Bible on Moon: Why Devout Christians Were Completely Responsible For Apollo 11's Success

ronlion

Dec 23, 2013
✟47,801.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Saturn V rocket which took the first people to the Moon was invented by the devout Christian Werner Von Braun(Hansen.2005).
The laws of physics and chemistry needed to enable the technology to go to the Moon were discovered by the devout Christian physicists Robert Boyle(founder of chemistry too), Johannes Kepler, Sir Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday,and James Clerk Maxwell(*Maxwell is the founder of the modern era of physics according to Einstein; Maxwell was also a Christian apologist who debated Charles Darwin; Maxwell is considered among greatest scientists in history, along with Newton and Einstein[but Einstein used the mathematics of the devout Christian, Bernhard Riemann, for his General Relativity.]Please see the article about Maxwell's faith, from the top technology university,MIT:James Clerk Maxwell and the Christian Proposition

As you know, Apollo 11(Apollo 11 is the American space mission that was the first to land humans on the Moon[*I am just saying this for the youth reading across the world]) astronaut Buzz Aldrin took the Bible verse John 15:5 on an index card and quietly read those immortal words of Jesus Christ shortly after they landed on the Moon on July 20, 1969. He then took communion. Buzz Aldrin said that it is interesting that the very first food and drink consumed on the Moon was the symbolic{if you are Catholic please ignore me saying "symbolic"} blood and body of our God, Jesus Christ, in communion.
Apollo 11: When Buzz Aldrin Took Communion on the Moon

I had the opportunity to speak to a widow of a NASA engineer from the Apollo era, who told me many of the engineers, including her late hubby, and other astronauts were devout Christians.
NASA personnel and their families, had Christian prayer groups praying for the Apollo 11 astronauts. Apollo 11 was not just the first successful manned landing on the Moon- it was also the "first ever attempt" to land humans on the Moon. Everyone knows that literally a million things could have gone wrong. It was clearly our Lord Jesus who answered those NASA group prayers and safely led them to the Moon and back home. Apollo 11 was truly a mission you could see the supernatural power of God at work.

About 12 full Bibles on microfilm were taken to the Moon in the Apollo missions.
Sweet, wonderful people of all colors in America, and all the nations of the world, please believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and God. I humbly in great love tell you that Jesus is the only Way you can be happy in this life and to receive everlasting life in heaven. I want to see you my dear brothers and sister of all colors, in heaven!:amen:

-Why don't the media/news mention the clearly Christian contributions to Apollo 11?
-Why don't teachers mention at least some of them?
-Is it ridiculous to the point of being ahistorical for them to leave out the Christian nature of Apollo 11?
I would greatly appreciate any type of reply. Thank you all for reading my post.
-

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's really fascinating. Flies in the face of all the people today who say Christianity and science aren't compatible. It's also interesting to note how long it's taken us to get to Mars despite wanting to for decades. Not saying that's related to a lack of Christians behind the endeavor. I know it's an even bigger jump and much farther away, but... I don't know. It's just interesting. So many kids have grown up wanting to be the first person on Mars and it has yet to happen.

I don't think a lack of Christianity immediately affects the quality of our technology, but I do think a progressive downward spiral begins when you see the universe as just part of a chaotic system and humans as nothing more than intelligent animals who evolved from some lesser life form over millions of years. Where is the joy in exploring science if the desire to know God better isn't behind it? It becomes a tool for manipulation and financial gain and unethical experiments that hurt both humans and animals. Not to mention that many without the Holy Spirit will have much less work ethics if it doesn't seem to be gaining them what they had hoped for personally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was clearly our Lord Jesus who answered those NASA group prayers and safely led them to the Moon and back home. Apollo 11 was truly a mission you could see the supernatural power of God at work.

I think you have a point, but are stretching it a bit. Sure, I can believe that the Christian worldview played some kind of a role in this achievement. But surely one could equally argue that many of the contributors were secular humanists whose commitment to reason and science played a significant part.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That's really fascinating. Flies in the face of all the people today who say Christianity and science aren't compatible.
They aren't unless your idea of the Bible makes them incompatible. Aldrin was a member of a PCUSA church. It ordained the first female elder in its synod, in 1931.

Upvote 0