✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
In a supposed 20 million year old granite received a uranium thorium lead date 97 million years and a zircon dat of 1,483 million years
- r.r parish 1990 u-pb dating of monazite and its applications to geological problems Canadian journal of earth sciences 27 1431-1450
10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Turns granite ignorance into a lie about the ages of the inclusions (zircon) in granite.
For that matter, all we have is an YEC statement about a pay to view paper in a Gish gallop of YEC ignorance and lies. That statement may be more ignorance or lies.

10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A bit of "And what of the various ages given to the granite?" idiocy?
U–Pb dating of monazite and its application to geological problems does not have various dates for "the granite" in its abstract and implies it will look at rocks from different areas an thus different ages..

10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "many examples of the same rock being dated by various methods and producing different results" lie.
As explained several times, inclusions are different rocks in rock! The parent rock and inclusions need not have the same age.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
C5F63395-196E-4102-876C-5FF8A8CED0E6.jpeg
Tolkien you seen to think mountains form from soft sediments . This is what actually happens to rapidly occurring soft sediment folds . This is a seismite which occurs during earthquakes to soft sediments . And as you can see the sediment continued to form flat layers after the quake was over. As usual this is a screenshot ( sigh)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Not my area and is the reason i linked. They all use each other and are calibrated based on the standard of each other its circular reasoning. From Snellings layers of assumptions
10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Lies by quoting Snellings lies on the dating of tree growth rings.
Dendrochronology
Simply put, growth rings are dated by counting them :doh:!
Radiocarbon dating is not used to date growth rings.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Look like i am done as page 20 looks finished. Sorry I really lost interest the last week or so. I will be doing a future thread and this subject will be brought up once more as part of a larger topic.
Thanks for all of the YEC ignorance and lies, Tolkien R.R.J. I had seen a good part of it before and was appalled by the level of gullibility needed to believe in their obvious ignorance and lies. Now I am even more appalled, e.g. I had not seen the idiocy that inclusions in rocks have to be the same age as the parent rock before, the abysmal (literally - diamonds are formed hundreds of kilometers under the surface away from C14 in the atmospere) stupidity of C14 in diamonds, etc.

I will collect all of the obvious ignorance and lies into a list to be added to the future thread or any other thread containing YEC ignorance and lies.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
The thread has plenty of people citing the science that debunks the Gish gallop of ignorance and lies from YEC sites such as creation.com. So I will apologize for only listing my responses!

6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Please explain how say 400,000 dark layers in ice cores were deposited in the last 6000 years.
6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Explain how fossils of species that died out > 65 million years ago can contain soft tissue that is < 6000 years old?

A list of debunked decades ago young Earth creationist myths and lies, Tolkien R.R.J, in that and following posts. (general comments about how stupid the list is because it is debunked). Then we get:
  1. 3 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: You debunk a young Earth by citing a zircon date of 1,483 million years, monazite date of 97 million years and granite date of 20 million years!
  2. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: What are the other geological process that make "erosion rates of continents" into a lie (hint: Himalayas, Andes, the country of New Zealand).
  3. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: The YEC claim that the sea cannot contain its measured salt is unsupported and starts with a probable "maximum possible age of 62 million years""
  4. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: You cited a lie that astronomers consider spiral arms to be persistent physical features when that was discarded in 1926.
  5. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Did not understand the YEC lie about the sediment accumulation in oceans filling them up (ocean beds are not billions of years old).
  6. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Parrots an "overall decay" of the Earth's magnetic field lie (they cycle)
  7. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "based on faith" lie about the origins of comets.
  8. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "evolutionists" lie about the origins of comets
  9. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A lie that uniformitarianism means population growth is constant.
  10. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "peer reviewed evolutionist are in on this lie" lie and insult.
  11. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Replies to working science with articles containing delusions and lies from creation.com
  12. 6 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "variation in dating methods when applied to the same rock...falsies that first assumption in radiometric dating." lie
  13. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Parrots a YEC delusion that continent only erode and the North American continent is about 10 million years old.
  14. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Parrots a YEC delusion about the recession of the Moon from the Earth.
  15. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: An ignorant demand to not read a source containing and citing science (TalkOrigins).
    8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: An stupid and irrelevant Yahoo search for spiral galaxies that produces images of spiral galaxies
  16. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "religious faith on an old Earth" lie.
    8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "Thus you support my argument" lie about soft dinosaur tissue.
  17. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Repeats the lie that carbon-14 is found in fossils and adds a lie about "billions of years"
  18. 8 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "Carbon-14 is found in ancient samples including diamonds" lie.
  19. 9 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Lies with a deluded, lying "Are the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets old?" creation.com article.
  20. 9 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Lies with a lying "The lost squadron" creation.com article.
  21. 9 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Lies with a lying "Do Ice Cores Show Many Tens of Thousands of Years?" answersingenesis.org article.
  22. 10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: A "14C Evidence for a Recent Global Flood and a Young Earth" reference lie.
  23. 10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Repeats the lie about the age of diamonds (they are measured to be billion of years old) and argument by insult.
  24. 10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Turns granite ignorance into a lie about the ages of the inclusions (zircon) in granite.
  25. 10 August 2018 Tolkien R.R.J: Lies by quoting Snellings lies on the dating of tree growth rings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes i am saying c-14 has been found in diamonds and fossils millions of years old. I gave the other references here is some for diamonds.

