Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This whole abortion thing from the leadership of conservative white evangelicals is just a replacement for the failure of segregation.
Please for to expound.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟304,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Please for to expound.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133/

In fact, it wasn’t until 1979—a full six years after Roe—that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but as a rallying-cry to deny President Jimmy Carter a second term. Why? Because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools. So much for the new abolitionism.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133/

In fact, it wasn’t until 1979—a full six years after Roe—that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but as a rallying-cry to deny President Jimmy Carter a second term. Why? Because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools. So much for the new abolitionism.
Ah, yes, Lee Atwater.
Say what you want about him, but he was a political-strategist-genius.
I heard that he got religion towards the end, and though I’m reticent to admit it, he got a good dose.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If he has no known reason to commit perjury, then it makes more sense to assume he's not actually committing perjury.
When the “Everybody’s ‘out-to-get-Trump’!” crowd sees it though…

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,435,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....I recall the reaction of these folks when Jimmy Carter granted an interview to Playboy magazine.

One group of Evangelicals, the Christian Freedom Foundation, were already convinced that Carter had never truly been one of them because of his association with the iniquities of liberalism. The organization, founded by leading conservative Christians, distributed 120,000 recruitment mailings to ministers that included a book called The Five Duties of a Christian Citizen and a manual on how to elect “real Christians” to office. The manual proposed screening candidates for endorsement with the question, “How do you feel about Nelson Rockefeller or Ronald Reagan as presidential candidates?” A preference for Rockefeller, Ford’s vice president and the tribune of the Republicans’ liberal wing, was disqualifying.

Nearly 50 years later, "conservative evangelicals" elected a leader who allegedly has sex with Playboy bunnies and quipped he can "grab them by _____".

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It boggles my mind that Christians appear to believe that Joe Biden is NOT A very, very, very corrupt politician.
It's funny. You say he's corrupt but really you just liat a bunch of policies you disagree with him on. And because you disagree with him he's corrupt.

it's like people can't just disagree with you.

Did you notice the different between your lists and mine? The things I listed that Trump did were not POLICY or POLITICAL decisions. They were character choices that displayed his immorality.

Since Trump has no moral fabric and Biden is as offensive as Wonderbread the only option to feel you have the high ground to classify his political stances as immoral as he himself has not actually done anything to hurt individuals in his life the way Trump has.

Would you want to be married to someone with trumps moral code or with Biden's?
Although....maybe you're a swinger...no judgement....

Otherwise your list is a whose who of oan headlines that have never produced meaningful evidence of any crimes. Your incredulity of others is baseless if you have a reasonable understanding of judging character based on actions and evidence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟371,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Fair enough. Then, we shall have to wait and see if the defense attorney cross examines the former head of a leading tabloid news rag.
Who was a good friend of trumps for year.
You know, like that human Trafficking child molesting rapist.

Birds of a feather, hey Vambram. Trump sure hangs out with true deplorables

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟304,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
....I recall the reaction of these folks when Jimmy Carter granted an interview to Playboy magazine.

One group of Evangelicals, the Christian Freedom Foundation, were already convinced that Carter had never truly been one of them because of his association with the iniquities of liberalism. The organization, founded by leading conservative Christians, distributed 120,000 recruitment mailings to ministers that included a book called The Five Duties of a Christian Citizen and a manual on how to elect “real Christians” to office. The manual proposed screening candidates for endorsement with the question, “How do you feel about Nelson Rockefeller or Ronald Reagan as presidential candidates?” A preference for Rockefeller, Ford’s vice president and the tribune of the Republicans’ liberal wing, was disqualifying.

Carter is just at the edge of my personal political awareness. His loss to Reagan was the first election return I remember watching and following along with. (We had outline maps from school to color in as states were called.) I was disappointed in his loss, but not because I was a backer of his policies (or opponent of Reagan's), but because it felt bad seeing the President be defeated. (I'm fairly certain both of my parents voted for Reagan.) The Iranian revolution, the hostage crisis, TMI, the Olympic boycott (and the victory over the Soviets on ice) --- these are the things I remember from them happening in 79/80.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,435,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Carter is just at the edge of my personal political awareness. His loss to Reagan was the first election return I remember watching and following along with. (We had outline maps from school to color in as states were called.) I was disappointed in his loss, but not because I was a backer of his policies (or opponent of Reagan's), but because it felt bad seeing the President be defeated. (I'm fairly certain both of my parents voted for Reagan.) The Iranian revolution, the hostage crisis, TMI, the Olympic boycott (and the victory over the Soviets on ice) --- these are the things I remember from them happening in 79/80.

