✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,
This is the most confusing site i've ever visited.
*for mods, if necessary, please move this thread to a pertinent forum*

The inquiry has to do with unfolding of the world events in accord to the bible prophecies

I wasn't born a Christian and I am not one yet but a little over 5 years ago I had an encounter with a Christian in new york city and it has been perplexing my mind 'almost every single day' since.

The guy turned out to be a retired biochemistry professor from Brown University. He apparently quit his research position and gave up all material things and said he now walks around in new york city and preaches to people Christianity and works with various religious organizations.

He walked me through his entire life, which was astoundingly well documented with photos, texts, etc. Places he has been to, myriad of events, the life changing moment, the cliche moment when in a hopeless, desperate situation he becomes a Christian, etc. Unimportant.

Now the thing that really did interest me.
In his suitcase he had a stack of hundreds of research papers (well over 1000 sheets) relating to his work at Brown and before that Harvard if i could remember well, documenting studied on proteins, and various organic compounds and _their influence on human behavior._

The guy claimed that he had very good evidence on how a particular family of organic compounds in our body gives rise to certain types of behavior and he went as far as claiming he had found compounds which are essential to cell division that bind to certain protein in the brain that supposedly gives rise to sinful behavior. Implying that every cell of our body is wired for sin and it's impossible to evict it.
I was 15 at the time, and couldn't really understand the details.

At some point he made a claim that towards the end of 2012, Israel will attack Iran, thereby starting the third world war (WWIII). The war is supposed to be the most brutal and longest in history which at the end will give rise to a world government encompassing entire globe and supposedly biblical prophecy says this.

My inquiry is this:
1) Is anyone familiar with those prophecies? What exactly do they say? Can you post any thorough articles, analysis of those texts so i can study it in detail.
2) Are views like this common among any Christian branches?
3) Are there any reliable online sources discussing any type of future online prophecies?

In any case, if the points are not clear, feel free to provide some reasonable input.

Thank you
I could offer you a link to some of my study notes from a few years ago. It is not based of the 7 year trib or rapture doctrines.
Scriptures - Google Drive
They all share a common theme, 'the key' might be the best starting place to see if you have come across something similar or not. Let me read up on posting articles for debate, until then this thread might work, your call. The day of the lord series is about 40 pages long, mostly references from the Bible.

Upvote 0

Wayne Gabler

Jan 26, 2020
Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
One doesn't need the Bible to figure out that World War 3 is at the doorstep. Just read the news:

A Fight Over Taiwan Could Go Nuclear | Foreign Affairs
Medvedev: NATO's involvement in Russia-Ukraine conflict brings risk of 'full-fledged nuclear war' | Fox News
Russia Warns of "Full-Fledged Nuclear War" Over Ukraine - 19FortyFive
Demand for bunkers soars as Russia raises spectre of nuclear war
Russia Ambassador to U.S. Says NATO Not Taking Nuclear War Threat Seriously

I guess you want the Bible to specifically say, World War III? It doesn't do that, but it mentions two wars that take out 1/4th and 1/3rd of the planet's population respectively.
Revelation promotes a 3 1/2 year period from when the 1st trump sounds until the two witnesses die. 3 1/2 days later they are resurrected, the 7 vials are poured out on the 'sinners' and the Re:2)'4 resurrection will have been completed in full. Welcome to day1 of the 1,000 year reign, tree of live in Eze:47 is the next stop, . . .
Any mention of Gog as being nations is a false doctrine, it is referencing the graveyard of the 200M angelic horsemen that Jesus turns into a river of blood.

Mal:4:5-6:
Behold,
I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,
and the heart of the children to their fathers,
lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Elijah would qualify as 1 of the 24 Elders in the Re:4 Temple and they will have thrones on earth by the end of the same day the two witnesses are resurrected. Before them will stand the while House of Israel, the Eze:37 group that is resurrected from the grave as the last event of the day the two witnesses, the ones that survive the first 6 trumps join them and the Church stops by once a year for a yearly feast of the tabernacles from Zec:14. The lessons being taught to the recently gathered by Jesus and the 24 Elders would be how Temple service goes in a world without sin. The 10 Commandments cover a world in sin, that is why Abel’s offering was accepted, the 1,000 years is when Cain’s offering will be accepted and it will remain that way in the new earth era. The law from Re:21 is the law that covers immortals. What people learn during the 1,000 years (no marriages so the population is a static population) means they remain alive when God sends all sinful immortals, like Satan and the remaining fallen angels, to the fiery lake.