J. R. Baumgardner, “14C Evidence for a Recent Global Flood and a Young Earth,” in Radioisotopes and the Age of the Earth: Results of a Young-Earth Creationist Research Initiative, eds. L. Vardiman, A. A. Snelling, and E. F. Chaffin (El Cajon, California: Institute for Creation Research, and Chino Valley, Arizona: Creation Research Society, 2005), pp. 587–630.

Now you are changing your source from an actual scientific research paper, to some random creation research paper.

Could it be that you now realize that your original source said nothing about C-14 being found in samples that were millions of years old?

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have since the beginning misunderstood 90% of my arguments and this is not a surprise as you showed recently, you have yet to read my op.

You cant explain why your formation needs millions of years as has been show and thus i have nothing to respond to. It was based on your false assumptions of the floods ability to produce hard rocks and your false assumptions from old earth training. That is why despite being asked multiple times, you wont point to anything in your formation that needs long time to form since it is built on assumptions and not observation. Further i linked you to an article from a flood geologist exspaling it in layman's terms as you are well aware.

I said c-14 has been found in diamonds that should have long ago decayed away if they were as old as the evolutionist believe.

The problem with this is it is true. Sources have been provided above.

I have heard evolutionist geologist call inclusion contamination in pert review. So dont get to excited about my choice of words. Had one read my op it would be clear what i meant by contamination. Wrong choice of words? ok maybe, i can accept that. To a lay audience, i dont think its a big deal especially had they read my op unlike you who chose to not do that.

only hundreds of thousands of years.

That is why I said the argument applied to those areas that folded while wet with multiple examples when you asked for them.
cleardot.gif

I've understood your arguments perfectly well. The truth is that you have no idea what you are talking about, and are incapable of actually making an argument to begin with.

You are avoiding responding about the angular unconformity because you are unable to explain how such a formation could form in anything less than millions of years. Thats the bottom line. Regardless of what I have to say about it, you are purely incapable of rationalizing this feature with your beliefs and what I have to say about it, is irrelevant to whether or not you have the ability to explain it through your beliefs. But the fact is, you cant explain the feature, so you are avoiding even attempting such.

You said C-14 was found in diamonds and fossils and you sourced and article that said nothing of the like. Now you are trying to change your source to some random creation article.

And im not going to waste my time reading random creation articles. These guys have no idea what they are talking about, and neither do you. And this is blatantly apparent.

You dont have a response for the polystrate fossils either. The whole point of the young earth argument is to suggest that they span long periods of time, however they dont. So it becomes irrelevant. There is nothing you have said regarding this topic that actually suggests that these fossils are defying an old earth by existing.

