United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I understand why.

So do I. It's because there are many public examples of Biden's declining mental acuity.

EEWW! Really? Cause I think THAT would be the TRUE sign of America's political demise.

The more cynical side of me believes that there is an obvious advantage to special interests and lobbyists when there is a figurehead in office that cannot discharge the duties of that office authoritatively. Kind of like an earlier post where someone showed Putin praising Biden's mental prowess. I imagine that was something like (I'm obviously paraphrasing), "Oh yes, Biden really is an incredibly shrewd guy and I have to be super careful he doesn't get one over on me! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) You Americans should totally re-elect him so that he keeps me on my toes!"

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟205,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we all make slips.

I suppose. But the fact that has happened twice in the same week is concerning.

And who can forget "Doug", er, Representative Don Beyer

Four times Biden looked for "Doug" before saying "Oh there you are!" while never acknowledging that he was speaking to Don.

And who can forget Biden looking for deceased Representative Jackie Walorski without ever acknowledging his gaffe.

This isn't just a mother mixing up the names of their kids or me inadvertently calling my dog by my deceased dog's name and immediately recognizing the error and correcting myself. This is a repeated pattern.
Okay, I think forgetting that "Jackie" died is an embarrassing blunder, even though he got the name right. But for all I know Biden might have had something else on the forefront of his mind when he heard the news Jackie had died, or it could have slipped his mind at that moment.

As for "Doug" er "Don", at least he knew him when he recognized him. I imagine that in every meeting that Biden has attended over his forty-some years of public service, he has probably had to remember the names of countless individuals so as not to appear rude or impolite. So now he's old and his brain cells are not what they used to be, but that does not qualify as delusional. And his experience in both legislating and administrating along with his knowledge of geopolitics are unmatched.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I think forgetting that "Jackie" died is an embarrassing blunder, even though he got the name right. But for all I know Biden might have had something else on the forefront of his mind when he heard the news Jackie had died, or it could have slipped his mind at that moment.

It should have been top of mind. Condolences had been given by other speakers at the event and a tribute video had been shown in her honor.

Condolences for Walorski, who had been a member of the House Hunger Caucus, were extended during the event by Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) in remarks following Biden's speech. And White House policy adviser Susan Rice said she "of course" misses Walorski, "who passed away in August" at the start of a panel session with lawmakers following the president's remarks.
And a pre-produced video tribute to Walorski was played on the main stage of the conference in the afternoon. The video featured Walorski's advocacy for solutions to hunger on the Hill both on the floor and in hearings.
The White House didn't even acknowledge it for what it was.

At a briefing Wednesday afternoon, before the transcript was released, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre did not acknowledge that Biden had misspoken. Jean-Pierre told reporters, many of whom pressed her to elaborate, that Walorski had been top of mind for Biden as he named the the hunger conference's congressional champions. And the president, she said, will be honoring Walorski on Friday with a signing of bill to rename a VA clinic in Indiana after her. "That is what he was thinking of. He was thinking about her," Jean-Pierre said.

But this is just spin. Biden wasn't just thinking of her. He called out for her, wondering where she was.

This refusal to acknowledge what is, to user your words, an "embarrassing blunder" simply adds fuel to the fire. If it's no big deal, then why not simply state that he misspoke?

As for "Doug" er "Don", at least he knew him when he recognized him.

Yeah, but he never acknowledged that he was speaking to Don and not Doug.

I imagine that in every meeting that Biden has attended over the forty-something years of public service, he has probably had to remember the names of countless individuals so as not to appear rude or impolite. So now he's old and his brain cells are not what they used to be, but that does not qualify as delusional.

Allow me to clarify my earlier "delusional" comment. The people I think are delusional are the people that are trying to say that they think Biden (and/or Trump) are "sharp".

Taken individually, these are "slips", or "misstatements". But taken collectively, I find them to be concerning.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you reach the age of either man, the potential of rapid mental and physical incompetence is always there. Both of them are too danged old. They're older than I am, and I know I'm too danged old for that office.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟205,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It should have been top of mind. Condolences had been given by other speakers at the event and a tribute video had been shown in her honor.

Condolences for Walorski, who had been a member of the House Hunger Caucus, were extended during the event by Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) in remarks following Biden's speech. And White House policy adviser Susan Rice said she "of course" misses Walorski, "who passed away in August" at the start of a panel session with lawmakers following the president's remarks.
And a pre-produced video tribute to Walorski was played on the main stage of the conference in the afternoon. The video featured Walorski's advocacy for solutions to hunger on the Hill both on the floor and in hearings.

The White House didn't even acknowledge it for what it was.

