California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Scientific beliefs are evidence based by definition. If your belief is not evidence based it cannot be scientific.

What does a belief that is not evidence based even look like? Hypotheses are based on imagination, and what can be imagined outside of what already exists...who conjures up something completely unheard of. Everything you could imagine has to be a spin off of something existing...so,in this way,there is evidence...especially when we form dogmas around it, that will make it so.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What does a belief that is not evidence based even look like? Hypotheses are based on imagination, and what can be imagined outside of what already exists...who conjures up something completely unheard of. Everything you could imagine has to be a spin off of something existing...so,in this way,there is evidence...especially when we form dogmas around it, that will make it so.
I like to use the term "reliable evidence" and for an example look at your own beliefs.

And no, hypotheses are not "based on imagination". Clearly you do not understand the scientific method. Perhaps we should discuss that first.

Lastly dogma is you sin. That is not a sin of science. The way to "fame and fortune" in the sciences is to show an error in a current theory. That does not happen very often at all these days.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I like to use the term "reliable evidence" and for an example look at your own beliefs.

And no, hypotheses are not "based on imagination". Clearly you do not understand the scientific method. Perhaps we should discuss that first.

Lastly dogma is you sin. That is not a sin of science. The way to "fame and fortune" in the sciences is to show an error in a current theory. That does not happen very often at all these days.

Which paradigm?

*Well then I've been doing science my whole life, as I've tested the validity of the Bible, as well as, thousands upon thousands of others, with negative results.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The way to "fame and fortune" in the sciences is to show an error in a current theory.

Falsifiability is relatively new to science.

"The concept was introduced by the philosopher of science Karl Popper. He saw falsifiability as the logical part and the cornerstone of his scientific epistemology, which sets the limits of scientific inquiry. He proposed that statements and theories that are not falsifiable are unscientific. Declaring an unfalsifiable theory to be scientific would then be pseudoscience.[5]"
Falsifiability - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Which paradigm?

*Well then I've been doing science my whole life, as I've tested the validity of the Bible, as well as, thousands upon thousands of others, with negative results.
I seriously doubt your claim about testing the Bible. Christians generally do not know how to run proper tests.

And any accepted paradigm that is overturned would make a scientist famous. The problem is that once a paradigm is well established it is usually correct.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Falsifiability is relatively new to science.

"The concept was introduced by the philosopher of science Karl Popper. He saw falsifiability as the logical part and the cornerstone of his scientific epistemology, which sets the limits of scientific inquiry. He proposed that statements and theories that are not falsifiable are unscientific. Declaring an unfalsifiable theory to be scientific would then be pseudoscience.[5]"
Falsifiability - Wikipedia
Yes, science not only has a method of self correction. That method has improved over the years.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scientific beliefs are evidence based by definition. If your belief is not evidence based it cannot be scientific.
You know you have not been able to show evidence for origin issues.
My belief is 1000 times more evidenced than your. So there.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We don't have to "prove" anything ourselves
What religion has to prove anything to it's own believers?
because they have data and make it available for people to check out.
I checked it out and it is belief based.
Also science doesn't prove anything and there's no such thing as scientific proof.
Why would there be proof for a false religion??

• Informative
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You know you have not been able to show evidence for origin issues.

My belief is 1000 times more evidenced than your. So there.

Dad, that is a falsehood.

And if you have evidence then why can't you post any? I seriously that you do not understand the concept.

You appear to have no reliable evidence at all. Would you like to learn what is and what is not evidence?

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What religion has to prove anything to it's own believers?
I checked it out and it is belief based.
Why would there be proof for a false religion??
Dad, the fact that you do not understand evidence does not mean that there is not any.

• Agree
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To the poster who likes yapping endlessly about evidence for his religion without ever providing any, please cease and desist trolling here.
Since I offer to help you to understand the nature of evidence and you run away this post could obviously not be about me.

Are you ready to learn yet or do you still have your running shoes on?

To claim that I have not provided evidence would be a lie, and I am sure that you do not want to do that. I have provided evidence. You either did not understand it or you ran away. That is why I realized that to give you any more evidence is pointless until you learn what evidence is. Running away from a reasonable offer indicates that you know that you are wrong.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since I offer to help you to understand the nature of evidence and you run away this post could obviously not be about me.

Are you ready to learn yet or do you still have your running shoes on?

To claim that I have not provided evidence would be a lie, and I am sure that you do not want to do that. I have provided evidence. You either did not understand it or you ran away. That is why I realized that to give you any more evidence is pointless until you learn what evidence is. Running away from a reasonable offer indicates that you know that you are wrong.
Anyone reading your post can see what was produced.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone reading your post can see what was produced.
They can see you running away from a reasonable offer. To see the evidence given they would have to go quite a few posts back because you have been running for some time now.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ha. I believe that technology/science would free man of life itself unless Jesus were to return and rescue us.

Very true, thank you "scientific method", for the atom bomb...

*Real science should result in propagation of life...not its destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

*Real science should result in propagation of life...not it destruction.
True, science has given us death and death potential in many many ways. Funny how disciples of so called science tend to deny all culpability for the bad in the tree of science, but seek glory for the good also. We should realize that the fruits of a tree tell us what sort of tree it is.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Post #??? Haha
Find it yourself. Until you stop running away from my reasonable offer you will get nothing from me.

Seriously, learning what is and what is not evidence can only make you a better debater. Instead of losing all of the time you might win a debate or two.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
True, science has given us death and death potential in many many ways. Funny how disciples of so called science tend to deny all culpability for the bad in the tree of science, but seek glory for the good also. We should realize that the fruits of a tree tell us what sort of tree it is.

Whoa...I never thought of it like that tree...

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,400.00
Faith
Atheist

*Real science should result in propagation of life...not it destruction.
Science gave us the information. Technology, controlled by business and politics, gave us the implementation.

In theory, we could have safe nuclear power and no atom bombs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.