West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believe we are to pray about our economy and money systems.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Phill 4:6
sometimes we are to pray, other times we are to RUN! When moses was fleeing from pharoah and he stopped at the red sea, he started praying and God said...."why do you pray to me, run!" Exodus 14:15. I think we should pray and not worry about our lives first and foremost. But we should also be wise, realize. The dollar probably won't last another decade. We print too much money. I think a reset will happen eventually. it is just a matter of when. God will provide if we seek Him. But I think we should also be wise "to know the state of our flocks." Proverbs 27:23

Here is another good youtube channel on market bearishness:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yet some extreme bears, who believe the economy can fail any day avoid fiat products all together and only buy extremely small denominations of gold, like .5 gram rounds at apmex for example. That way if economy crashes and a small gold piece is worth thousands, they don't get ripped off trying to sell it. Also if you have a larger 1 ounce gold coin which would be worth hundreds of thousands or more in a collapse, a vendor may not have that kind of cash handy. So small denominations can last you a few weeks. I calculated that a 5k investment can last you roughly 6 years in a crashed economy, but I would do .5 gram rounds if you are really bearish. I think we have another decade before an ultimate crash, but if we keep printing like we did this month, you can cut that in half.

Either way gold might be one way to conceal wealth. In the vision (not cited in the OP but discussed in the link), the "luxury ships," i.e. those still retaining substantial amounts of visible wealth, will simply become targets of the criminal elements in society. One way to maybe avoid this might be to downsize on visible things, i.e. live in a more modest house, drive more modest automobiles, etc. but retain wealth invisibly.

I'm talking in hypotheticals here. I already live in a modest house, so that won't be a problem for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet, the world recovered from THE worst tragedy in history. Why is a tiny little virus going to kill more people than WWII and cause the economy to collapse? The end of the war was a freaking NUCLEAR war for crying out loud! The bombings wiped out almost 300k people in Japan alone. Yet, Japan recovered.

As per some of the other posters, I don't think it's so much the virus per se as the debt load finally becoming too big to sustain. I'm thinking the virus shutting down economies for extended periods of time, until many businesses have been shut down for good, may simply be the catalyst that irreversibly changes society.

But keep in mind. Both here and in the OP, I use the word "may." I'm not certain this is "it" yet. But it most certainly isn't helping any. As others have said, it's speeding up the process.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Either way gold might be one way to conceal wealth. In the vision (not cited in the OP but discussed in the link), the "luxury ships," i.e. those still retaining substantial amounts of visible wealth, will simply become targets of the criminal elements in society. One way to maybe avoid this might be to downsize on visible things, i.e. live in a more modest house, drive more modest automobiles, etc. but retain wealth invisibly.

