Zealot who is sensitive to the Holy Spirit
Mar 3, 2009
England
✟15,403.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
i have done some research into this, its a well debated and gray area. I admit i do it, but i just don't know if its a sin or now? can anyone shed some definite light on this backed up with sound scipture? BTW what does sexual immorality mean? can anyone give some examples?? does sexual immorality include using a device when masturbating?

Also, i am a young man. How can we avoid any sin that is about flesh or things that goes on in our mind. Sometimes my imagination just works by it self! i don't even want to think about sex and picture enters my mind, is that a sin or tempation by the devil?

all help appreciated, please pm me if you have replied, i am really really forgetful, thanks :hug:

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not mentioned in the Bible so I don't think it's an incredibly important debate.

I have a problem with those who would declare uncategorically that it is wrong based on their own reasoning and thus adding to the law. We have enough of a cross to bear to follow Jesus, we don't need to add to it.

Be full convinced in your own mind and follow it.

Upvote 0

ShainaBrina

The joy of the Lord is my strength
May 16, 2007
Georgian Bay area, Ontario
✟20,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Catholic church calls it Onanism from the story of Tamar. Onan's sin, however, was technically coitus interuptus God smote him Gen 38:7

Judism considers it a sin as it is a waste of human potential. Life is passed through the man. With masturbation one pours out the essence of one's soul with all the sanctity inherent in that and that it is given directly to the kelipah [powers of anti-divinity] There is no other sin that the kelipah can draw directly from the essence of holiness
masturbation is the only one. So masturbation is considered the worst spiritual sin possible. (Worse than murder.)

It is not the same sin for a woman though it is also prohibited as these feelings are meant to be shared with your spouse as God intended.

As for Christians, Paul says all things are lawful but not all things are helpful and I will not be brought under the power of any 1Cor 6:12 So it is not necessarily a sin. However it is not helpful and if it becomes habitual then it also becomes sin.

Most would consider it a sin in a marriage as it takes away from the intimate relationship. And if visual aids are used, that's another level of sin involving lust, adultery & exploitation. In an unmarried person it would still be consider inappropriate contentea (Greek for fornication etc)

Our flesh wars against the Spirit. The more we choose to deny (die to)the flesh and follow the Spirit the greater victory we will have and we will experience a closer walk with Him.

Be careful what you allow in your eye gate.

blessings
Shaina

Upvote 0

Lucis

Lost soul
Apr 26, 2009
haruðóz
✟8,467.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would be a hypocrite if I condemned it. And I think most others would be that too. If anyone condemn it, they will be condemned themselves if they don't practice as they preach.

The bible never mention it. And the only advice I've seen that is given for those that is "burning with lust" is to get married.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The actual sin is born not in the act itself, but the perverting of the mind before the gratifiyng act. Thoughts trigger our emotions, emotions influence our desires, and desires produce our actions. This is why scripture says to take every thought captive- 2 Cor 10:5. Because we are supposed to be spirit filled and led by the spirit, it should be noted that even a lustful thought could be considered a transgression by Jesus. MT 5:28 ....For God knows your thoughts and your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

k2svpete

Jan 18, 2008
Australia
✟8,798.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fellas there is reference to it in the bible when discussing the law and tenets. Leviticus, IIRC. Something about going out from the people when you're unclean and coming back when you're cleaned up. This could equally refer to wet dreams which are entirely natural and uncontrolled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

polishbeast

Servant of Jesus
Apr 14, 2008
UCF
✟9,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose. For here sexual pleasure is sought outside of the sexual relationship which is demanded by the moral order and in which the total meaning of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love is achieved.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Genesis 38:8-10 (King James Version)

8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not for women although the pleasure should be shared with one's husband so as not to detract from the intimacy of marriage.

It is a sin for men as it wastes the seed that contains life. Life is passed through the man.
You need both a sperm and an egg to create human life. We can produce as many as we like, you only have a limited number.
Genesis 38:8-10 (King James Version)

8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.
He disobeyed a direct command from his father out of pride, not wanting to continue his brother's line. He performed the sex act he was commanded to but didn't give his seed as commanded. I'm not sure how this relates to the topic of the thread though.

Upvote 0

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
it is absolutely a sin. the purposes of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] are procreation and union with a spouse. nothing more.

Upvote 0