Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You see the issues that can arise when people rely on their own study of words? The greater one perceived knowledge the greater the disagreement and the more attached we are to the wisdom we've gained.

There are no disagreement between two who walk after the spirit......and no personal attachment to wisdom revealed through grace.....

Knowing an ideal can lead to the presumption that one is doing it. That is, until one is exposed to how they need correction where they had no clue they were in error. That is a humbling and transforming moment.

His thoughts are not our thoughts.... many presume too quickly that they are.

His Word was given in the original languages for a purpose. For the gaining of knowledge from accurate teaching of what words meant in the original languages. Its really is privileged information. For one must be tested and one must suffer to mature into having a capacity for it. That only comes through enduring a season of suffering for righteousness sake. By not settling for the mainstream mediocre concepts that end up many times being contradictory.. yet accepted in the name of it being called "faith.".

Arrogance? No. Jesus warned that only a few out of the many who believe will find it. He said that many will seek the "broad and wide road." A road wide open to dogmatic speculations that one can choose from as to where they shall set up camp and dig in with their dogmatism.

God wants us to know His Word intimately. God will therefore provide. Provide only a few genuine teachers.

Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren,
knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment
.(Jas 3:1)

Yet? We will find many teachers in the church. They contradict one another in many ways. They can not all be led of the Spirit. But, most of them think they are. There's the rub. Which one should we listen to? Test the spirits! That only can be done by having an highly accurate translation. Most are not in the areas of contradiction.

Few would become teachers among us if all of us were truly led of the Spirit. Can we agree on that? Yet.... Many will end up teaching! Why? Following counterfeit spirits.

For the time will come when they will not endure/tolerate/put
up
with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they
will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what
their itching ears want to hear."
2 Tim 4:3​

No more James 3:1! We have a great number instead of a few. We see it everywhere today and in this forum as well.

Mention needing knowledge of the original languages to be taught, as to properly understand sound doctrine?

:| .... That's fine for you, if that is what you desire.

For the time will come when they will not endure/tolerate/put
up
with sound doctrine.

So be it. Those who hunger will find.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are no disagreement between two who walk after the spirit......and no personal attachment to wisdom revealed through grace.....

That principle was not directed to those who walk in ignorance. Many walk in agreement in errors that feel right to them.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That principle was not directed to those who walk in ignorance. Many walk in agreement in errors that feel right to them.
So you and the other poster disagree.....who is correct? Why should your words be considered truth?
You say to test spirits....yet you seem to be agitated when I did not say that you were right.....even we I also did not say you were wrong.

So should we test your words also, or are yours beyond testing...and testing is just for others words?

When people do not agree with you, is it because they do not endure sound doctrine? When two people disagree, is it because "Many walk in agreement in errors that feel right to them." ??

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
in the nT there is Peter with his vission of a sheet full of unclean animals being told they are ok to eat..
Look again. The next verse tells what God makes clean - heathen, pagan, gentiles - formerly not clean ....

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only context in which cannibalism is ever mentioned in Scripture it is in the context of it being a grotesque and inhuman act.

I would hope that we don't need an explicit "thou shalt not" in the Bible in order to avoid cannibalism. Rather, we should understand it to be abhorrent on the basis of what it is.

I can't think of many things more grotesque and wicked than killing and eating another person.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you and the other poster disagree.....who is correct? Why should your words be considered truth?

You have no need for a man to teach you that. If you did? You would have no need of the Holy Spirit.

No matter how contradictory believers may be? Almost all assume that the Spirit is telling them what they believe... If they are still naive they will. For we are warring against unscrupulous evil spiritual influences that infiltrate our thought process. The only way to be free of it is to seek with all your heart and endure while we wait for God to deliver unto us sound teaching to make us free of that insidious invisible slave master. Only the truth will make you free from such powers that want to control the entire world's thoughts.

When the Spirit guides us into all truth,,, at times we will be allowed to swallow false doctrine because at the time it seemed right to us. That is not the truth we are being led into by the Spirit. The big lesson to be learned will be if the Spirit is able to show us how deceivable and stupid we can be. THAT is a PRIDE wreaking ball! It demolishes the stronghold of our natural self confidence.

That is probably the hardest truth we must learn. Yet, its foundational if we are to ever truly Mature in the fullness of Christ.

The stubbornly proud will never grow out of that that phase and will dig in their heels in a religious zeal. Its why we see self confident, self righteous believers entering into a state of pseudo confidence.

Such ones often times come to a forum like this one so they can challenge and be tested to see how skilled they have become in defending their false doctrine. They are secretly seeking promotion. For, the cleverest and smartest ones? They will be promoted by the cosmic system in harming the body of Christ by influencing other half hearted believers away from sound doctrine.

You say to test spirits....yet you seem to be agitated when I did not say that you were right.....even we I also did not say you were wrong.

No, I am not agitated. Nor, would I probably tell you if I were! :holy:

Your conversation simply stimulated a thought. One that I posted about. It was an opening for me to present such truth.. That's all.

So should we test your words also, or are yours beyond testing...and testing is just for others words?

And, who, or what is stopping you? If you do not yet know what to say in return? Then I presented a challenge for you to do your own seeking and growing in knowledge of God's Word. Seeking to find a way to prove my words wrong, or correct. Can that be bad?

When people do not agree with you, is it because they do not endure sound doctrine?