I'm talking in hypotheticals here. I already live in a modest house, so that won't be a problem for me.
yes there is something I see on youtube channels a lot, it's called minimalism. Living with less than more. And you would be suprised. Riding a bike to the store and work. Avoiding impulse purchases, or luxury, and go for practicality. When you want something, make a buy list. And pray over it. I had a buy list of stuff I didn't buy for a year. They were small items but not necessary, so I waited till I was working overtime. I technically needed them but not immediately, so I waited till I could afford it. Instead of living paycheck to paycheck. Save an emergency fund. Gold does hide wealth. It's more of what is called a diversified asset. See you don't want all your money in fiat funds. You don't want all of your retirement in stocks and bonds. What happens if bond market crashes? Or stock market crashes. You lose your nestegg, as we have seen this last month. But what I am saying is that Gold is just insurance. There are ways to store gold at home and not in a bank. I put a link for that. But I would store it in many places not just one stash. So if say a criminal comes up to you and says....where is your gold, you can lead them to one stash, and give him everything in that one stash. Then use your remaining stashes to up your security or whatever, or move. Burying it is a very good idea, metal detectors can't go below I think 4 feet. put a planter box over it or whatever. That way the dug up dirt looks normal, it also shows you where it was. But really gold is just your insurance, you hope it never gets to where you need to use it. But just as you would buy life insurance, or car insurance or fire insurance you should have financial insurance in the form of a diversified gold holding, physical bullion. Use bitcoin to buy it on apmex to be anonymous. But if it's over 10,000 you have to report it on taxes with makes it not anonymous. But technically government can confiscate gold, but I think before they do that, they will confiscate IRA's, pensions and 401k's. There is billions of dollars in that, where american gold holdings is only in the millions. But see my other posts in venezuela and other countries that redenominated their currency or reset their currency to gold. Gold went up 2000 to 5000 times. So a 30 dollar half ounce piece would literally be worth nearly 100,000$ of inflated money. So in other words a 30 dollar insurance policy could pay off your house, in a fallen economy. That is just what I am talking about.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you have kids, so hard to save. Blessed only debt we really have is my student loan. Man, I want that thing paid off. It is a pain. Not as much as others probably. But I wasnt wise when I got it. While it is deferred without interest, I want to get a good chunk out of it.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you have kids, so hard to save. Blessed only debt we really have is my student loan. Man, I want that thing paid off. It is a pain. Not as much as others probably. But I wasnt wise when I got it. While it is deferred without interest, I want to get a good chunk out of it.
Get yourself a good compound interest calculator. Say you save 5$ a week. In 5 years that is like about 1500 bucks, but if you put it in a market index fund like SPY you have about 5500 dollars in five years. Something called Acorns app actually rounds off every purchase you use. So say you buy a soda at mcdonalds for 1.50, it will charge you 2 dollars and save .50 cents. Then for 1 dollar a month you can actually invest it in their funds. There is one fund called VOO. It's their most aggressive fund, and it makes about 8% a year on average. All of their funds are relatively safer investments. Markets are pretty sold off right now. But even if you have a dive in funds, over the long run most recessions fix themselves in less than 5 years. As long as you just keep adding money. And never sell. They call it dollar cost averaging, and even in a recession you still end up ahead because you are always putting money in. You would have to type some stuff in on a compound interest calculator to see for yourself. But just 5$ a week over 5 years yields this with acorns app:
acorns savings 234.png

Some say that 10% is a lot for a fund, but still even put 5% instead of 180% you would have 100% or so return so you would still have like 3,000 just off 5$ a week. But I use the calculator called Savings Goal Calculator - Crown
but you can also use a compound interest calculator online, the federal governement has a website, also 10bii financial calculator has a good compound interest calculator. Some of the calculators compound it at the wrong intervals, so you want a good one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how they are calculating the gain. I used this investment calculator, giving 25 a month for 5 years at 10% compounded daily and I ended up with just under 2,000 dollars. Compound Interest Calculator | Investor.gov
yeah sorry it depends on what interval you are compounding, if you compound only once a year it will be less, let me try my app and verify... yeah I got 2,000 too. I think crown financial was adding only 5$ a month, so it was compounding it monthly for like 20 years, because I put 260 periods, and it calculated that as months. So you are right.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure how they are calculating the gain. I used this investment calculator, giving 25 a month for 5 years at 10% compounded daily and I ended up with just under 2,000 dollars. Compound Interest Calculator | Investor.gov
I made a new image, not quite as nice as the other:

acorns savings 234.png

again this is from this weblink, you can tweek it for whatever you want, periods are months, that is where I got it wrong last time.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I made a new image, not quite as nice as the other:

View attachment 274413

again this is from this weblink, you can tweek it for whatever you want, periods are months, that is where I got it wrong last time.

Ok, thanks for the update. You still make a good case for saving into the S&P 500 or other index fund. Even better though is to use the tax advantages of various retirement plans or IRA's and save into those.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, thanks for the update. You still make a good case for saving into the S&P 500 or other index fund. Even better though is to use the tax advantages of various retirement plans or IRA's and save into those.
Yes I actually recommend a roth IRA or Roth 401k, because after 5 years you can withdraw for whatever reason. A way you can do it with acorns, is also open up a brokerage account say with TD ameritrade or Etrade. And open up a roth IRA. Then after your acorn account saves up 50,100, or $500 put it in the roth IRA. You get tax free gains (no capital gains tax on it), as well as you can deduct the contributions.

