Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Great. It’s not bad enough that they support the murder of children, now they want to support the mutilation of those who manage to not be killed.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
If you actually read the documents you discover it doesn't endorse sex change operations for youths.

What a shock

Instead you find statements like this:

"In the United States, adolescents are not able to consent for removal of their ovaries/uterus/testes/penis (considered sterilization procedures) until they are 18 years old."

"starting hormone therapy will be determined based on discussion with the patient, family, and health care team."

" Gender-related hormone therapy before puberty is not needed because testosterone or estrogen would not be present in children before puberty. "

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you actually read the documents you discover it doesn't endorse sex change operations for youths.

What a shock

"In the United States, adolescents are not able to consent for removal of their ovaries/uterus/testes/penis (considered sterilization procedures) until they are 18 years old."

"starting hormone therapy will be determined based on discussion with the patient, family, and health care team."

" Gender-related hormone therapy before puberty is not needed because testosterone or estrogen would not be present in children before puberty. "
Ah. So they are against it.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What a shock

Link?

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Imagine. Listening to medical experts on medical issues.

Yeah, because if you can be certain of at least one community not corrupted by money...it's the medical community. I can't imagine why they would jump at a chance to pump your children full of drugs and push them down the road towards a lifetime of multiple surgeries. They'd have to create like....a whole new system of profitable clinics for that.

Anent surgeries, the documents note: Typically used in adulthood or case- by-case in adolescence

Hardly a blanket endorsement.

Well that's a relief....they won't do it if your child just wants it....they have to really want it.

How come the science community and the medical community are so far apart on this?

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
yes, though it's part of a chart that includes treatment for adults. The comment on surgery is "Typically used in adulthood or case-by-case in adolescence". The document seems to be describing current practice, and not suggesting changes in it. To my knowledge, this description is correct.

I should note that the term adolescence is not synonymous with minors, since adolescence goes beyond age 18.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The headline of the Fox article is technically correct, since an 18 year old would be considered a youth. However the first sentence says "President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors." As far as I can tell this is false.

The third paragraph seems misleading, since it suggests that surgery is normal treatment for adolescents, while the documents suggests it is the exception.

Of course it's likely that none of this matters, since Fox's audience will be outraged by any suggestion of support for transgender people, no matter the age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The headline of the Fox article is technically correct, since an 18 year old would be considered a youth. However the first sentence says "President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors." As far as I can tell this is false.

The third paragraph seems misleading, since it suggests that surgery is normal treatment for adolescents, while the documents suggests it is the exception.

Of course it's likely that none of this matters, since Fox's audience will be outraged by any suggestion of support for transgender people, no matter the age.

I doubt I'm Fox's audience but I have no problem with adults seeking whatever treatment they need. I'd probably be ok with 16 years old in some cases.

But I know they don't know what they're talking about. Activism has distorted the scientific community.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I doubt I'm Fox's audience but I have no problem with adults seeking whatever treatment they need. I'd probably be ok with 16 years old in some cases.

But I know they don't know what they're talking about. Activism has distorted the scientific community.
evidence?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Considering the difficulties trans people face in life if they cannot find safety, support, and medical care, Biden's policies are in line with the best evidence-based care.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Considering the difficulties trans people face in life if they cannot find safety, support, and medical care, Biden's policies are in line with the best evidence-based care.
They don’t need safety and support. They need to repent from their sin.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They don’t need safety and support.

The high rates of suicide for those who don't receive safety and support would seem to argue otherwise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.