I probably should have wrote, "I vaguely recall....." as I wasn't paying a lot of attention to political campaign's in '76 (10 years old). However, I was aware of the emerging Evangelical right as a political force as I was attending a Christian School that plugged into the Jerry Falwell / Bob Jones evangelical space. Our school bussed us to a Jerry Falwell "I Love America" rally in the late 70's in Washington D.C. I perceived Carter as weak (the Iran hostages) and encouraged my parents to vote for Reagan (not sure if they did). And in 1984, joined the US Army....so yea, I was all in on "loving" and "saving" America from the "liberals" at home and "communists" abroad.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's funny. You say he's corrupt but really you just liat a bunch of policies you disagree with him on. And because you disagree with him he's corrupt.

it's like people can't just disagree with you.

Did you notice the different between your lists and mine? The things I listed that Trump did were not POLICY or POLITICAL decisions. They were character choices that displayed his immorality.

Since Trump has no moral fabric and Biden is as offensive as Wonderbread the only option to feel you have the high ground to classify his political stances as immoral as he himself has not actually done anything to hurt individuals in his life the way Trump has.

Would you want to be married to someone with trumps moral code or with Biden's?
Although....maybe you're a swinger...no judgement....

Otherwise your list is a whose who of oan headlines that have never produced meaningful evidence of any crimes. Your incredulity of others is baseless if you have a reasonable understanding of judging character based on actions and evidence.

Anyone can disagree with anyone. Last time I checked, we still have the right to do so. But the list of the very strong disagreements that I have expressed with Joe Biden and the progressive left are not policy disagreements to me.
What I listed, either in this thread or another thread, are strong disagreements due to the fact I believe that those leftist progressive actions are immoral.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟371,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Anyone can disagree with anyone. Last time I checked, we still have the right to do so. But the list of the very strong disagreements that I have expressed with Joe Biden and the progressive left are not policy disagreements to me.
What I listed, either in this thread or another thread, are strong disagreements due to the fact I believe that those leftist progressive actions are immoral.
A poster was equating supposed policy positions held by biden with morality and I don't think that's a reasonable comparison.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It boggles my mind that Christians appear to believe that Joe Biden is NOT A very, very, very corrupt politician.

Can you provide evidence of said corruption?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A poster was equating supposed policy positions held by biden with morality and I don't think that's a reasonable comparison.
To you, the differences I listed are merely policy positions. However, for me, what I listed previously are what I believe are immoral practices and beliefs by the leaders of the progressive left in the Democratic Party.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That’s the thing, though, government isn’t supposed to be an agent for good morals, since that would require government to set the morals.
And while “Justice” and “ethics” are a type of “morals”, they’re what government relies on in running its policies; (and yes the government sets the standards for these), but they’re only “morals” in the sense that they adhere (however tenuously), to the Constitution.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟371,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
To you, the differences I listed are merely policy positions. However, for me, what I listed previously are what I believe are immoral practices and beliefs by the leaders of the progressive left in the Democratic Party.
You mean "immoral policy positions". Because they aren't throwing up a wall on the southern border, and, terminating pregnancies you feel Biden is being immoral. Well, not just immoral but very very immoral I tihnk you said.

You listed 2 policy positions you disagree with and you think that makes him an immoral person because you have decided to ELEVATE those to policy positions to a moral stance. And that's all you have, literally, to say that Biden is immoral. For a person in politics, that's nothing. I can say choose any one of Trump's politics and just decide for myself that it's a "moral issue" because I decide it to be a moral issue. But it's not his policy position in that instance that makes him immoral (in part at least, because that is not an action that he himself is doing)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟707,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember lefties: The problem isn't that we don't read enough capable, well written news articles, the problem is that we don't read enough news articles from shoddy outlets with a ridiculously right leaning bent.

Also:

The lack of self awareness in this comment is, well, pretty hilarious.
The Catholic League is a shoddy outfit?

Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟707,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Them I'm sure you can list the DOZENS of well documented, bipartisan, undeniable, apolitical, immoral actions Biden has taken part in.
Hmmmm… like swimming naked in front of female Secret Service agents who were require to be there?

Having to drop out of Presidential campaigns because of plagiarism?

Upvote 0