Biblical identity theft. How did they deal with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonteel

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
✟11,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=&quot]Identity theft, was it a problem in the time of Jesus? Yes, it was a massive problem. It seems that to communicate with different parts of the kingdom, kings had to send messages. These messages were a problem. They could be counterfeited. Yes, if you got a message, you had no way to know if it really came from the king. Apparently, there was money to be made in using the king’s name. For example, I have an authorization for the royal treasurer to release me 300,000 drachmas for services rendered to the kingdom. I just robbed the kingdom of a fortune.

How did they deal with it? I hope that you know, but if you don't, I will explain.

This actually has relevance today because God is still sending messages to the kingdom. Or, God is about to.
[/FONT]

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It has more relevance because the bible is filled with it. So many Americans think the New Testament was delivered whole from heaven, perfect in every way. That could not be further from the truth. The bible is just a selection of many, many writings that were floating around the Christian world at the time. It was picked by people who were really not working with all the details (compared to what we have today) and as such they selected more than a few books written by well intentioned forgers (who thought they could say what the apostles said better).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.