Ezekiel:38 and the Gog war. Ezekiel:38 is for the 1,000 year reign and the 'battle' that comes when Satan and all remaining fallen angels in the Pit are released and joined by the ones whose bones are buried in a graveyard in Israel in Ezekiel:39.

The people that are there at the end of the chapter are the ones at the start of the chapter that complete the 7 year clean-up and the 7 months of gathering some bones and burying them in a special graveyard that has the name Gog attached to it. The bones belong to the 4 fallen angels that manifest into the 200M horsemen and it is by these being that the 12 Tribes are brought down to being just the 144,000. By the evening of the day Jesus returns and kills all sinners the whole House of Israel will be alive and standing in Israel.

If Gog does not exist until 7 years into the 1,000 year reign then they cannot be in a war at the start because part of the vials is the river of blood and that is the death of those angelic horsemen. There are a few clues in Eze:38 that it is the 1,000 years such as Jerusalem is an unwalled city during that time and it is only during that time that the people are living in safety for the first time. An earlier reference to Damascus being part of prophecy that you believe is happening either means you are working off materials somebody has handed you or you missed more than a passage or two of Scripture. The bones of men that dies as part of the return do not have their bones gathered and placed in the City of Gog.

Upvote 0

Wayne Gabler

Jan 26, 2020
Calgary
✟22,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You created ten times as many Al Qaeda fighters when you destroyed Iraq.
Saddam was 'NATO's boy' in that 8 year long war against Iran, after Iran bolted from being owned by Royal Dutch Shell in 1979. The Kuwait invasion was about slant drilling, it was a trap Saddam fell into. When you look at the ending, it is NATO that is acting like a terrorist gone wild:
Madeleine Albright - The deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth it for Iraq's non existent WMD's

When you look at the details behind the fall of the USSR it is NATO acting like a terrorist:
Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1992, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan. The mujahideen were also supported by Britain's MI6, who conducted separate covert actions. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups, including groups with jihadist ties, that were favored by the regime of Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq in neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Soviet-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan administration since before the Soviet intervention.[1]

Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken.[2] Funding officially began with $695,000 in mid-1979,[3] was increased dramatically to $20–$30 million per year in 1980, and rose to $630 million per year in 1987,[1][4][5] described as the "biggest bequest to any Third World insurgency".[6] The first CIA-supplied weapons were antique British Lee–Enfield rifles shipped out in December 1979; by September 1986 the program included U.S.-origin state of the art weaponry, such as FIM-92 Stinger surface-to-air missiles, some 2,300 of which were ultimately shipped into Afghanistan.[7] Funding continued (albeit reduced) after the 1989 Soviet withdrawal, as the mujahideen continued to battle the forces of President Mohammad Najibullah's army during the Afghan Civil War (1989–1992).[8]
Funding
See also: Reagan Doctrine
The U.S. offered two packages of economic assistance and military sales to support Pakistan's role in the war against the Soviet troops in Afghanistan. The first six-year assistance package (1981–87) amounted to US$3.2 billion, equally divided between economic assistance and military sales. The U.S. also sold 40 F-16 aircraft to Pakistan during 1983–87 at a cost of $1.2 billion outside the assistance package. The second six-year assistance package (1987–93) amounted to $4.2 billion. Out of this, $2.28 billion were allocated for economic assistance in the form of grants or loan that carried the interest rate of 2–3 per cent. The rest of the allocation ($1.74 billion) was in the form of credit for military purchases.[56] In total, the combined U.S., Saudi, and Chinese aid to the mujahideen is valued at between $6–12 billion.[57]

The mujahideen benefited from expanded foreign military support from the United States, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, United Kingdom and other Muslim nations. Saudi Arabia in particular agreed to match dollar for dollar the money the CIA was sending to the Mujahideen. When Saudi payments were late, Wilson and Avrakotos would fly to Saudi Arabia to persuade the monarchy to fulfil its commitments.[58]

Levels of support to the various Afghan factions varied. The ISI tended to favor vigorous Islamists like Hekmatyar's Hezb-e Islami Gulbuddin and Haqqani. Some Americans agreed.[58][59] However, others favored the relative moderates like Ahmed Shah Massoud. These included two Heritage Foundation foreign policy analysts, Michael Johns and James A. Phillips, both of whom championed Massoud as the Afghan resistance leader most worthy of US support under the Reagan Doctrine.[60][61][62]

Upvote 0