but realize the whole reason to save your change is to create an emergency fund, they recommend 6 months of employment in the form of cash. So if you don't have that, I suggest saving that first. Then do the IRA or 401k.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh sorry if I missed that. Also, I commented on the video you posted on the oil fund. It is a good option to use something like that though I go into more detail, I wanted to let you know I support your posting and am glad to discuss such things.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes there is something I see on youtube channels a lot, it's called minimalism. Living with less than more. And you would be suprised. Riding a bike to the store and work. Avoiding impulse purchases, or luxury, and go for practicality. When you want something, make a buy list. And pray over it. I had a buy list of stuff I didn't buy for a year. They were small items but not necessary, so I waited till I was working overtime. I technically needed them but not immediately, so I waited till I could afford it. Instead of living paycheck to paycheck. Save an emergency fund. Gold does hide wealth. It's more of what is called a diversified asset. See you don't want all your money in fiat funds. You don't want all of your retirement in stocks and bonds. What happens if bond market crashes? Or stock market crashes. You lose your nestegg, as we have seen this last month. But what I am saying is that Gold is just insurance. There are ways to store gold at home and not in a bank. I put a link for that. But I would store it in many places not just one stash. So if say a criminal comes up to you and says....where is your gold, you can lead them to one stash, and give him everything in that one stash. Then use your remaining stashes to up your security or whatever, or move. Burying it is a very good idea, metal detectors can't go below I think 4 feet. put a planter box over it or whatever. That way the dug up dirt looks normal, it also shows you where it was. But really gold is just your insurance, you hope it never gets to where you need to use it. But just as you would buy life insurance, or car insurance or fire insurance you should have financial insurance in the form of a diversified gold holding, physical bullion. Use bitcoin to buy it on apmex to be anonymous. But if it's over 10,000 you have to report it on taxes with makes it not anonymous. But technically government can confiscate gold, but I think before they do that, they will confiscate IRA's, pensions and 401k's. There is billions of dollars in that, where american gold holdings is only in the millions. But see my other posts in venezuela and other countries that redenominated their currency or reset their currency to gold. Gold went up 2000 to 5000 times. So a 30 dollar half ounce piece would literally be worth nearly 100,000$ of inflated money. So in other words a 30 dollar insurance policy could pay off your house, in a fallen economy. That is just what I am talking about.

Looks like you've put plenty of thought into this.

Let me run something by you that directly relates to the OP; something I'm thinking about now. There was a direct prophecy given about three months ago that we have this year alone to prepare for what is coming, because the US economy is going to suffer severely and China is going to emerge as the dominant economy in the world.

The prophecy is somewhat troubling, but again none of this should disturb the peace of those who walk close to God. The Lord will still guide them step by step so long as they keep turning to Him for help and direction.

But the prophecy stated as follows:
"2020 is a year of preparation. From 2021 on... the President of China will arise mightily and strong like the mighty statue of Nebuchadnezzar. He will seek to bring all nations under his control. He will gain great strength to dominate the world's economy... once a nation becomes economically strong, other nations will bow down to listen. Thirdly, the United States of America. It will weaken in strength and dominance. It will be like a molting eagle without strength or vigor. Its feathers will be plucked away. Its beak will be broken and cast away. Even its eyes will be gouged out and thrown away. It will become helpless, purposeless."

The Eagle is the national emblem of the US, so the symbolism is playing off of this, and when an eagle goes into molting it indeed becomes helpless. It can't fly, so it must scavenge for food as best it can, which leads to further weakness and deterioration of health.

Time will tell if this comes to pass, but the analogy speaks of our economy suffering terribly, and here is why I think it is at least plausible:

China is a communist nation. Human beings are one commodity they're never in short supply of, and when it comes down to choosing between human lives and their economy, they will choose the latter so long as it doesn't completely annihilate them. They just opened Wuhan back up for business yesterday, despite many in the populace thinking it is too soon, and being nervous about going back to work. But their leaders are not elected (at least not by the masses, anyway), so they have no fears about making decisions that will lead to more deaths if they prove necessary to keep the economy strong.

The United States is a different animal entirely. No politician in his right mind would ever even hint at taking "acceptable losses" to save the economy. Trump might, of course, but it could prove to be his undoing. The left would just eat him alive over it. So all things considered, the US is likely to go all out using welfare measures to save lives, but the longer that goes on the more the welfare state will take hold, and our once powerful economy will grind to a halt. And when a nation's populace becomes ever increasingly unemployed, they will indeed become "purposeless" in life.

I should also add that Trump's whole "art of the deal" approach is based on coming to the table from a position of strength. If the US has to approach from increasing positions of weakness, the "art of the deal" turns in favor of China, and they will increasingly begin calling the shots. We would eventually have little choice but to acquiesce, i.e. "bow down" as the prophecy suggests...

