• NIRV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NASB

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • The Message

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I use the KJB (King James Bible Cambridge Edition circa 1900) as my primary Bible and I like to use the AMP, AMPC, and NLT to help compare it with what the KJB is saying.

The King James Bible Cambridge Edition is the standard KJB available at Biblehub.com (Provided by Bible Protector).

• Informative
Reactions: JM and Hank77
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read two translations each year with the KJV always being the main Bible. Last year I use the NKJV. In 2022 I was going to use either the ESV or the CSB. Any reasons to prefer one over the other?

I prefer the King James Bible as my main Bible because I believe it is the pure Word of God (or at the very least it is the most purest Word we can have in the English language).

I list 30 reasons for the King James Bible here at CF.

While I read from Modern Bibles and even quote from them, they are not my final Word of authority. One major reason is because they are slightly tainted by the Vatican (Which would bring it to 31 reasons for the King James Bible).

Unlike the KJB (which comes from the Textus Receptus), most of all your Modern Bibles comes from the Critical Text.

This constantly changing Critical Greek Text is under the direct supervision of the Vatican (i.e. the Catholic Church). They come right out and tell you this. They aren't even trying to hide it. Here is a photo of page 45 from right out of the Nestle-Aland 27th edition (i.e. the Critical Text).

full

Source:
The KJB Only versus the Latin Vulgate Only Argument by: Another King James Bible Believer

But Guess which Bible the Roman Catholic Church does NOT want you to read -

full

Source:
Undeniable Proof the ESV, NIV, NASB, Holman Standard, NET, Jehovah Witness NWT etc. are the new "Vatican Versions" by: Another King James Bible Believer

Note: I am aware this forbidden book of the Catholic church is an older version, and they have updated it. But the point here is that at one time, they considered the KJB to be a forbidden book.

Very interesting.

Side Note:

Oh, and yes, I know about Erasmus, but he was not exactly in agreement with many Catholic doctrines, and he was later rejected by the Catholic church and he died among his Protestant friends.

To learn more about Erasmus, check out this article here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KJV was the Bible that I knew for about 34 years until I attended grad school. My first Greek professor was Roger Omanson one of the translators on the original NIV translation committee.
Also I have served in Korean language churches for over 40 years and the archaic language of the KJV is almost unintelligible for those whose native language is not English. So I must use a Bible that they understand. I also use the KJV, NET, Greek NT and Hebrew OT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Feel free to share.

Let me rephrade that as I have the Bible sitting in front of me to start my New Year Bible plan.

It is the NRSV Catholic Edition with Anglicized text.

I also have other Bibles, the NIV, NKLV, and even a KJV. There are various types, like a straight NKJV and then an NKJV Chronological Study Bible, an NIV Men's Devotional Bible, and The Word on Fire Gospels edition (not a full Bible). They are releasing a Word on Fire Edition Bible to make a complete set. It too is a Catholic Bible.

I may use the Word on Fire Gospels to read the Gospels only along with my reading plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Eugene Nida's classification of formal equivalence vs dynamic equivalence translation is useful. But translations fall on a spectrum as the chart shows. A third category that should be distinguished is paraphrase Bibles, which are not translations but rather readings into the text.

I read two translations each year with the KJV always being the main Bible. Last year I use the NKJV. In 2022 I was going to use either the ESV or the CSB. Any reasons to prefer one over the other?
I've experimented with the CSB© 2017 and find it to be quite appealing. It is classified as being more literal than HCSB, NRSV, and NIV and less literal than NASB, NKJV, and ESV. I think CSB is ideally positioned among formal equivalence translations and is quite readable.

1cy01g3rocq51.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which one do you use? Just curious.

I voted for the NKJV because at Mass we use that but I use all different like the NRSV, GNT, and my favorite the Action Bible :). I love collecting Bibles I have many and I have a lot of favorites :)

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I voted for the NKJV because at Mass we use that but I use all different like the NRSV, GNT, and my favorite the Action Bible :). I love collecting Bibles I have many and I have a lot of favorites :)
NKJV at Mass?

Upvote 0