At a briefing Wednesday afternoon, before the transcript was released, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre did not acknowledge that Biden had misspoken. Jean-Pierre told reporters, many of whom pressed her to elaborate, that Walorski had been top of mind for Biden as he named the the hunger conference's congressional champions. And the president, she said, will be honoring Walorski on Friday with a signing of bill to rename a VA clinic in Indiana after her. "That is what he was thinking of. He was thinking about her," Jean-Pierre said.

But this is just spin. Biden wasn't just thinking of her. He called out for her, wondering where she was.

This refusal to acknowledge what is, to user your words, an "embarrassing blunder" simply adds fuel to the fire. If it's no big deal, then why not simply state that he misspoke?
I appreciate the work in your post. I watched the video, and I also read the Whitehouse transcript. I note that the condolences by other speakers and the video tribute happened after Biden spoke. In my view it's entirely possible Biden did not misspeak. It looks to me as if he really didn't know that the late Representative, Jackie Walorski had died.
Yeah, but he never acknowledged that he was speaking to Don and not Doug.
I don't know that. I mean forgetting names becomes common as you get older, but no one is interested in hearing how many names Biden gets right, it's just expected that he should. Out of all the people he has met and known personally how many people's names is Biden expected to remember, thousands?

I would imagine that before any President ever makes a public appearance, they probably have someone designated to making sure they know the names of all the people they are expected to see and speak with. They even could have said something like, "Don't forget to mention Don", and Biden thought they said Doug, they're kind of similar sounding. Anyway, to your point, there are other reports that say Biden finally seemed to recognize he had the name wrong after the fourth time of calling him Doug.
Allow me to clarify my earlier "delusional" comment. The people I think are delusional are the people that are trying to say that they think Biden (and/or Trump) are "sharp".
I can understand that, but what someone means by sharp is not always the same as what you or I might think they mean. For example, in the op Mayorkas certainly was not praising Biden for getting most people's names right, and I don't even recall anyone besides Trump saying Trump is sharp. So far, the Biden administration has been effectively dealing with multiple major geo-political problems from day one of his presidency.
Taken individually, these are "slips", or "misstatements". But taken collectively, I find them to be concerning.
There's no doubt Biden is old and I'm sure his memory is not what it used to be. I vote for those candidates whose policies and expressed sentiments exhibit the non-hypocritical morality of loving others as oneself. And I vote against those candidates whose policies and expressed sentiments exhibit hypocritical judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,100,020.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This ridiculous hyperbole is why most people don't take the Democrats seriously.

When a presidential candidate (who doesn't pay his bills) invites Putin to invade NATO countries when they "don't pay their bills" everyone should take him seriously.

We may think he is talking in hyperbole...but experience shows us he means every word of it.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I appreciate the work in your post. I watched the video, and I also read the Whitehouse transcript. I note that the condolences by other speakers and the video tribute happened after Biden spoke.

Good point. I missed that when I read it, and you are correct.

In my view it's entirely possible Biden did not misspeak. It looks to me as if he really didn't know that the late Representative, Jackie Walorski had died.

Now that's not true. Jackie Walorski died in August. From the article:

In August, Biden and first lady Jill Biden issued a statement extending their condolences following Walorski's passing.
"I appreciated her partnership as we plan for a historic White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health this fall that will be marked by her deep care for the needs of rural America," Biden said in an August statement. "We send our deepest condolences to her husband, Dean, to the families of her staff members, Zachery Potts and Emma Thomson, who lost their lives in public service, and to the people of Indiana's Second District who lost a representative who was one of their own."
The White House also flew flags at half-staff in memoriam of Walorski and her aides who were also killed.

This statement and the flying of flags at half-staff occurred in August. The "Where's Jackie?" blunder happened in September. Biden was fully aware that Representative Walorski had died, and he still called out looking for her. That's not a forgotten or misplaced name.

But do you see how you went into explaining mode? It's because the reality that the President of the United States calling out for someone who died a month prior is a concerning mental flub that deserves further scrutiny. It cannot be explained by a simple explanation of he mixed up names. No, he forgot that someone had died just a month prior.

I don't know that. I mean forgetting names becomes common as you get older,

That's true. Your mind is not as "sharp" as you get older. Perhaps a good argument for why such people should not be President of the United States.

but no one is interested in hearing how many names Biden gets right, it's just expected that he should. Out of all the people he has met and known personally how many people's names is Biden expected to remember, thousands?

I would imagine that before any President ever makes a public appearance, they probably have someone designated to making sure they know the names of all the people they are expected to see and speak with. They even could have said something like, "Don't forget to mention Don", and Biden thought they said Doug, they're kind of similar sounding. Anyway, to your point, there are other reports that say Biden finally seemed to recognize he had the name wrong after the fourth time of calling him Doug.

And again, here you are rationalizing. Why?

Biden couldn't even recall Hamas' name last week, instead opting to call them "the opposition", until someone off camera reminded him.

