California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, that is not faith as used by Christians. In fact there is no evidence. That verse contradicts itself.

Sorry, but now you are making generalizations and assumptions.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Faith is not a theory. It is a logical fallacy, and usually wrong. It is none of what you claim at the end of your post.

Biblically, it is exactly that.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Check out Kent Hovind and Rob Skiba. Some awesome stuff.

A convicted criminal/known liar and this dude?

>>Angels, demons, Nephilim, time travel, UFOs, Nazis and more on Opposing The Matrix <<

Why would I want to check them out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I literally just showed you its unverifiable with photographic evidence. How much time must pass before my christmas tree turns into a dog? Where are the missing links? What is the sexual advantage of a half developed eye?

Oh look! PRATTs.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Science is proving or disproving theories, it's a theory not fact. It's not natural law. It's the current guess and it's provably inaccurate.

- Science doesn't prove nor is scientific proof a thing.
- Theories are more powerful than individual facts.
- Natural law is part of philosophy, not science.
- No, theories are not guesses and evolution has never been falsified.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, I meant what I said. I am not a denier of reality.

"Reality is the sum or aggregate of all that is real or existent, as opposed to that which is merely imaginary. The term is also used to refer to the ontological status of things, indicating their existence.[1] In physical terms, reality is the totality of the universe, known and unknown."
Reality - Wikipedia

But, do you believe that there are things that are unknown to you? As for me, I freely admit that most everything is unknown to me, ha ha. But, what I have learned and experienced has been corroborated with Scripture, and not just with me, but with countless others...over thousands of years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"The word is דָּת
13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png
listen and repeat. In the Bible (most commonly in the Book of Esther), the word means law or sentence in the legal sense. And since religion can be described as a set of laws, over time, the word דת came to refer to religion itself."
how to say "religion" in Hebrew | Ulpan La-lnyan

"Due to the wide range of its usage, the English word "religion" (from Lat. religio) is not easily defined. Most commonly, however, it refers to ways in which humans relate to the divine (a presence [or plurality of such] or force [sometimes construed as plural] behind, beyond, or pervading sensible reality that conditions but is not conditioned by that reality). All such "ways" include a system of beliefs about the divine and how it is related to the world. Most also involve an attitude of awe toward the divine, and a pattern of actions (rituals and an ethical code). By extension, "religion" is often used to refer to systems of belief and related practices that play an analogous role in people's lives (e.g., Buddhism, Confucianism, and even humanism). The word is, thus, an abstract term adaptable to a great variety of referents.

Neither the Hebrew nor the Aramaic languages of the Old Testament have a word with a corresponding semantic field. For that reason, one does not find "religion" or "religious" in most English versions of these Scriptures. English translators of the New Testament do use these words at times to render various forms of three Greek terms: deisidaimonia [deisidaimoNIVa], threskeia [qrhskeiva], and eusebeia [eujsevbeia]. Yet all three words also fail to fully capture the import of the more abstract English 'religion.'"
Religion Definition and Meaning - Bible Dictionary

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • "Therefore put away all filthiness and rank growth of wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who observes his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But he who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer that forgets but a doer that acts, he shall be blessed in his doing. If any one thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this man’s religion is vain. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world (James 1:21–27)"
  • https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-religion-and-faith
(Emphasis mine)

That's religion and faith in a nutshell. They are the doing of what is conducive to life, as a result of taking in life principles and correct thinking, in order to gain increasing knowledge and enhanced ability to propagate life.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"Reality is the sum or aggregate of all that is real or existent, as opposed to that which is merely imaginary. The term is also used to refer to the ontological status of things, indicating their existence.[1] In physical terms, reality is the totality of the universe, known and unknown."
Reality - Wikipedia

But, do you believe that there are things that are unknown to you? As for me, I freely admit that most everything is unknown to me, ha ha. But, what I have learned and experienced has been corroborated with Scripture, and not just with me, but with countless others...over thousands of years.
If you want to claim that something is real the burden of proof lies upon you. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
  • "Therefore put away all filthiness and rank growth of wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if any one is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who observes his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But he who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer that forgets but a doer that acts, he shall be blessed in his doing. If any one thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this man’s religion is vain. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world (James 1:21–27)"
  • https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-religion-and-faith
(Emphasis mine)

That's religion and faith in a nutshell. They are the doing of what is conducive to life, as a result of taking in life principles and correct thinking, in order to gain increasing knowledge and enhanced ability to propagate life.
No, just more circular reasoning.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.