Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A few words?

NWN is also a great game.

That was about 6 words, I think. 5 if you don't count "a" as a word.

:D

I LOVED Baldur's Gate. I remmeber the first day I played. That was so awesome. I remember the first time I "met" ... doh, er, those two guys on the road to the Keep, which I also forgot the name of, where you meet Jaheira. And her husband, I forgot his name too.

The two funyn evil guys. Montaron was one. And the other guy that kept whining, "Stop touching meeee!" hehe.

That game was so fun :D

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Argon88 said:
I'm trying to buy Planescape: Torment. Sounded realy cool, a little suprising since I don't like D&D very much. I hate it's spell and feet system, at least the way it was on NeverWinter Nights. Is that standard to all D&D themed games?
Planescape: Torment predates 3rd edition, so there's no feats. Technically 2nd edition had skills, but they didn't really matter for PC games, except for weapon skills. 2nd edition rules a bit harder to wade through, but the game takes care of most of it by itself.

Upvote 0

Gandalf

Oct 31, 2003
Croatia,Zagreb
Visit site
✟208.00
Faith
Christian
I like 2AD&D rules much better than 3 and 3.5D&D rules.
Yeah,Baldur`s Gate is really cool,I also liked Crazy Celvan,the guy on the roofs of the Dock district in BG2,"the gods speak to me,hee hee"
And I love those character endings in the end of BG2:ToB,Sarevok`s was quite interesting,really chaotic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Anyone know where I can find a really good fishing snippet for ROM24b6??

*listens for a pin to drop* …anyhoot… BG was good but I gave it away a couple years ago. I have Neverwinter Night as a replacement for BG but NWN seems so dark for some reason. Me likes Morrowind. Morrowind goooood. Morrowind is about the only RPG I play anymore that is not an MMORPG. I could probably write a book on MMORPG’s so I wont go there here :)

Upvote 0

sowellfan

Nov 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
✟8,000.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you say NWN was dark, you're talking about the subject matter, not how it looked on the screen, right?

As far as straight RPGs vs. MMORPGs is concerned, I think the good thing about RPGs is that it's easy to sit down and play for half an hour and then stop. When I play NWN, I can even go online & play for a while with a buddy in a self-contained world, from what I'm told (I think you can play online in BG, also, but it seems like NWN added something to the mix, though I'm not sure what). But with MMORPGs, it's harder to play a little here and a little there. I trashed a couple of semesters of college playing MUDs (like MMORPG, only text-based), and I don't even want to get started playing anything like that.

Upvote 0

Durelen

+|-|3
Sep 30, 2003
California
Visit site
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes as in subject matter.

I play MUD's but I keep it under conrtol. I like to mess with the code mostly anyway.

Yes if I only had 30 minutes to play a game... I may just skip the game because I won't want to stop. I tend to schedule time as part of the activity of a day/week. MMORPG's work for me because I can schedule guild events and set the time for that in my schedule. That has always worked pretty well for me.

Upvote 0