How many of these fumbling press conferences and gaffes have to pile up before people will acknowledge there has been a clear and steady decline in Biden's mental acuity?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We may think he is talking in hyperbole...

The hyperbole I am referring to is the proclamations that democracy as we know it will come to an end and the world will implode if Trump is elected president. You know, the exact same nonsensical things everyone said the first time Trump was elected president.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The hyperbole I am referring to is the proclamations that democracy as we know it will come to an end and the world will implode if Trump is elected president. You know, the exact same nonsensical things everyone said the first time Trump was elected president.
He and the GOP were working pretty hard to make his election the last election.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Team Trump really did try tho. From "find me the votes" to "alternate electors". We're lucky that other Republican's put the brakes on their malfeasance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟205,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point. I missed that when I read it, and you are correct.

Now that's not true. Jackie Walorski died in August. From the article:

In August, Biden and first lady Jill Biden issued a statement extending their condolences following Walorski's passing.
"I appreciated her partnership as we plan for a historic White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health this fall that will be marked by her deep care for the needs of rural America," Biden said in an August statement. "We send our deepest condolences to her husband, Dean, to the families of her staff members, Zachery Potts and Emma Thomson, who lost their lives in public service, and to the people of Indiana's Second District who lost a representative who was one of their own."
The White House also flew flags at half-staff in memoriam of Walorski and her aides who were also killed.

This statement and the flying of flags at half-staff occurred in August. The "Where's Jackie?" blunder happened in September. Biden was fully aware that Representative Walorski had died, and he still called out looking for her. That's not a forgotten or misplaced name.
It's possible that statement was written by Jill Biden on behalf of Joe and herself. My impression is that a President is too busy to write all the thank you cards and all the happy birthday cards and condolences for all the people they know and it's typically a staff member or someone else close to the President that usually does such things on behalf of the President.

To be clear, I know it's not a forgotten name. I said it looks to me like Biden doesn't know she's dead when he asks where's Jackie. How else do you explain him asking where she is? I grant you, he may have known and forgotten, but the bottom line is it makes sense that Biden wouldn't ask where she is at the time if he didn't think in that moment, she was alive.
But do you see how you went into explaining mode? It's because the reality that the President of the United States calling out for someone who died a month prior is a concerning mental flub that deserves further scrutiny. It cannot be explained by a simple explanation of he mixed up names. No, he forgot that someone had died just a month prior.
Of course, a person is going to go into explaining mode when looking for an explanation. It still makes my point that Biden thought she was alive at the time he was asking where she was (he didn't know she was dead at that moment). And it's still a possibility that he didn't remember because there are staff or other people like Jill Biden who take care of most of these condolences for a president because he's too busy.

As for scrutiny, I just attended the memorial for my brother-in-law about two weeks ago. He passed away about two months ago. At the memorial I asked his wife how she was doing. She's two years older than me and I've known her since our early twenties. She said that she had got up that very morning made breakfast and called him to come and join her. I said to her how weird that must be. I hope she didn't take it personally.

Now I can see why you feel Biden's memory deserves concern because of these episodes. But I also consider that we see these episodes focused upon and brought to our minds in our media everyday as political talking points. We're being told why we should be concerned when in reality they're not telling us things that are not common for people my age. You may be thinking that I'm explaining away something that should be of the utmost concern, but I would call it finding grace while not being a hypocrite. God knows I'd trust an Old character of Joe Biden with half a mind in the Whitehouse more than I would trust a youthful Donald Trump with a whole mind.
That's true. Your mind is not as "sharp" as you get older. Perhaps a good argument for why such people should not be President of the United States.
Like I said the term "sharp" can be qualified different ways. What about the wisdom that comes with age? It's easy for the pride of the youth to look down upon the weakness of their elders because they are yet young and still foolish. I think it would be foolish to presume the apostles of God didn't think things through when advising that the wisest of the elders should be in charge.
And again, here you are rationalizing. Why?
It's unreasonable to not count all the times Biden remembered people's names and only point out the moments when he didn't. So of course, I'm going to be rationalizing because I'm a rational being preferring grace over cynicism. What, you think you're not rationalizing?
Biden couldn't even recall Hamas' name last week, instead opting to call them "the opposition", until someone off camera reminded him.

That snippet of video doesn't prove anything. In another video you can see Biden is telling them he wants to choose his words carefully in the context of what he can and cannot say about hostage negotiations. He uses the term "opposition" and somebody else speaks the word "Hamas" most likely to clarify what he means by "opposition". It doesn't even prove he forgot the word "Hamas".
How many of these fumbling press conferences and gaffes have to pile up before people will acknowledge there has been a clear and steady decline in Biden's mental acuity?
I think it's a strawman argument, I don't see anyone disputing that our memory declines as we get older. The real issue here is political propaganda and that we should not trust hypocrites whose minds entertain hypocritical judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's possible that statement was written by Jill Biden on behalf of Joe and herself. My impression is that a President is too busy to write all the thank you cards and all the happy birthday cards for all the people they know and it's a staff member or someone else that does such things on behalf of the President.

