Monticello MN
✟8,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made. Genesis 2:3
After the Six days of Creation, God had rested on the 7th day, just as we are told about our Savior Jesus Christ. For Hebrews 4:3; 9-16 speaks clearly to the fact that Jesus Christ is the truest way to keep the 4th Commandment by entering into His Rest from the Law. When reading Colossians 2:16 we must remember that this passage speaks of all Sabbaths, weekly included as will as High Holy days.

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath Day. Matthew 12:8
Jesus states here that He is Lord of the Sabbath, just shortly after making the following declaration:
28) Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.
29) Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I Am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find REST unto your souls.
30) For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

In this passage, Jesus twice promises the believers will be given rest thru Him. And the second time in Matthew 11:29, He states that we shall find rest unto our souls. This is the same thing the writer of Hebrews refers to in Hebrews 4. Paul writes to the Galatians stating that we have become part of the Family of God by adoption, Galatians 4:4-7 but states in verses 8-11 of the same chapter that after these Christians became part of the family that wanted to go back to the weak and beggarly elements by obeying a calendar that was done away with by the Work of Christ on the Cross. Jesus Christ is where we as part of the Family of God find our Truest Spiritual Rest!

• Friendly
Reactions: Brighid
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Please, Baptist only.

SDAs are very good at using Scripture to justify their Sabbath observance. How would you as a Baptist use the Bible to prove Christians don't have to observe the Sabbath?

(I've asked this question on the Lutheran board, too, but I respect the biblicism of the Baptist tradition and wanted your thoughts on the matter)
The Church, especially the Gentiles, were NEVER given it to be observed bu Jesus or any Apostle!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Brighid,
re: "Every day is the Sabbath because we rest in Christ."

From what are you resting? What did you use to do that you no longer do?
Resting from trying to get accepted by God thru good works and own efforts!

Upvote 0