• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Biden Administration creates chaos at every turn

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Apr 23, 2021.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,811
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Opinion piece:

Biden administration creates chaos at every turn

In the short 11 weeks since President Biden was inaugurated on Jan. 20, we can say he and his administration have at least been consistent. Consistent in creating chaos at every turn and in ripping apart successful efforts and policy and replacing them with disasters.

This is nothing new, but it is impressive how consistent they are and how quickly they jump right back into the pool of believing they can cover up their incompetence and sometimes malevolence by misleading and lying to the American people.

Take the remarkably disastrous Democratic decision to attempt to punish the state of Georgia for an election integrity bill passed in the wake of serious challenges during the 2020 presidential race. Despite having won the state in 2020, and Georgia sending two Democratic senators to Washington, Mr. Biden agreed with the woke extremists in his party and said he would support Major League Baseball punishing Atlanta by pulling the All-Star game from that city. “I think today’s professional athletes are acting incredibly responsibly. I would strongly support them doing that. People look to them. They’re leaders,” he told ESPN.
    Thoughts?

****Please note: Let's do our best to speak about this current administration****

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,637
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The MLB made a decision, the president supports their decision.

What’s the problem here?

3. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+4,846
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    MLB baseball decided to move the game. Biden did agree with the decision, which maybe he shouldn't have done publicly, be he wasn't the source of it. There is some truth to the complaint about the border, but Biden's policies aren't the complete reversal of Trump's policies that the article paints it as. And as for the last piece, he talks about the Democrats trying to pass something without republican votes, while annoying that Republicans do the exact same thing when they are in power. And of course both Obamacare and the American Rescue Plan had Republican input, before they decided to vote against it anyway. So in conclusion, he has a point, though not as big of one as he is claiming, about the border, and the rest is jiggery pokery.

4. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,332
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't see this as a Democrat only decision. The players and owners of the MLB have made their feelings clear on the matter, and will be moving from Georgia for their attempt to limit people voting without making voting easier for legitimate voters. I think Biden is fine in supporting the MLB and athletes in this since they are not disrupting anything vital or causing a riot.

If Georgia wants to continue to go down this path, it will have to deal with companies and people leaving the state that can leave.

5. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,954
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Opinions are like... nm.

I disagree with the OP.

6. hislegacy

+9,811
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  7. hislegacy

+9,811
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you.

8. GoldenBoy89

+22,637
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
  9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,692
    Anglican
    Married
    It surely appears that Joe does whatever the "woke" element in his party wants, sometimes even if he's promised the American people that he would not do so.

Therefore, I cannot disagree with the analysis given here. I would be thrilled, of course, if he were to show himself to be an actual moderate willing to work across the aisle...in other words the sort of politician he was alleged to be while the election campaign was still underway.​

10. Hans Blaster

Hans Blaster Well-Known Member

+3,645
    Atheist
    Private
    I feel ripped off. I was promised 'chaos at every turn' and all I get is a President agreeing with an action made by a private institution (MLB) in response to the actions of a state (Georgia) that he disagreed with.

I don't really see "chaos" in that statement from Biden, nor does the post provide stuff happening at every turn. This post fails to live up to its title. 2 stars out of 5.

11. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,692
    Anglican
    Married
    That was, I believe, only an example.

But look at the state of the country since Biden became president. The word chaos may be a bit strong, but we are indeed in a mess on several different fronts and all of them are the doing of the current administration.

12. Hammster

Hammster Can you describe the ruckus? Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+21,190
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Unfortunately, we do.

13. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+4,515
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Do you know the difference between "The Democrats" and "Major League Baseball"??? It seems you think they're somehow connected...

****Please note: Let's do our best to speak about this current administration and not other organizations like businesses/corporations****

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,692
    Anglican
    Married
    Look. That refrain--and it was already voiced by another poster--is a diversion. The President didn't make that lamentable decision about the All-Star Game in Georgia, BUT it was his response to it that is at issue.

The position taken by the President, any President, and his words spoken on such occasions is not incidental. I should think we all would know that by now.

15. Hans Blaster

+3,645
    Atheist
    Private
    It was the only complaint presented. I can only deal with complaints presented, not the unstated. If you want to talk about "administration chaos" then 1) it needs to be "chaos" and 2) it needs to be an action of the Biden administration. The "Georgia/MLB" thing was the actions of a private org (MLB) in response to the actions of the Georgia legislature. I'm not sure either is chaos, and neither is the Biden administration. The only thing Biden did was say he agreed with the actions of MLB and condemned the actions of the GA leg.

If you want to talk about widespread "Biden chaos" we need multiple examples of real government actions by the Biden admin. They've done a lot of things, do you think they are chaos? If so, give examples and explain your position on their chaotic nature, or the OP is moot.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,692
    Anglican
    Married
    As an example. That was perfectly obvious from a reading of the post.

You say you can only respond to examples that were given? Hmmm. How strange that would be if we all actually did such a thing. Anyway, this is also what was presented to readers:

"Consistent in creating chaos at every turn and in ripping apart successful efforts and policy and replacing them with disasters.

"This is nothing new, but it is impressive how consistent they are and how quickly they jump right back into the pool of believing they can cover up their incompetence and sometimes malevolence by misleading and lying to the American people."

That looks like something that could prompt all sorts thoughts in response, just as we were asked about.

What's moot are comments that say, in effect, "I have no comment." If any reader is unfamiliar with the events of the past several months and so is not in a position to comment on them, that's the best approach.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  17. Hans Blaster

+3,645
    Atheist
    Private
    Those are rather vague. What are they supposed to mean?

All I can gather from these quotes is that the writer doesn't like Biden policy. I want examples not feelings.

18. GoldenBoy89

+22,637
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Really? I see us in a much better position than we were in just a few months ago. I guess it depends who you ask.

19. GoldenBoy89

+22,637
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    And would have either way.

20. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,530
    Atheist
    Single
    Dismantling bad and even evil Trump policies is far from a disaster. The disaster was that those policies ever existed.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List