I'm not that up on the world economics, so I thought I would bounce this off of you and ask if there are other economic reasons why such a prophecy could be plausible. Again, I'm not certain this will definitely come to pass or not, so I would not be asking you to guarantee such a thing either. Just asking for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Looks like you've put plenty of thought into this.

Let me run something by you that directly relates to the OP; something I'm thinking about now. There was a direct prophecy given about three months ago that we have this year alone to prepare for what is coming, because the US economy is going to suffer severely and China is going to emerge as the dominant economy in the world.

The prophecy is somewhat troubling, but again none of this should disturb the peace of those who walk close to God. The Lord will still guide them step by step so long as they keep turning to Him for help and direction.

But the prophecy stated as follows:
"2020 is a year of preparation. From 2021 on... the President of China will arise mightily and strong like the mighty statue of Nebuchadnezzar. He will seek to bring all nations under his control. He will gain great strength to dominate the world's economy... once a nation becomes economically strong, other nations will bow down to listen. Thirdly, the United States of America. It will weaken in strength and dominance. It will be like a molting eagle without strength or vigor. Its feathers will be plucked away. Its beak will be broken and cast away. Even its eyes will be gouged out and thrown away. It will become helpless, purposeless."

The Eagle is the national emblem of the US, so the symbolism is playing off of this, and when an eagle goes into molting it indeed becomes helpless. It can't fly, so it must scavenge for food as best it can, which leads to further weakness and deterioration of health.

Time will tell if this comes to pass, but the analogy speaks of our economy suffering terribly, and here is why I think it is at least plausible:

China is a communist nation. Human beings are one commodity they're never in short supply of, and when it comes down to choosing between human lives and their economy, they will choose the latter so long as it doesn't completely annihilate them. They just opened Wuhan back up for business yesterday, despite many in the populace thinking it is too soon, and being nervous about going back to work. But their leaders are not elected (at least not by the masses, anyway), so they have no fears about making decisions that will lead to more deaths if they prove necessary to keep the economy strong.

The United States is a different animal entirely. No politician in his right mind would ever even hint at taking "acceptable losses" to save the economy. Trump might, of course, but it could prove to be his undoing. The left would just eat him alive over it. So all things considered, the US is likely to go all out using welfare measures to save lives, but the longer that goes on the more the welfare state will take hold, and our once powerful economy will grind to a halt.

I should also add that Trump's whole "art of the deal" approach is based on coming to the table from a position of strength. If the US has to approach from increasing positions of weakness, the "art of the deal" turns in favor of China, and they will increasingly begin calling the shots. We would eventually have little choice but to acquiesce, i.e. "bow down" as the prophecy suggests...

I'm not that up on the world economics, so I thought I would bounce this off of you and ask if there are other economic reasons why such a prophecy could be plausible. Again, I'm not certain this will definitely come to pass or not, so I would not be asking you to guarantee such a thing either. Just asking for your thoughts.
China is not in a place to come to power, not yet. Our dollar would have to fail first. But the problem with the world's most liquid currency is that if it fails, everyone who is dependent on that dollar fail. Which means the world fails. Or most of it. I do think that the IMF's SDR currency which is based on a basket of world currency even some gold, may become more popular in the future and that the dollar will ultimately fail and maybe the SDR could become the one world currency. But that is decades away from reality. But when it does come to power it will have to bail out multiple nations, including the US and any countries denominated in dollars, and ultimately even countries not relying on dollars. Because if the largest economy crashes that ripples into all the other countries. Just look at 2008, our country started a world wide recession. Our economy as it sets today (which could change), has plenty of good credit to print money whenever they need to get us out of at least one or two more recessions. But at that point our bond payments will be more than our income as a nation, and we will be bankrupts. Again see my first post in this thread on bond payments.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our economy as it sets today (which could change), has plenty of good credit to print money whenever they need to get us out of at least one or two more recessions. But at that point our bond payments will be more than our income as a nation, and we will be bankrupts. Again see my first post in this thread on bond payments.

Thanks for the reply.

China would likely still be our primary lender, yes? Found this just a second ago. Any thoughts?

What Happens If China Called in Its Debt Holdings
China's position as America's largest banker gives it some political leverage. It is responsible for low interest rates and cheap consumer goods. If it called in its debt, U.S. interest rates and prices would rise, slowing U.S economic growth.

On the other hand, if China called in its debt all at once the demand for the dollar would plummet. This dollar collapse would disrupt international markets even more than the 2008 financial crisis. China's economy would suffer along with everyone else's.

