Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
2/ What were the 10 Commandments ?
3/ What were the 10 plagues of Egypt ?
4/ What was the first miracle by Jesus ?
5/ What was the name of the first king of Israel ?
6/ Which prophet annointed the first king of Israel ?
7/ Which army in the Bible was destroyed by a thunderstorm ?
8/ Why did the kingdom of Israel split into two separate countries ?

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Answer to Question 1

Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him

Mark 10 verse 17

The names are mentioned again in Lukes Gospel with one change.
Instead of Lebbaeus whose surname was Thaddaeus the list says:-
Judas the brother of James.

Luke 6 verse 16

This is quite a difficult question. I have been trying to memorise the names of the twelve disciples for years.

I just tried it again and could only remember 11.
The fact that the two lists are not the same also makes it harder.

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Answer to Question 2

The 10 Commandments
  1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
  2. You shall not make idols.
  3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
  4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father and your mother.
  6. You shall not murder.
  7. You shall not commit adultery.
  8. You shall not steal.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  10. You shall not covet
Exodus Chapter 20

• Agree
Reactions: Jay1971
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
12/ What are the 7 Seal judgments of Revelation?
13/ What are the 7 Trumpet judgments of Revelation?
14/ What are the 7 Bowl/Vial judgments of Revelation?

Good questions dysert your question, 12 took me a bit of research.

Answer to question number 12 above the 7 Seal Judgements

The first four of the seven seals are known as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

The first seal introduces the Antichrist (Revelation 6:1-2).
The second seal causes great warfare (Revelation 6:3-4).
The third of the seven seals causes famine (Revelation 6:5-6).
The fourth seal brings about plague, further famine, and further warfare (Revelation 6:7-8).

The fifth seal tells us of those who will be martyred for their faith in Christ during the end times (
Revelation 6:9-11). God hears their cries for justice and will deliver it in His timing—in the form of the sixth seal, along with the trumpet and bowl judgments.

When the sixth of the seven seals is broken, a devastating earthquake occurs, causing massive upheaval and terrible devastation—along with unusual astronomical phenomena (Revelation 6:12-14). Those who survive are right to cry out, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” (Revelation 6:16-17).

The seven trumpets are described in Revelation 8:6-13. The seven trumpets are the “contents” of the seventh seal (Revelation 8:1-5).

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Dysert here is the answer to Question 13

13/ What are the 7 Trumpet judgments of Revelation

Revelation 8:7
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']1/ When the first angel blew his trumpet, once again hail and fire fell upon Earth [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']
Rev. 8:8-9
2/ Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea

Rev. 8:10-11
3/ Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch

Rev. 8:12
4/ Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars

Rev. 8:13
5/ And I looked, and I heard an eagle flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, ’Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!’”
[/FONT]
Rev. 9:1-12
5/ Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.

Rev. 9:13-16
6/ Then the sixth angel sounded: And I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, ’Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates’. So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

7/ The sounding of the "SEVENTH TRUMPET" includes all that happens down to chapter 20:3. When it sounded John heard "Great Voices" in Heaven saying--"THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD, AND OF HIS CHRIST; AND HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER AND EVER."

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Dysert here is the Answer to Question 14

14/ What are the 7 Bowl/Vial judgments of Revelation

The Seven bowls are a set of plagues mentioned in Revelation 16.

They are recorded as apocalyptic events that were seen in the vision of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, by John of Patmos. Seven angels are thus given seven bowls of God's wrath, each consisting of judgements full of the wrath of God These seven bowls of God's wrath are poured out on the wicked and the followers of the Antichrist after the sounding of the seven trumpets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Dysert thank you for your Bible question.

Can we move away from Revelation now as even the experts struggle to get the full meaning of the Book of Revelation ?

And I am no expert. I have had no formal training in the teachings of the Bible. But Jesus has made the gospel message very simple for us. Jesus say we are to come to him as a little child.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dysert thank you for your Bible question.

Can we move away from Revelation now as even the experts struggle to get the full meaning of the Book of Revelation ?

And I am no expert. I have had no formal training in the teachings of the Bible. But Jesus has made the gospel message very simple for us. Jesus say we are to come to him as a little child.
I'm game to move away from Revelation. They just happened to be the first questions that popped into my head (I've been a teacher of Revelation for most of my life).

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm game to move away from Revelation. They just happened to be the first questions that popped into my head (I've been a teacher of Revelation for most of my life).

Dysert

I have read the Book of Revelation and I freely admit that I found it very hard to understand.

Now compare that to the four Gospels. The four gospels are completely straight forward.

Reactions: YESLORDIWILL
Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
9/ What were the names of the two kings when Israel split into two kingdoms ?
10/ What were the names of Noah's three sons ?
11/ What did Jesus say to the woman at the well ?

Here is the Answer to Question 9

Israel split into two kingdoms Jeroboam became king of the northern part called the Kingdom of Israel.

Rehoboam then only remained king of the southern part which was called Kingdom of Judah.

Upvote 0

agamemnonoftroy

Jul 25, 2014
✟10,126.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
2/ What were the 10 Commandments ?
3/ What were the 10 plagues of Egypt ?
4/ What was the first miracle by Jesus ?
5/ What was the name of the first king of Israel ?
6/ Which prophet annointed the first king of Israel ?
7/ Which army in the Bible was destroyed by a thunderstorm ?

Here is the answer to Question 8

Jeroboam and the people rebelled, with the ten northern tribes breaking away and forming a separate kingdom. The new breakaway kingdom continued to be called Kingdom of Israel, and was also known as Samaria, or Ephraim or the northern Kingdom. The realm Rehoboam was left with was called Kingdom of Judah.

The assembly for the coronation of Solomon's successor, Rehoboam, was called at Shechem, the one sacredly historic city within the territory of the Ten Tribes. Before the coronation took place the assembly requested certain reforms in the policy followed by Rehoboam's father, Solomon. The reforms requested would materially reduce the royal exchequer and hence its power to continue the magnificence of Solomon's court. The older men counseled Rehoboam at least to speak to the people in a civil manner (it is not clear whether they counseled him to accept the demands). However, the new king sought the advice from the people he had grown up with, who advised the king to show no weakness to the people, and to tax them even more, which Rehoboam did. He proclaimed to the people,
"Whereas my father laid upon you a heavy yoke, so shall I add tenfold thereto. Whereas my father chastised (tortured) you with whips, so shall I chastise you with scorpions. For my littlest finger is thicker than my father's loins; and your backs, which bent like reeds at my father's touch, shall break like straws at my own touch."

Reason for the Revolt
Reason for the Revolt of the 10 norther tribes was Rehoboam's promise of heavy taxes and the promise of harsh treatment in the future. The 10 tribes in the north had historically always worked together. The tribe of Judah in the south had historically been semi independent.

I Kings Chapter 12 verse 20

Upvote 0