Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We didn't elect Biden to carry on with politics as usual; we elected him to shake things up... ;)

Amen to that!

The Democrats made no such decision -- Private businesses made that decision. Biden is simply supporting the right of businessowners to choose which state they do or do not want to operate in... not that he would have any authority to stop them if he didn't.

These pesky little facts tend to get in the way of the narrative that's being pushed in this thread.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, not a misrepresentation - but a different interpretation of what the actions of the president caused. We have a difference of opinion.

viva le difference!

The president didn't cause the actions. We have more than different opinions; we have different facts. The article is relying on alternative facts.

Georgia passed a law.
A few businesses have chosen not to do business in Georgia because they don't like the law.

What did Biden (or the Democrats in general) "cause"?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, not a misrepresentation - but a different interpretation of what the actions of the president caused. We have a difference of opinion.

viva le difference!
What did the president cause that GA legislators didn’t? Seems like the MLB moving their game is more a result of their (GA GOP’s) actions than it is because of anything the president has said or done.

I think your ire is a bit misplaced.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never heard of Frnace.

Thank you - i always appreciate when people point out typos and think they made some type of salient point - alway good for a checkle.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you - i always appreciate when people point out typos and think they made some type of salient point - alway good for a checkle.
How about the comment right above that one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The president didn't cause the actions. We have more than different opinions; we have different facts. The article is relying on alternative facts.

Georgia passed a law.
A few businesses have chosen not to do business in Georgia because they don't like the law.

What did Biden (or the Democrats in general) "cause"?

This is going to be worth extra butter on the popcorn.

Biden did not cause the actions:

biden.JPG

On March 26, the president of the United States calls Georgia Law "Jim Crow" - for which he received four Pinocchio's (Liar liar pants on fire)

On April 1, 2021 Biden says he strongly supports moving the game from Georgia.

biden three.JPG

9 days later the MLB (who proudly display BLM paraphernalia)

MLB players allowed to wear 'Black Lives Matter' patches on jerseys for Opening Day

Move the game to punish Georgia, with the blessing of the President:

biden t.JPG

And I am told there are facts showing he did not influence them.

Don't put yogurt on my popcorn and say it's butter.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What did the president cause that GA legislators didn’t? Seems like the MLB moving their game is more a result of their (GA GOP’s) actions than it is because of anything the president has said or done.

I think your ire is a bit misplaced.

How about the comment right above that one?

Answered in post #51 - you are welcome.

• Friendly
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

View attachment 298084

On March 26, the president of the United States calls Georgia Law "Jim Crow" - for which he received four Pinocchio's (Liar liar pants on fire)

View attachment 298085

9 days later the MLB (who proudly display BLM paraphernalia)

MLB players allowed to wear 'Black Lives Matter' patches on jerseys for Opening Day

View attachment 298083

It says right there they did it in response to the GA election law yet, Biden gets the blame but not the people who wrote and passed the law that caused the MLBs reaction.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It says right there they did it in response to the GA election law yet, Biden gets the blame but not the people who wrote and passed the law that caused the MLBs reaction.
...And here we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The people who were just elected by the voters to represent them? Those people?

The law that Joe Biden falsely called Jim Crow more than a week before they chose to move? The law that Joe Biden said he would support them moving - before they made the decision?

The law that is less restrictive than in Joe's home state?

The law that helped voters, but required voter ID. Which you have to present to register to vote to begin with? Did you know you cannot register to vote in a national election without providing ID? What happened to that ID? What happened to the free voter Registration card everyone receives when they register?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Which you have to present to register to vote to begin with? Did you know you cannot register to vote in a national election without providing ID?
LOL! I registered to vote by signing a form on a clipboard handed to me by a chick I ran into at a hotrod show. No ID required. The state I lived in before that it was at a card table set up in front of the grocery store; same deal. But Oh My, we had better require a photo ID at the polling place. :(

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The people who were just elected by the voters to represent them? Those people?

The law that Joe Biden falsely called Jim Crow more than a week before they chose to move? The law that Joe Biden said he would support them moving - before they made the decision?

The law that is less restrictive than in Joe's home state?

The law that helped voters, but required voter ID. Which you have to present to register to vote to begin with? Did you know you cannot register to vote in a national election without providing ID? What happened to that ID? What happened to the free voter Registration card everyone receives when they register?
Yep, that’s the one.

Per your own link, that’s the law the MLB responded to by moving their game out of Georgia, not the president’s comments or opinions on the law. If you have a problem with their decision you should either take it up with the MLB (who moved the game) or the GA legislature (who caused MLB to move their game).

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, that’s the one.

Per your own link, that’s the law the MLB responded to by moving their game out of Georgia, not the president’s comments or opinions on the law. If you have a problem with their decision you should either take it up with the MLB (who moved the game) or the GA legislature (who caused MLB to move their game).

Yes, the MLB chose to move the game - yes the MLB supports the political group BLM - yes the MLB had the blessing of the President days before they chose to move it.

Yes, the legislature in Georgia that was just elected into office acted on the will of the citizens of Georgia and passed the laws.

Yes the Georgia laws are less restrictive than the election laws in Delaware.

Yes, this is all just politicizing sports entertainment. When they start loosing money like the NFL did their vision might just change.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Which means that this statement from your article:

Take the remarkably disastrous Democratic decision to attempt to punish the state of Georgia for an election integrity bill

Is a falsehood.

Which "caused" nothing.

Supporting a decision that MLB made the week before.

ETA:My bad; looks like they made the announcement on April 2.

Still, it's disingenuous to claim Biden "caused" this because librulmanbad.

Which has nothing to do with Biden or the Democrats.

What would you want them to do, anyway?

View attachment 298083

"influence"? Who said "influence"?

You said "cause" --

a term you are now backpedaling away from...and for good reason.

And don't try to rewrite history to cover your error -- at least not without editing your posts first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0