• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Stop slandering each other. Those who slander and judge other believers slander and judge God’s laws. If you judge God’s teachings, you are no longer following them. Instead, you are judging them.
James 4
God's Word Translation

(this is a really tricky verse to translate, looks like)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟78,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 Samuel 16:6-7 AMP

So it happened, when they had come, he looked at Eliab [the eldest son] and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed is before Him.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟226,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1 Samuel 16:6-7 AMP

So it happened, when they had come, he looked at Eliab [the eldest son] and thought, “Surely the Lord’s anointed is before Him.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
I flipped to a random page the other day & it was that one. I had forgotten about that. So I've been thinking of it too. Thanks for sharing.

My book is discussing some people think Paul's eye condition was so bad gunk oozed from his eyes. There's a big section in 2 Corinthians how people rejected him b/c he wasn't the best speaker, & he says the same one who's writing these powerful letters is the same person speaking.

I can't remember how David is described.

Jesus is described as nothing that would attract us to him physical-wise in one of the prophets. When he's drawn physical-wise looking pretty good, that's not how I picture him.

Upvote 0