If China ever did call in its debt, it would slowly begin selling off its Treasury holdings. But even at a slow pace, dollar demand would drop. That would hurt China's competitiveness by raising the yuan’s value relative to the dollar. At some price point, U.S. consumers would buy American products instead. China could only start this process after it further expands its exports to other Asian countries and increases domestic demand.

China's Debt-Holder Strategy Is Working
China's low-cost competitive strategy worked. Its economy often grew more than 10% for the three decades before the 2008 recession. As of 2018, it's growing at almost 7%, a more sustainable rate.6 China has become the largest economy in the world, outpacing the United States and the European Union. China also became the world's biggest exporter in 2010. China needs this growth to raise its low standard of living. For these reasons, China will continue to be one of the world's largest holders of U.S. debt.

How Much Does the US Owe China?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this scenario may play out:

NEW YORK (Project Syndicate) — After the 2007-09 financial crisis, the imbalances and risks pervading the global economy were exacerbated by policy mistakes. So, rather than address the structural problems that the financial collapse and ensuing recession revealed, governments mostly kicked the can down the road, creating major downside risks that made another crisis inevitable.

And now that it has arrived, the risks are growing even more acute. Unfortunately, even if the Greater Recession leads to a lackluster U-shaped recovery this year, an L-shaped “Greater Depression” will follow later in this decade...

The first trend concerns deficits and their corollary risks: debts and defaults.

The policy response to the COVID-19 crisis entails a massive increase in fiscal deficits — on the order of 10% of GDP or more — at a time when public debt levels in many countries were already high, if not unsustainable... the loss of income for many households and firms means that private-sector debt levels will become unsustainable, too, potentially leading to mass defaults and bankruptcies. Together with soaring levels of public debt, this all but ensures a more anemic recovery than the one that followed the Great Recession a decade ago.

A second factor is the demographic time bomb in advanced economies.

The coronavirus crisis shows that much more public spending must be allocated to health systems, and that universal health care and other relevant public goods are necessities, not luxuries. Yet, because most developed countries have aging societies, funding such outlays in the future will make the implicit debts from today’s unfunded health-care and social-security systems even larger.

A third issue is the growing risk of deflation.

In addition to causing a deep recession, the crisis is also creating a massive slack in goods (unused machines and capacity) and labor markets (mass unemployment), as well as driving a price collapse in commodities such as oil and industrial metals. That makes debt deflation likely, increasing the risk of insolvency.

A fourth (related) factor will be currency debasement.

As central banks try to fight deflation and head off the risk of surging interest rates (following from the massive debt build-up), monetary policies will become even more unconventional and far-reaching. In the short run, governments will need to run monetized fiscal deficits to avoid depression and deflation. Yet, over time, the permanent negative supply shocks from accelerated de-globalization and renewed protectionism will make stagflation all but inevitable...

The coming Greater Depression of the 2020s

In other words, massive increases in public and private debt, combined with debt deflation [i.e. declines in net worth as price levels fall while debt burdens remain unchanged], will lead to further defaults and bankruptcies, which in turn will so weaken the ability of banks to lend money that interest rates will go through the roof. That means eventually few will even be able to borrow money anymore, leading to long-term stagnation in the markets, with the price of the few products that are produced being permanently far higher than they are at present.

It means whatever we have now (and actually own) may be what we need to be content with, because purchasing power will greatly diminish, and the debt load for those who bury themselves in it will become virtually impossible to get out from under.

Hence the vision I cited in the OP. But it is not without a solution for the people of God, as the vision states. So long as we look to Him for each step we take and stay on our knees in prayer, He will provide everything we need. But beginning in 2021, the standard of living is about to start changing drastically, especially in the United States. We grew accustomed to borrowing in order to sustain a lifestyle the rest of the world couldn't afford, but those days are about to be over, and the verse where Paul taught that "godliness with contentment is great gain" will now become increasingly relevant.

I mentioned previously that this wasn't "prophecy" on my part, just an opinion. But I now have little to no doubt that it is going to happen.

Hidden In Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a dream a little bit before the lockdown. In the dream I had tried to help my parents by signing onto the lease for the house. Although I tried to save money I just could not. The taxes shot through the roof and jobs were considerably harder to get than they were at the time of the dream.

Sounds like it might have been the Lord. I just read something just this morning about how trying to save money will become exceedingly difficult for most, once the new conditions set in.

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0