Lastly, you posted pictures of formations, claiming they were folded while wet, but i showed you figures from research papers in which these same formations were faulted. So obviously they were not folded while wet, else they would not have propagating faults perpendicular to the direction of tectonic motion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know, only an issue for evolutionist. So no depistion or erosion or any sighs of millions of years and you see no issue? at best the millions of years is based on pure fantasy, at least creationist stick to the rocks and observation.

“A puzzling characteristic of the erathem boundaries and of other major stratigraphic boundaries is the general lack of physical evidence of subaerial exposure. Traces of deep leaching, scour, channeling, and residual gravels tend to be lacking, even when the underlying rocks are cherty limestones … these boundaries are paraconformities that are identifiable only by paleontological evidence.”-paleontologist Norman Newell -Newell, N.D., Mass extinction: unique or recurrent causes? in: Berggren, W.A., Van Couvering, J.A., (Eds.), Catastrophes and Earth History: The New Uniformitarianism, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, pp. 115–127

Name a paraconformity and lets take a look at it then.

These features are present along bedding planes, which themselves are erosional surfaces, else they wouldnt be bedding planes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In a supposed 20 million year old granite received a uranium thorium lead date 97 million years and a zircon dat of 1,483 million years
- r.r parish 1990 u-pb dating of monazite and its applications to geological problems Canadian journal of earth sciences 27 1431-1450

And what of the various ages given to the granite? I am not sure how you are getting this. If the zircon is dated at that age what of the other two methods? This is what happens and often, I gave many examples of the same rock being dated by various methods and producing different results. Had you read my op you would have known that.
cleardot.gif

Where in this research paper do you see anything about a granite being dated to 97 million years? Do you have a page number or a paragraph?

I can already see this turning out just like your carbon 14 in diamonds source, where you arent even basing your understanding of the topic off of what the research article actually says.

The article isnt even about discrepancies in dating granite.

Right there in the introduction you have discussion about the accuracy of methods described

"Only the two isotopically coupled U-Pb chronometers, 235~-207Pb and 238~-206~b have the analytical potential to resolve detailed events with high precision throughout the Earth's history. Though zircon has been the favored mineral for precise age determination, monazite U-Pb geochronology is an established but underutilized tool which can complement the more familiar U-Pb zircon method.

The objective of this paper is to provide a detailed outline of the types of U-Pb behavior in monazite, using natural examples, and to show the power and importance of this mineral in unraveling age relations of geologic, metamorphic, and thermal events."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where in this research paper do you see anything about a granite being dated to 97 million years? Do you have a page number or a paragraph?

I can already see this turning out just like your carbon 14 in diamonds source, where you arent even basing your understanding of the topic off of what the research article actually says.

The article isnt even about discrepancies in dating granite.

Right there in the introduction you have discussion about the accuracy of methods described

"Only the two isotopically coupled U-Pb chronometers, 235~-207Pb and 238~-206~b have the analytical potential to resolve detailed events with high precision throughout the Earth's history. Though zircon has been the favored mineral for precise age determination, monazite U-Pb geochronology is an established but underutilized tool which can complement the more familiar U-Pb zircon method.

The objective of this paper is to provide a detailed outline of the types of U-Pb behavior in monazite, using natural examples, and to show the power and importance of this mineral in unraveling age relations of geologic, metamorphic, and thermal events."

Out of curiosity, how do they date the matrix rock as opposed to the inclusions like zircons and monazite? It was my understanding that they need to test something with a crystal lattice which both traps decay byproduct and excludes parent isotopes.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 237426 Tolkien you seen to think mountains form from soft sediments . This is what actually happens to rapidly occurring soft sediment folds . This is a seismite which occurs during earthquakes to soft sediments . And as you can see the sediment continued to form flat layers after the quake was over. As usual this is a screenshot ( sigh)

This is great, thank you for posting this.

Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-paleontologist Norman Newell -Newell, N.D., Mass extinction: unique or recurrent causes? in: Berggren, W.A., Van Couvering, J.A., (Eds.), Catastrophes and Earth History: The New Uniformitarianism, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, pp. 115–127

And here it is again with the dishonesty. You keep doing this. These articles are not even about the subject matter that you suggest they are.

And heres a fun one,

"it is not surprising that in numerous instances there is evidence of some minor erosion at these gaps....Rarely at planar surfaces, there is some evidence of deeper erosion, sometimes even several hundred meters of erosion"

"So no depistion or erosion or any sighs of millions of years" ~Tolkein R.R.J.

Whoops, it looks like your words are contradictory to your own unpublished young earth creationist, quote mining source.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Out of curiosity, how do they date the matrix rock as opposed to the inclusions like zircons and monazite? It was my understanding that they need to test something with a crystal lattice which both traps decay byproduct and excludes parent isotopes.

I believe you are correct there, I misspoke earlier in my post regarding the dating of homogenous rocks. There would need to be a crystal lattice in play for the reasons you have mentioned. Please pardon my wordings or statements that appear to run contrary to this.

I have the article in question up on my computer now. I dont see anything in there that suggests that something was dated to various ages in which there was no real understanding of why. I see a paragraph that i will quote here,

"In an important study of Miocene leucogranitic rocks of the Himalayas, Schiirer (1984) documented reverse discordance where monazite analyses plotted above concordia. These monazites had strongly negative (future) 207~b/206~b ages, some being as low as -400 Ma. This type of isotopic behavior in monazite has since been documented in a number of other instances including rocks older than 150 Ma (Fig. 3) (Schiirer et al. 1986; Parrish and Armstrong 1987; Parrish et al. 1988), and it seems to be a common feature. The best explanation for this behavior is that of Schiirer (1984), who, following a line of reasoning developed earlier by Mattinson (1973), suggested that monazite, a Th-bearing mineral, incorporates significant amounts of relatively shortlived 23@Th into its structure upon crystallization. 23?h is an intermediate daughter in the 238U decay chain, with a half-life of 75 200 years, which decays to 206~b. Because of the large amounts of Th incorporated into monazite, large numbers of atoms of initially incorporated 23@Th decay to 206~b, SO a closed U-Pb system would produce a 206~b/238~ ratio that plots above concordia. Mattinson (1973) and Schiirer (1984) pointed out that in contrast with monazite, minerals that have very low TWU, such as zircon, baddeleyite, or xenotime, will show a deficit of 206~b."

This is about all i could gather that Tolkein was referring to. But right there in the same section you have multiple sourced research papers discussing the practice.

Its not like some researchers published something and came to the conclusion that they had no idea what they were doing. Rather the research paper really just demonstrates an understanding of the science behind this particular form of dating, what to look out for, and how to keep accuracy and precision in the methods. And it also describes how the discordance was visibly apparent in the results, which ultimately allowed researchers to dig deeper into the situation to understand why the discordance was present. Its not like people were just completely blind and just pumping out conflicting data without any awareness as to what was going on. Rather people were...really just being scientists and uncovering the nuances of U-Pb and U-Th dating.

The institute of creation research has this article:
http://www.icr.org/article/dubious-radiogenic-places-u-th-pb-mineral-dating-d/

Which states : "While monazite grains can yield negative "ages," such as -97 Ma in a 20 Ma Himalayan granite that also contains zircons yielding "ages" up to 1483 Ma.24"

But again, this is irrelevant because the article is describing how precision is acquired through dating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be like, someone writing a research paper on how to hit a baseball. If you swing too soon you will miss. If you swing too late, you might end up hitting a foul ball.

Then some heckler comes along and says "look! theyre describing how they swung too soon and hit a foul ball".

But, the heckler misses the purpose in the discussion, in that the discussion actually demonstrates knowledge of the practice and is describing how to swing accurately (and in that it is also describing how to swing inaccurately to inform the reader).

But ultimately as I noted before,

The authors see the value in practical application of these dating methods, and that is what the paper is ultimately centered around describing.

