,583.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yet it was received as Gospel truth even by some members here.
Can you name those posters and link to posts with them saying they felt this particular letter was "Gospel truth"?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)