I didn't say it's s forgotten or misplaced name. I said it looks to me like Biden doesn't know she's dead. How else do you explain him asking where she is. I grant you, he may have known and forgotten, but the bottom line is Biden wouldn't ask where she is if he didn't think she was alive.

Or he legitimately forgot because his mental state is in decline. The simplest explanation is usually correct.

Of course, a person is going to go into explaining mode when looking for an explanation.

Sure. Because the obvious explanation that an elderly man is experiencing mental decline right in front of our very eyes can't be correct.

It still makes my point that Biden thought she was alive at the time he was asking where she was (he didn't know she was dead at that moment). And it's still a possibility that he didn't remember because there are staff or other people like Jill Biden who take care of most of these condolences for a president because he's too busy.

I can't believe you're trying to pretend like Biden didn't know Walorski was dead. Not even the the White House tried to make that ridiculous argument.

Now I can see why you feel Biden's memory deserves concern because of these episodes. But I also consider that we see these episodes focused upon and brought to our minds in our media everyday as political talking points.

In reality, these "episodes" are quite frequent.

We're being told why we should be concerned when in reality they're not telling us things that are not common for people my age.

You are not the President of the United States. Perhaps the standard for the leader of the free world should be different than it is for the every day aging citizen.

You may be thinking that I'm explaining away something that should be of the utmost concern, but I would call it finding grace while not being a hypocrite. In truth I'd trust a character of Joe Biden with half a mind in the Whitehouse more than I would trust Donald Trump with a whole mind.

If you have to make up stories pretending Biden didn't know someone was dead to find that grace when he clearly did, I would suggest that you've gone far beyond "finding grace" and moved on to "alternate reality".

So there is no confusion, here is the statement from President Biden dated August 3, 2022 addressing the passing of Congresswoman Jackie Walorski. It begins:
Jill and I are shocked and saddened by the death of Congresswoman Jackie Walorski of Indiana along with two members of her staff in a car accident today in Indiana.

That snippet of video doesn't prove anything. In another video you can see Biden is telling them he wants to choose his words carefully in the context of what he can and cannot say about hostage negotiations. He uses the term "opposition" and somebody else speaks the word "Hamas" most likely to clarify what he means by "opposition". It doesn't even prove he forgot the word "Hamas".

Watch the video again. He struggles to come up with the word Hamas, says the word "opposition" instead, and then says, "Yes, I'm sorry" to the person who reminded him that it was Hamas. Again, you are not "finding grace" here. You are ignoring the most obvious explanation.

In reality, it's clear to anyone watching that Biden's mental acuity is declining. It is painful to watch press conferences where he looks like he just woke up, or watch him wander aimlessly on the platform until someone directs him where to go.

The Democrats have a very real problem. So do the Republicans. They've chosen the absolute worst candidates in an apparent race to the bottom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. They really should just accept the results graciously like the Democrats always have. Oh wait...

Voicing your objections is one thing. Pressuring a secretary of state to change a vote count, thats way beyond.

And having "alternate electors" sign official docs saying they are the actual electors? No, not remotely comparable to just whining about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Voicing your objections is one thing. Pressuring a secretary of state to change a vote count, thats way beyond.

And having "alternate electors" sign official docs saying they are the actual electors? No, not remotely comparable to just whining about it.

Did you even watch the video or read the article? Democrats went FAR beyond just "voicing objections".

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 11.05.24 AM.png

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden's upcoming physical exam will not include a cognitive test.

From the article:

Recent polling has found that Biden's age is a major issue for a majority of not only Americans in general, but also Democrats. A Sunday poll from ABC/Ipsos found that 86% of Americans believe Biden is too old to serve another term, including 73% of Democrats.
You'd think if there is no problem with Biden's cognitive abilities, taking a test and releasing the results would be in his best interest to silence all of the concerns that the majority of Americans and Democrats have.

So why is Biden refusing a cognitive test?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No, Buden is clearly not at peak performance. And it's obvious.

This is a race between two old men, with failing mental faculties. Neither should be president.

This is going to be an even worse circus of an election than the last one was.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did you even watch the video or read the article? Democrats went FAR beyond just "voicing objections".

View attachment 342718
I dont usually argue via videos. Its just more commitment than I can give this place at this stage in my life.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

View attachment 342718

I totally remember when Gore, Kerry, and Clinton all led campaigns to claim the election was false for years and then instigated mobs of their supporters to storm the Capitol to force an overturn of those elections.

Oh wait.

-CryptoLutheran

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0