Yet again its just young earth creationists quote mining, taking things out of context and being dishonest. Just like with the C14 dating discussion that tolkein presented. He misquoted a paper, he lied about its conclusions, he then proceeded to act like he meant to quote a different paper when he realized he was wrong. Rather than just admitting that he didnt know what he was talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
oh and @Tolkien R.R.J if you want to see why the earth is old, just go over the old earth geology part 1 link in my signature. Feel free to comment, i would love to hear your explanation of how the described features can form in perhaps just a few years via a giant flood.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe you are correct there, I misspoke earlier in my post regarding the dating of homogenous rocks. There would need to be a crystal lattice in play for the reasons you have mentioned. Please pardon my wordings or statements that appear to run contrary to this.

I have the article in question up on my computer now. I dont see anything in there that suggests that something was dated to various ages in which there was no real understanding of why. I see a paragraph that i will quote here,

"In an important study of Miocene leucogranitic rocks of the Himalayas, Schiirer (1984) documented reverse discordance where monazite analyses plotted above concordia. These monazites had strongly negative (future) 207~b/206~b ages, some being as low as -400 Ma. This type of isotopic behavior in monazite has since been documented in a number of other instances including rocks older than 150 Ma (Fig. 3) (Schiirer et al. 1986; Parrish and Armstrong 1987; Parrish et al. 1988), and it seems to be a common feature. The best explanation for this behavior is that of Schiirer (1984), who, following a line of reasoning developed earlier by Mattinson (1973), suggested that monazite, a Th-bearing mineral, incorporates significant amounts of relatively shortlived 23@Th into its structure upon crystallization. 23?h is an intermediate daughter in the 238U decay chain, with a half-life of 75 200 years, which decays to 206~b. Because of the large amounts of Th incorporated into monazite, large numbers of atoms of initially incorporated 23@Th decay to 206~b, SO a closed U-Pb system would produce a 206~b/238~ ratio that plots above concordia. Mattinson (1973) and Schiirer (1984) pointed out that in contrast with monazite, minerals that have very low TWU, such as zircon, baddeleyite, or xenotime, will show a deficit of 206~b."

This is about all i could gather that Tolkein was referring to. But right there in the same section you have multiple sourced research papers discussing the practice.

Its not like some researchers published something and came to the conclusion that they had no idea what they were doing. Rather the research paper really just demonstrates an understanding of the science behind this particular form of dating, what to look out for, and how to keep accuracy and precision in the methods. And it also describes how the discordance was visibly apparent in the results, which ultimately allowed researchers to dig deeper into the situation to understand why the discordance was present. Its not like people were just completely blind and just pumping out conflicting data without any awareness as to what was going on. Rather people were...really just being scientists and uncovering the nuances of U-Pb and U-Th dating.

The institute of creation research has this article:
http://www.icr.org/article/dubious-radiogenic-places-u-th-pb-mineral-dating-d/

Which states : "While monazite grains can yield negative "ages," such as -97 Ma in a 20 Ma Himalayan granite that also contains zircons yielding "ages" up to 1483 Ma.24"

But again, this is irrelevant because the article is describing how precision is acquired through dating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be like, someone writing a research paper on how to hit a baseball. If you swing too soon you will miss. If you swing too late, you might end up hitting a foul ball.

Then some heckler comes along and says "look! theyre describing how they swung too soon and hit a foul ball".

But, the heckler misses the purpose in the discussion, in that the discussion actually demonstrates knowledge of the practice and is describing how to swing accurately (and in that it is also describing how to swing inaccurately to inform the reader).

But ultimately as I noted before,

The authors see the value in practical application of these dating methods, and that is what the paper is ultimately centered around describing.

Yet again its just young earth creationists quote mining, taking things out of context and being dishonest. Just like with the C14 dating discussion that tolkein presented. He misquoted a paper, he lied about its conclusions, he then proceeded to act like he meant to quote a different paper when he realized he was wrong. Rather than just admitting that he didnt know what he was talking about.

No worries. I completely agree with you. Just thought there may have been a method I wasn't aware of.

Upvote 0