New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Far as I know, Jesus is the only human being who we are commanded to eat His flesh and drink His blood.
And you’re okay with that? Eating another person’s flesh and drinking their blood? I don’t understand why people who love Jesus want to eat him.

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
If people can provide where it says explicitly in scripture not to eat another man post it here. Thanks!
why do you ask? just wondering. the Good Book doesn't touch on every abomination known to man. it gives us credit for common sense. so if it doesn't condemn a particular human activity it doesn't mean it's ok.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
By the way I've heard some folks make the exact point regarding poop eating! Coprophagia is not explicitly forbidden by scripture

That's really silly and you probably know it.

Can anyone answer my prior post #30 though?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A lot of times it’s because they are confused what the image of God is.

It has nothing to do with the image of God and everyting to do with biology. If we are not animals neither is my cat.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And you’re okay with that? Eating another person’s flesh and drinking their blood? I don’t understand why people who love Jesus want to eat him.
The reason the bread and wine maintains its original physical form is exactly to avoid this problem. We are eating spiritual blood and flesh, mystically changed to be Christ's. It is not as simply as eating another person. We are commanded to do it as it is our way of directly having Christ's divinity be part of us.

This is a common misunderstanding however. Many first through fourth century Christians were killed because the Roman's thought they were a cannibalistic cult.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why not explicitly state as much?

Many Christians would still consider us, in a mean sense, animals.
Many will also come to Him saying "Lord, Lord" and claiming they did many things in His name.... (They call Him Lord AND tgey do things in His name... clearly they considered themselves saved believers)
Matthew 7:21-22

Just cause the masses, even those that claim Jesus, doesnt mean they are correct.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

We are instructed to symbolically eat of his flesh and drink of his blood to pronounce the Lord's return.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just cause the masses, even those that claim Jesus, doesnt mean they are correct.

To borrow catholicism's terminology, are you against eating of the sacraments then? Further, are you condemning those who partake of them?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
The reason the bread and wine maintains its original physical form is exactly to avoid this problem. We are eating spiritual blood and flesh, mystically changed to be Christ's. It is not as simply as eating another person. We are commanded to do it as it is our way of directly having Christ's divinity be part of us.

This is a common misunderstanding however. Many first through fourth century Christians were killed because the Roman's thought they were a cannibalistic cult.
My objection and revulsion is not just toward actual cannibalism. It is also toward pretend cannibalism

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Im against Catholicism pretty much entirely... so.....

Are you against eating the ceremonial wafers at church and drinking the ceremonial blood then? You are against all christians partaking in the symbolic last supper?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you against eating the ceremonial wafers at church and drinking the ceremonial blood then? You are against all christians partaking in the symbolic last supper?

are you trying to imply something other than what is written in God’s Word?

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What other Christians do is none of my business.

If someone feels led to follow Catholicism and its traditions, that is between them and God. I never implied anything even close to being against "all Christians", I said "I" meaning singular, speaking of and for myself, no one else.

I only know what the Spirit says to me, concerning me and the path I am to follow.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 11:23-26

1 Corinthians 11:33

I’ll ask you again, perhaps I was not clear. Are you taking this literally rather than Spiritually? Did you know that there is both Law and Spirit? What about Baptism of water and of the Holy Spirit of Fire?

Notice the pattern. :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My objection and revulsion is not just toward actual cannibalism. It is also toward pretend cannibalism

In one sense, everything we eat and drink on a daily basis is Him. For all things came into being through him, and without him nothing would exist. When we partake of the sacrament, we are claiming that we have no life without him. In fact, we believe we now have life only because he gave his life for us. We are remembering his saving death and resurrection and being nourished by his resurrected life. He is our Source, our sustenance, our life. It is spiritual and yet, no less real. Cannibalism, on the other hand, is just a hungry person with nothing else to eat and a healthy fear of death.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,777.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What other Christians do is none of my business

That's not the best attitude to have, sorry to say. You should earnestly desire the best for the body of Christ, which you incidentally are a member thereof.

If someone feels led to follow Catholicism and its traditions, that is between them and God

It's pretty widespread across all protestant denominations as well. Partaking of the Lord's supper, that is.

I never implied anything even close to being against "all Christians", I said "I" meaning singular, speaking of and for myself, no one else.

What made you bring up that Matthew verse then? People who bring up that specific verse are usually in condemnation mode when they post it.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey. Let's just take a moment to distinguish between cannibals who kill to eat and cannibals who eat those who died of incidental causes, okay? Maybe the OP just wants to know if their recently departed mother can be put on the menu? Judge not, bigots.

In all seriousness, though, those dudes from Peru only ate their friends after the friends had already frozen/starved to death. Yes, I'm bringing this up partly just to satisfy my own dark sense of humor, but I also think eating someone who died of other causes for the sake of your own survival is substantially different from purposely killing and eating them. Still gross. Still disrespectful of the departed. Still wouldn't do it unless I had to. But not on the same moral plane.
I agree. It was the same with the Donner party in the 1840s crossing the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's because they are confused. They need further study, and don't know the gravity of what they are thinking. They are basically calling God an animal when you think about the scripture where God makes us in His image. We are not animals. Animals do not have "will." They are based of instinct not will.

How is calling humans animals the same as calling God an animal?

Animals have the will to live. They have distinct personalities. God has a plan for every animal's life and a place for every animal that lives. Humans are unique in their abilities to reason but other animals also are able to think logically. It is our superiority in reasoning, use of tools, intelligence, and abilities to love God and obey Him that separates us from all other animals.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not the best attitude to have, sorry to say. You should earnestly desire the best for the body of Christ, which you incidentally are a member thereof.

It's pretty widespread across all protestant denominations as well. Partaking of the Lord's supper, that is.

What made you bring up that Matthew verse then? People who bring up that specific verse are usually in condemnation mode when they post it.
First, neither is the attitude of attributing words to my posts that I never said.... but IF you want to believe thats a bad attitude, your business, my conscience is clear, because there is a huge difference between not caring, and realizing that we do not all have the same walk with Christ as another.

Some Jesus has called to be a foot, others a hand, it is not my business as a foot to tell the hand how it should operate. If that offends you, dont know what else to say.

Again, what others choose to practice in man made traditions is not my business... IF they practice witchcraft etc... I in love should warn of the dangers... HOWEVER if one follows Christ... it is not my place to argue in matters that have zero eternal consequences. (Such as if its okay to eat another human being..can have eternal consequences. IF the blood of Able cried out ro the Lord, do you see an asterisk saying it was okay IF he had eaten him?

How much then would the blood of those killed for food NOT be heard by the Lord?

There was no condemnation, it was to prove a point.... IF many come to Him and they are denied.....
Clearly the masses, even in Christianity, arent correct. The path is narrow after all and few find it.

If you see condemnation in that context, that is not my issue because there was zero condemnation there.

Upvote 0