Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is masturbation a sin?

Depends on who you do it with, or over. As long as it's your spouse that's good. If it's not, that's bad. I think it is a matter of conscience whether it's OK to touch over a picture of your husband/wife while you are away from them.
Yes. I agree.

1 Corinthians 7:5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, the problem again is not with specific sins.
The O.T. passage is ALL about, not keeping the law of love, and reproducing
and keeping his brothers name alive.

Again it wasnt' the action, but the heart behind it!

Also, if you have a temptation, or a evil nightmare - these aren't sins.
If you have a wet dream, that is not sin either, you don't choose those things.

There is also the scripture we ignore, about a husband and wife coming together
and not staying apart because this is the devils trap.

Many times married couples 'play games' and 'manipulate' each other with this amazing 'love gift' that only they can properly share together.

They are in it together! (husband and wife) like it or not, for better or worse.
So, satisfy each other - that is what love does, it does what the other needs.
Its always about your spouse - not you.

Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:5

Want to drive a wedge into inappropriate content and stop sexual sins?

Do what GOD says:

1) Our war is against the sin nature that produces the sin (not the sin)
2) GOD loves us and is our way out of any trouble.
3) Don't deprive each other in marriage.
4) Get married if you are not. Its better to the scripture says.
5) Sins mentioned in the bible are not there to find fault with each other, they are
there to show us, that if we live like that, we are really listening to the sin nature (satan himself -his nature), also GOD doesn't hate sin because HE is so HOLY (although HE is) but because of what it does to us - it destroys us.
6) HE can replace wrong desires, lusts, etc.. with HIS LOVE which is beyond knowing.
7) Don't focus on sin (or a particular sin) focus on HIS GRACE. We don't preach commandments/rules to follow (that actually increases sin). NO, we preach a person to follow, we preach JESUS and HIM crucified.

-Eric

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,788.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Of course the Bible says it's a sin, but you just need to know where to look. The whole Garden of Eden story is about masturbation. The serpent represents sexual desire; the forbidden fruit is the sexual organ and the tree of knowledge is the nerve system. Read metaphorically, the fall of man was nothing but the descent into a more carnal nature.

Moreover, God most likely ordained circumcision to prevent people from masturbating.
What? :confused:

Is there a new version of the Bible around? The Masturbation Version...

Upvote 0

jant54

May 19, 2012
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is an older thread but nonetheless pertinent. I'm a mom of four young-adult kids. Two are boys. I would tell them, and you, that our sexual urges are a sign of God's created urge to procreate. It's natural to have urges. Our physical beings are programed to want SEX and therefore continue God's created humans - in HIS image. Relax. Yes, we feel dirty when we are not abstaining but rather than focus on that try focusing on God's beautiful plan for the human (in HIS image) race. Grow up, discipline yourself in as many areas as God brings to mind, Love God with all your heart mind and soul; love your neighbors and when you are old enough marry. Blessing.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had to laugh out loud when reading the responses to this question. It's as if some are saying they don't ever do such. Now if your old and have a medical issue I'll believe such but in absence of that I sincerly doubt it. The human male expells sperm on a regular basis whether he causes it phyisically or not. Either by sex, touching yourself or during sleep. The latter would put to rest the theory of wastefulness to human life.
What can be sinful is what we imagine in our heart as we are engaged in this. If the thoughts are on our spouse then it is not sinful unless we are denying our spouse. It seems as though some think sex outside of procreation is sinful. As my wife is well past the childbearing age that would make me a regular sinneras I have never asked forgiveness for having sex with her. On the contrary, I thank God for the ability at my age.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say it counts as fornication (not gonna act like I never did bad stuff, though).

But think about it this way? What is sex exactly? You know what it is. Doesn't masturbation kinda fit with that?

And you aren't married to yourself, so it counts as fornication IMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would say it counts as fornication (not gonna act like I never did bad stuff, though).

But think about it this way? What is sex exactly? You know what it is. Doesn't masturbation kinda fit with that?

And you aren't married to yourself, so it counts as fornication IMO.
An INTERESTING thought. I have to disagree for a simple reason. Sexual sin is always placed high on the list of things God does not like and He has a reason for that. When you sin sexually, you cause another to sin along with you. touching yourself is by definition a solarity thing.
I would still maintain that it depends on where your mind is when you do such. If your solely after a releif (can't speak concerning women as I don't really know how much abstaining they can bear).With men it's a medical fact that he will expell sperm even if he has no sex (or masterbates). At least the healthy male will. There are perks in aging as I've past that age and sex has fallen way down the priority list. Mealtime excites me now days.

Upvote 0

LovingJesus4Life

Oct 10, 2012
✟15,217.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As a counselor, let me warn that fantasy, masturbation a inappropriate contentography are the three building block of sexual addiction and usually leads to acting out sexually in very unhealthy ways.

I'm NOT saying all masturbation is sinful, but as was mentioned, where the mind goes is of vital importance. "As a man thinketh he is."

I'm just warning anyone reading through this thread. TREAD VERY CAREFULLY and NEVER ASSUME YOU WON'T GET CAUGHT IN ADDICTION. Keep your MIND pure. Do NOT allow fantasy to go unchecked, because if you mix fantasy with the addictive physiological release of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], YOU WILL become addicted and it WILL have negative consequences. Do not fool yourselves!!!

I've lived it myself and I've counseled hundreds of others whose lives have been ruined by this very powerful and evasive addiction. Be warned!!!

Upvote 0

AHJE

& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i have done some research into this, its a well debated and gray area. I admit i do it, but i just don't know if its a sin or now? can anyone shed some definite light on this backed up with sound scipture? BTW what does sexual immorality mean? can anyone give some examples?? does sexual immorality include using a device when masturbating?

Also, i am a young man. How can we avoid any sin that is about flesh or things that goes on in our mind. Sometimes my imagination just works by it self! i don't even want to think about sex and picture enters my mind, is that a sin or tempation by the devil?

all help appreciated, please pm me if you have replied, i am really really forgetful, thanks :hug:
Hi, ...

I am a little shocked to hear this as a question. I thought that all knew masturbation to be what it is ... a grave violation of the commandment "Thou shalt not commit adultery" ... Jesus said that if you look at a woman with lust in your heart you are guilty of this sin. And that if your eyes or your right hand leads you to sin you are to cut it off so to speak.

Masturbation (an intrinsically disordered act) is absolutely and objectively speaking a grave violation against the sixth commandment. If done with full knowledge and with full consent of the will, it becomes Mortal Sin.

If done while sleeping or during some dream, it is not considered a mortal sin, for example.

God bless you.

Upvote 0