Really? When someone is training another for combat they will expose the person's perceived weaknesses. Its not to make themselves look bigger and better than the one being trained. But, to show that person a need for better way to defend himself from a very real enemy who would not show such mercy. Good military trainers will do such a thing. Its not because they are mean. Most hard nosed drill sergeants love their troops. They want them to stay alive!

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against
the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Eph 6:12​

And, in that sense? We are all in God's army. Are we not? After all.. we are told to take up the shield of faith,put on the helmet of understanding our salvation.. and use the sword of the Spirit utilizing God's Word! The Word of God is sharper than any Roman soldier's military weapon. His short sword! There is a powerful military metaphor throughout the NT Scriptures to be found.

And? Like it or not? We are in a war for our thinking.

We can only genuinely know God's peace when we can fight off lies with proper understanding.

Yet.. Many times the enemy will produce a false peace in those who have fallen for false doctrine. He will back off and act defenseless as a means to keep those accepting the false feeling satisfied. In that way? These self contented ones can never grow to maturity. Maturing into the fullness of Christ is what threatens Satan's strong holds. "Keep em immature and happy", is Satan's motto. So? God sends in certain believers to "stir the pot" and the shake up the contentment ones who remain in ignorance of certain truths that the Word of God contains...

Like it, or not. :angel:

grace and peace....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only context in which cannibalism is ever mentioned in Scripture it is in the context of it being a grotesque and inhuman act.
-CryptoLutheran

Cannibalism is only mentioned in the Law as one of the agonies of punishment from the Lord. Punishment for God's people who were nationally and habitually unfaithful to God's Word.

The following passage happened to Jewish unbelievers and apostates during the Roman siege of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege,
you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the
Lord your God has given you. Even the most gentle and sensitive man
among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves
or his surviving children, and he will not give to one of them any of the
flesh of his children that he is eating.

It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on
you during the siege of all your cities. The most gentle and sensitive
woman among you—so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture
to touch the ground with the sole of her foot—will begrudge the husband
she loves and her own son or daughter the afterbirth from her womb
and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them
secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during
the siege of your cities."
Deut 28:50-57​

Never approved of! Cannibalism was punishment from God.

Just like the uncontrollable, burning homosexuality was a punishment from God to those blatantly rejecting and suppressing the knowledge that God that he clearly gave and used in his drawing of all men. Rom 1:18-28!

grace and peace...

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of the reasons i feel kind of squicky about Christianity is because of the cannibalism aspect. Communion rituals. The idea of pretending to eat jesus’ flesh and blood is revolting

I know your comment was from a while ago. This morning, I read a passage in Jeremiah I had not noticed before.

The context is King Zedekiah, knowing Nebuchadnezzar was going to conquer the city of Jerusalem, decides to "obey" God by making a covenant with the slave owners to release the Jews who were slaves. No doubt he thought that by doing this he would both gain favor with God and the morale of the "freed" Jews would be raised so they would fight alongside their king and hopefully push back Nebuchadnezzar's army.

As it turned out the Egyptian army that he had petitioned for help showed up and pushed Nebuchadnezzar back. Seeing what seemed like victory, Zedekiah reneged on his promise and put all the "freed" Jewish slaves back into bondage.

The promise made earlier was made as a solemn covenant in the Temple before God. God, through Jeremiah, says to Zedekiah:

Jer 34:18 And I will give the men that have transgressed my covenant, which have not performed the words of the covenant which they had made before me, when they cut the calf in twain, and passed between the parts thereof,

Adam Clark in his commentary on the Bible said this about the cutting of the calf in two then passing through the parts thereof.

4. The contracting parties entered this passage at each end, met in the middle, and there took the covenant oath; adjudging themselves to death should they break this covenant.
5. Then they both feasted on the victim.​

The eating of the sacrificed animal was the conclusion of the covenant ceremony. The Jews, of course, did not sacrifice humans, but pagans did and they followed a similar ceremony by eating the flesh of the sacrificed humans.

When Jesus said:

Joh_6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.​

The priesthood should have understood what he meant. He was alluding to the New Covenant he was going to make with Israel. And that the consummation of that covenant meant participating in his life which he was going to give up for the world.

Earlier he had said that he was the manna that came down from heaven (John 6:49-51) saying that this manna had to be eaten.

Joh_6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Joh_6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?​

Everyone who has the new birth understands that "eating" meant receiving the Holy Spirit into their hearts, which is the seal of the New Covenant. Communion is the expression of gratitude that the Holy Spirit has been "ingested", so to speak, into our hearts to remember that we have this covenant because of Christ's sacrifice of his own life.

Forgive me, Emmylou, for taking up your time, and you may not care, but this realization I had this morning, I just had to share with someone. Thank you for indulging me by reading my comment.

Reactions: GenemZ
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the reasons i feel kind of squicky about Christianity is because of the cannibalism aspect. Communion rituals. The idea of pretending to eat jesus’ flesh and blood is revolting
Were you brought up Catholic? They teach that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No. I was brought up vaguely Protestant.

Now, here we go! Jesus showed us the meaning behind "to eat his flesh", in the following passage.

But He said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.”
So the disciples were saying to one another, “No one brought Him
anything to eat, did he?” “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of
him who sent me and to finish his work." Jn 4:32-34

Jesus was stating that the food to eat in a spiritual way of thinking takes on a different meaning entirely!

Meaning? To eat His flesh? Was to do with doing the will of the Lord for your life!

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of
him who sent me and to finish his work."

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's going on here?

Is someone wanting to start the First Church of Hannibal Lecter?

26gvn2.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums