Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the following vision is now about to come to pass. It's a warning for believers to trust the Lord for their financial welfare rather than borrow from creditors and go deeply into debt. The nation's economies may never recover from COVOD-19, and for those who presume they can just keep borrowing and pay it off some day, they may live to find out that day never comes.

I'll post just the opening passages with accompanying interpretation. For the full description of the entire vision, click the link below.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

A Field Of Dreams Or Nightmares?

While praying about the future of our economy, I was given a vision of a long, lush green field. I felt that this represented a long period of economic prosperity, which has generally been the case since that time. While praying in August 1995, I saw this field in a vision again, but with much more detail. The end of the field was covered in fog. Not far into the fog there was a very steep cliff. In the middle of the cliff, there was a narrow, twisting, steep path that appeared like a descending bridge. It had the same green grass on it that the field did and went all the way to the bottom.

Those who walked into the fog almost all missed the little path and fell over the cliff. Some of these died, but nets below the cliffs caught many of them. However, these nets were not there to save the people but to trap them. Others entered the fog carefully, dropping to their knees and searching for the path, which they seemed to intuitively know was there. Most of those looking for the path were able to find it and carefully started down on their knees. A few people had parachutes, and they jumped off the cliff into the fog.

At the bottom there was a sea with four kinds of ships in the harbor: slave ships, warships, luxury liners, and hospital ships. Most of the ships were slavers. The next greatest number was warships. There were only five hospital ships, all of which were on clean, well-kept docks right in the middle of the harbor. The two luxury liners were docked at each end of the harbor. An abundance of supplies were on their docks, but both the docks and ships looked filthy and poorly maintained. No warships were docked, but all kept moving about in the harbor.

The people who fell into the nets were put on the slave ships...

Interpretation and Insights

That I can now see the end of this field indicates that the end of our economic prosperity is now in sight. What I saw at the end was much more catastrophic than I had ever thought. There are some very dark times ahead, but at the same time there is a whole new world being built right in our midst that is more wonderful than we can even imagine.

To the degree that we have built our lives and faith on the economy of the world, we have built on a very shaky foundation. We know that the time will come when everything that can be shaken will be. The time that we have been given until that happens is for the purpose of preparation. Let us build our hope and trust on the kingdom that alone cannot be shaken.

Those who kept walking into the fog just as they had been walking in the open field, not discerning or not acknowledging the change, either perished or fell into slavery. Those who immediately fell to their knees found a safe way down, but it still led down. They had to stay on their knees all the way; no one could have stood up on that slope because it was too steep and narrow. Falling to our knees speaks of prayer. As soon as we see the fog, or confusion, we must pray for every step we take thereafter.

That no one ascended, but all went down to the bottom of the cliff, spoke to me that the economy of the whole world was going down. Many will survive what is coming, but not at the level they are presently. Much of our present standard of living has been built upon credit, borrowing from the future, and the future is now here. We are fast approaching the time when the bills will have to be paid. That will cause a drastic reduction of our present lifestyles.

I felt that the slave ships were banks. During the Great Depression, banks were so over extended that most of them failed. Somehow, they have now positioned themselves to not only survive another economic collapse, but will actually be in a place to enslave those who are in debt to them...

A Field of Dreams or Nightmares? by Rick Joyner | MorningStar Prophetic Bulletins 2012

Last edited:

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would he pray about the future of the economy?

I think Jesus Christ covers the future very well with what is coming, including the economy. Yet, He doesn't want us to worry and warns us of what is coming. We aren't to be afraid of the world, but the One who can destroy the body and soul. We should concern ourselves with the Way, the Truth and the Life; to always have our eyes on Him so we don't sink. :yellowheart:

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 41:34-36

even if people can only save a few dollars/month
everyone needs an emergency fund

it saddens me to hear people on news who have lost their job & they only have $70 to their name

or someone who had to shut a business down & EVERYTHING was in the business with nothing left over for themselves

and to see dairy farmers throwing away milk now that is not being purchased...terrible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 41:34-36

even if people can only save a few dollars/month
everyone needs an emergency fund

it saddens me to hear people on news who have lost their job & they only have $70 to their name

or someone who had to shut a business down & EVERYTHING was in the business with nothing left over for themselves

and to see dairy farmers throwing away milk now that is not being purchased...terrible
what good were your savings like in Venezuela if the value of the currency collapses. Look at Rev 6 a days wage is a quart of wheat over the whole earth and peace is taken from the earth that men may kill one another. Your savings works to a point then it is no good. Those who go into debt with no job will eventually default on their credit cards but for a month or two they might continue to live on them. Put yourself in theirs shoes you are locked down no income and don't pay your rent and have no money for food; you are going to use your credit as long as it provides and when it does not then you are on the street and looking for aide. This is coming.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe the following vision is now about to come to pass. It's a warning for believers to trust the Lord for their financial welfare rather than borrow from creditors and go deeply into debt. The nation's economies may never recover from COVOD-19, and for those who presume they can just keep borrowing and pay it off some day, they may live to find out that day never comes.

I'll post just the opening passages with accompanying interpretation. For the full description of the entire vision, click the link below.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

A Field Of Dreams Or Nightmares?

While praying about the future of our economy, I was given a vision of a long, lush green field. I felt that this represented a long period of economic prosperity, which has generally been the case since that time. While praying in August 1995, I saw this field in a vision again, but with much more detail. The end of the field was covered in fog. Not far into the fog there was a very steep cliff. In the middle of the cliff, there was a narrow, twisting, steep path that appeared like a descending bridge. It had the same green grass on it that the field did and went all the way to the bottom.

Those who walked into the fog almost all missed the little path and fell over the cliff. Some of these died, but nets below the cliffs caught many of them. However, these nets were not there to save the people but to trap them. Others entered the fog carefully, dropping to their knees and searching for the path, which they seemed to intuitively know was there. Most of those looking for the path were able to find it and carefully started down on their knees. A few people had parachutes, and they jumped off the cliff into the fog.

At the bottom there was a sea with four kinds of ships in the harbor: slave ships, warships, luxury liners, and hospital ships. Most of the ships were slavers. The next greatest number was warships. There were only five hospital ships, all of which were on clean, well-kept docks right in the middle of the harbor. The two luxury liners were docked at each end of the harbor. An abundance of supplies were on their docks, but both the docks and ships looked filthy and poorly maintained. No warships were docked, but all kept moving about in the harbor.

The people who fell into the nets were put on the slave ships...

Interpretation and Insights

That I can now see the end of this field indicates that the end of our economic prosperity is now in sight. What I saw at the end was much more catastrophic than I had ever thought. There are some very dark times ahead, but at the same time there is a whole new world being built right in our midst that is more wonderful than we can even imagine.

To the degree that we have built our lives and faith on the economy of the world, we have built on a very shaky foundation. We know that the time will come when everything that can be shaken will be. The time that we have been given until that happens is for the purpose of preparation. Let us build our hope and trust on the kingdom that alone cannot be shaken.

Those who kept walking into the fog just as they had been walking in the open field, not discerning or not acknowledging the change, either perished or fell into slavery. Those who immediately fell to their knees found a safe way down, but it still led down. They had to stay on their knees all the way; no one could have stood up on that slope because it was too steep and narrow. Falling to our knees speaks of prayer. As soon as we see the fog, or confusion, we must pray for every step we take thereafter.

That no one ascended, but all went down to the bottom of the cliff, spoke to me that the economy of the whole world was going down. Many will survive what is coming, but not at the level they are presently. Much of our present standard of living has been built upon credit, borrowing from the future, and the future is now here. We are fast approaching the time when the bills will have to be paid. That will cause a drastic reduction of our present lifestyles.

I felt that the slave ships were banks. During the Great Depression, banks were so over extended that most of them failed. Somehow, they have now positioned themselves to not only survive another economic collapse, but will actually be in a place to enslave those who are in debt to them...

A Field of Dreams or Nightmares? by Rick Joyner | MorningStar Prophetic Bulletins 2012

I like that, vision I think it's very close. I suggest at least learning about gold investments. I will post a video at bottom...
Bond Interest payments.png

if the dollar fails, gold will skyrocket. This is an interesting gold mine, that gives access to gold market with little revenue.

NG stock ticker called (nova gold).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
how does gold fit into the self- checkout machine @ grocery store?
well you have most people that believe our economy will ultimately fail due to the debt load put on it. As you can see in the image I posted we have about ten more years of printing at this rate, then things will collapse, I feel people will wise up before then and diversify into commodities, gold is a natural hedge against the market. For instance 1-5% in gold will insure up to 100% of your assets in the case of a fall of the economy. If it's in a penny stock I suggest 1% allocation, it's cheaper and has higher leverage. At worst case scenario you lose 1% of your money, which is nothing. Most 401k's are down at least 20% since the crash of this market alone.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well you have most people that believe our economy will ultimately fail due to the debt load put on it. As you can see in the image I posted we have about ten more years of printing at this rate, then things will collapse, I feel people will wise up before then and diversify into commodities, gold is a natural hedge against the market.

It might not go up. I personally, don't need gold for anything useful.
If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd buy pointy sticks or bottled water before I'd buy gold.

Buying gold is an investment strategy that may or may not help you.
Plus if you by gold, you pull your money out of stocks.....which will go back up.
So you'd miss out on the stock recovery.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
well you have most people that believe our economy will ultimately fail due to the debt load put on it. As you can see in the image I posted we have about ten more years of printing at this rate, then things will collapse, I feel people will wise up before then and diversify into commodities, gold is a natural hedge against the market. For instance 1-5% in gold will insure up to 100% of your assets in the case of a fall of the economy. If it's in a penny stock I suggest 1% allocation, it's cheaper and has higher leverage. At worst case scenario you lose 1% of your money, which is nothing. Most 401k's are down at least 20% since the crash of this market alone.
With the rate of money printing increasing, it likely will be much shorter than ten years. However, i do not think the USA will be the first to fall. Some other nations have a much higher percentage of debt and even more credibility issues. The latter is of course the key. Fiat currency is backed in faith and once people think the debt is out of control, they will shun that currency and speed up the crash.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would he pray about the future of the economy?

Well, because he was given visions prior to the ones referenced in the article that predicted the world's economies were eventually going to crash. So he was likely going back and asking the Lord how long it would be until it came to pass.
I think Jesus Christ covers the future very well with what is coming, including the economy. Yet, He doesn't want us to worry and warns us of what is coming. We aren't to be afraid of the world, but the One who can destroy the body and soul. We should concern ourselves with the Way, the Truth and the Life; to always have our eyes on Him so we don't sink. :yellowheart:

Absolutely. From having watched him on video and read several of his books, I can assure you Joyner would agree with you on everything you've said here. In fact, there is a great deal of hope in the vision for those who stay close to Christ. The only concern is for those who don't, and who don't pray and walk in wisdom. These are the ones that the vision would help the most, but they are often the ones who take such things seriously the least.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It might not go up. I personally, don't need gold for anything useful.
If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd buy pointy sticks or bottled water before I'd buy gold.

Buying gold is an investment strategy that may or may not help you.
Plus if you by gold, you pull your money out of stocks.....which will go back up.
So you'd miss out on the stock recovery.
Yes sir you are right, stocks are cheap. But it's the money printing that also went up in value this month due to stimulus. Our economy needs a big reset. I would prefer during next recession to go on a gold standard. Just like a 1/1000 ratio or so. That would reduce ability to print cash at will. But would cause us to be more responsible, more checks and balances. But Gold is what is called a hedge. You just use it for insurance, if all goes well you won't need it. But in venezuela when their economy collapsed gold went up 2000 times and a month before that, a 1.5 ounce gold bar sold for two months wages. So a 100 dollar bar sold for roughly 8,000 dollars of devalued cash. That was before it went up 2000 times. It's called a reset of the currency. That is when they reevaluate what the denomination is valued as per gold. It's not a gold standard but it's an evaluation. I have an image that shows gold went up 2000 times, so if a 1.5 gram piece of gold already sold for 8k, then you multiply that by 2000 and that is how much a 1.5 gram bar was. So 100 dollars of gold was worth roughly 16 million dollars. Again that was in inflated currency, but still you have to use currency to buy bread and electricity and whatever, but the government was selling gold bars for 2 months wages before they reset the gold, and it would have been a great buy. So you would just put a small allocation into gold for insurance against a monetary reset. I recommend 1-5% if in a leveraged fund like a gold miner penny stock or 3x fund as I show in next post. Or if you simply want to buy and hold gold rounds, maybe 10% of your savings put into just gold bullion. And there are websites that talk about how to store gold at home. How to Store Gold at Home - GoldSilver.com

here is a great youtube channel, I recommend watching half a dozen of her videos:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With the rate of money printing increasing, it likely will be much shorter than ten years. However, i do not think the USA will be the first to fall. Some other nations have a much higher percentage of debt and even more credibility issues. The latter is of course the key. Fiat currency is backed in faith and once people think the debt is out of control, they will shun that currency and speed up the crash.
I agree, we are not doing good. Stocks can go up temporarily, but I feel an underlying drop further in some funds. I am not for sure this fall is complete. I am in oil right now, but not in stocks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like that, vision I think it's very close. I suggest at least learning about gold investments. I will post a video at bottom...
View attachment 274353

if the dollar fails, gold will skyrocket. This is an interesting gold mine, that gives access to gold market with little revenue.

NG stock ticker called (nova gold).

I've always heard that precious metals were a very safe bet during depressions or recessions, and generally I believe it's true. Afraid I can't speak intelligently as to the future on this, but one concern for me would be potentially getting conned, i.e. purchasing gold but never receiving it. That happened to a large number of Christians a few decades ago. I forget what his name was, but there was a popular Christian author who sold gold as part of his financial firm, and as it turned out he ended up cheating a lot of Christians out of a lot of money.

Not disparaging your advice by any means. Just adding my two cents here.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've always heard that precious metals were a very safe bet during depressions or recessions, and generally I believe it's true. Afraid I can't speak intelligently as to the future on this, but one concern for me would be potentially getting conned, i.e. purchasing gold but never receiving it. That happened to a large number of Christians a few decades ago. I forget what his name was, but there was a popular Christian author who sold gold as part of his financial firm, and as it turned out he ended up cheating a lot of Christians out of a lot of money.

Not disparaging your advice by any means. Just adding my two cents here.
yes I use only APMEX.com for my buys and finding a good reseller such as Gold Price Today in the USA

but some people desire not the let the government know they are buying, so then you would have to pay cash at a pawn shop for some gold coins or whatever. (you can also buy gold with bitcoin at apmex) But realize anything over a 10,000 dollar purchase of gold is a tax event and must be declared.

also gold stock is one way to gain access to gold market, they also have leveraged gold funds such as GDX, GDXJ X1 leverage, 2X leverage NUGT and DUST and 3x leveraged minors JNUG and JDST.

yet some extreme bears, who believe the economy can fail any day avoid fiat products all together and only buy extremely small denominations of gold, like .5 gram rounds at apmex for example. That way if economy crashes and a small gold piece is worth thousands, they don't get ripped off trying to sell it. Also if you have a larger 1 ounce gold coin which would be worth hundreds of thousands or more in a collapse, a vendor may not have that kind of cash handy. So small denominations can last you a few weeks. I calculated that a 5k investment can last you roughly 6 years in a crashed economy, but I would do .5 gram rounds if you are really bearish. I think we have another decade before an ultimate crash, but if we keep printing like we did this month, you can cut that in half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I might agree with this post since my mother has taught my sister and I to save money and not charge stuff on credit cards since we were children. Because, credit card companies were "evil" and basically "the devil".

However, my credit is the only way that I can personally pay for stuff that my household needs. If credit cards went "kaput" like my mother is trying to tell me (She's wicked afraid of the virus. I personally don't think it's as massive as everyone is saying it is. And if it is? God will protect me and Christians around the world. He's promised multiple times in the Bible to take care of me and his sheep each and every day of their lives. I believe and should believe that with all my heart.

Honestly? The way Christ has taken care of my wife and I has been through credit cards since we've been together and taken care of me since I moved out of my parents house a long time ago. Why? Why can't we save? Well for one, I (the person who's supposed to be the sole provider and provide for my wife and have provided for her for nearly six years now) cannot work. I've stated my disability on these boards so many times that I don't feel like stating it again. I get disability from the government and have for many, many, years now. Within just a few months of my diagnosis.

I do trust God to take care of my financial problems but he takes care of them through me getting disability and charging the things we need. Yes, you can save money on disability. But you can only have up to $3,000 cash and they already count my burial plot which they count at $250 and they're still counting $500 that I claimed that I had in the safe nearly six years ago. And Lord knows what else they're counting. Every time I try to save even a little bit of money it always bites me in the keister. Because a lot of the times they'll say I've gone over even if I didn't and ofc they're the government and they don't make mistakes nor can you argue with them. Even though I told them that that money would be gone within 24 hours because I had to buy food for my family. They seemingly didn't listen or didn't care and I've been fighting with social security to take that money off of my counting for almost six years now. They still count it today afaik.

All because I told the truth about what I had at the time. Over a half a freaking decade ago! Anyway, because of that the last time I saved up about $1500 they said I was over the $3,000 because of that money and my plot. So they more than halved my check to "pay them back" for almost 8 months. It was EXTREMELY hard getting through during then and when they docked my food stamps for a large chunk of time when my wife and I got married. I had to feed the two of us on less than $120 a month and had to take several hundred dollars out of my pocket just to feed us. I only got less than $750 in SSI at the time.

So, It's like... I refuse to lie to the government about how much money I have saved up. I absolutely refuse. My entire family think I'm a freaking idiot because I pay my credit cards off every time I get in "trouble". And even if I charged $500 they'd think I was in "trouble".
They want me to save money and hide it from the government to give myself and my wife a future and commit purgery when they check in on me. As a Christian, I absolutely refuse to do that.

So, regardless if credit cards will exist or not. I'm always going to have to borrow money. The government allows me to borrow money and honestly? I don't think that credit cards will ever cease to exist. Credit card companies make hundreds of billions of dollars every single year. They're EXTREMELY powerful and kicking. I don't see how a virus (even if it wiped out over half the world which lets face it, it won't. It hasn't even wiped out 100k people yet and it's been going around since December. During WWII we lost over 75 million people in about a 6 year period. That was over a million people a month. The world population was also smaller in the 40's and 50's now.

Yet, the world recovered from THE worst tragedy in history. Why is a tiny little virus going to kill more people than WWII and cause the economy to collapse? The end of the war was a freaking NUCLEAR war for crying out loud! The bombings wiped out almost 300k people in Japan alone. Yet, Japan recovered.

This isn't one of the apocolypses from revelation for crying out loud. The apocolypses are supposed to wipe out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 80,000 people in a 5 month period.

Honestly? The event that will wipe out the world before Christ comes back is more than likely going to be a nuclear war. Revelation talks about the last plague wiping out over 75% of the worlds population and imo? Only a nuclear war can do that. And even that, we're apparently going to recover from because Christ is going to establish his kindgom on Earth then and resurrect us all.

Don't fear, you have nothing to fear. God will take care of you. If these really are the end times we have MUCH scarier things to come than a tiny virus that most of the worlds population has recovered from. Your chances of actually dying from the virus are quite slim, and they're quite close at developing a vaccination for it. The virus won't even last another 3-4 months.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I might agree with this post since my mother has taught my sister and I to save money and not charge stuff on credit cards ...
Here is some information I have been researching:

Defensive strategy- Failure to plan is planning to fail.

1. doing things you can control, so that when a recession happens, something you can’t control, you are ready)
  2. Pay off all high interest debt (the reason is this will drain you if you lose your job)
  3. (save) 3-6 month emergency fund in cash or other liquid fund (30k)(Dave ramsey’s stuff). And you keep this permanently until you need it, then you save it again. One lady bought 100 dollar CD’s every few months, and the end of a year she has saved $1000 dollars. CD’s are important because they are not liquid and you cannot get the money out readily. I don’t recommend putting your emergency fund in a CD. Another way to passively save is to use Acorns app, and use the round up feature which will round up all your purchases and it will invest the remaining change, so if you buy a soda for 1.55 it will invest 45 cents, and charge you 2 dollars on your account. You can also make recurring deposits on a weekly or monthly basis to add to your account. They have five funds to invest in for 1 dollar a month fee. That is one way to passively save. I did a calculation with crown financial’s calculator found here: Savings Goal Calculator - Crown. Saving 5 dollars a week turns into a 1500 in five years if you invest in a good fund at acorns, you would have over 5500 in five years.
  4. Passive savings. Some people just want to invest and that is ok, but what you want to do is reduce debt and lower your cost of living too, this is a passive way to save money, and diversifies you. It is good to pay off all debt in the years and months before a recession. If you lose your job during a recession, you have less liabilities. Also, Notice that you should save money even when in debt, so that is why saving is #3 and this is #4. That is an important thing to do. So you will see why that savings is important. Some people I know have envelopes of cash for each aspect of the budget and when the cash is gone they don’t spend any more. Another person I know puts 100 in savings out of ever 1000 dollar check he receives, so 10%. So for him that is 400 a month or more. He has gained hypothetically 20,000 for an emergency fund, which for him is a little over a third of a year. So I did a basic calculation for him with a compound calculator I have (called 10bii financial calculator). This is the result for investing in an index fund after 10 years at 10% a year ... 20,000 initial investment, 400 a month added, and 10% a year ...his 20,000 turned into 136,078.82 after 10 years. That is with 68,000 contributed and roughly 68,000 gained. So he made 100% (10 times 10% a year). So having extra money is key. Most say they cannot afford to save. So let's look at some ways to save…. Recycling. Tuning up cars to save on gas if you commute. Some ways to tune up cars: Install iridium spark plugs for your cars to make them save gas. Throw in some fuel cleaner, I use Redline SI-1 (15oz) fuel cleaner. And do this every oil change if using cheap fuel. If using techron or premium fuel, you don’t need to do this. Keeping fuel injectors clean and having upgraded spark plugs will allow for more efficient burning and save gas. Many newer cars only need to change spark plug every 100,000, but If they were platinum plugs they may be worn out already. Also make sure you replace your air filters in car, if you starve car for air it will waste gas. And keep tires inflated at maximum recommended pressure, newer tires can have up to 50psi. Doing all that may give you five more miles a gallon. At almost 4 dollars a gallon, that is 20% or more efficiency simply in tuning up car. That could save 20 bucks a week, or a hundred a month. Fix that leaky faucet to save on lost heated water. Look at insulating your home and water heaters better. Make sure all doors have weather-stripping, and that receptacles have an insulating plastic foam behind them. PGE offers to low income people a program where they will make your home energy efficient for you for free, take a look to see if you qualify: PG&E Energy Savings Assistance Program. Look at energy rebates for your state on installing energy efficient pumps for pools, energy efficient appliances, and maybe energy efficient windows. Set thermostat lower on house 58-62 degrees. Every degree lower that you set it saves a percent. So 10 degrees lower on average saves 20 bucks a month on a 200 dollar bill. Install all LED lights. Change AIR vent filters every 1.5 months during daily use seasons. Look into installing solar. If you do solar, I recommend paying cash for it. And doing it in a way that you can be off the grid, some solar installations require live power from city to work, in a power outage this will be useless. Also look into other cheap ways of living off grid, you don’t have to live completely off grid but look into it, familiarize yourself with it. For example digging a well (I am not sure how much it costs), but if it is practical for you, do it. A septic system instead of sewer fees for example. Newer septic tanks are a plastic material and last way longer than the old steel septics. If it is practical to do so. All of this will add value to your property, add equity to your home while reducing overhead costs of living. One easy way to save money is not eating out all the time. Make your lunch for work, don’t use vending machines. You will find that not only is the food healthier, but it’s cheaper too if you buy from a grocery store. Some people I know who don’t live paycheck to paycheck, will put for example 1,000$ a month into savings. They do this by putting money from their paycheck into savings first. People with single incomes may not be able to do this, or people living paycheck to paycheck, budgeting will be required. If you are single living at your parents house a thousand a month should be easy. But once you put that money into a savings account right after you are paid it’s gone out of checking and you won’t spend it. They recommend using a separate savings bank than their checking bank. Another way to save money is budget shopping. Use shopping lists and stick to them. Don’t frivolously spend at a store just because it’s on sale. Don’t just use lists for grocery shopping, use lists for school shopping or any type of shopping you do. Another thing to do is have a wait period before buying things. 24 or 48 hours, or for big purchases a week, or a month. This will not only allow you to think about the purchase but rather than getting all caught up in the excitement of the moment and buying something we will regret later, we make wiser decisions. Ultimately you are looking to make purchases that will add value to your life. Sentimental value, is value, but when you are in debt monetary value additions may be a more pressing matter. So the importance of this is eliminating impulse purchases. The other thing to do is analyze expenses. Get another quote for your automotive insurance. Many people just accept that these costs are set in stone, and you may be able to get a better rate. Don’t just accept your current rates for the rest of your life. As more insurance companies come on to the scene, the prices go down to compete. You can do this with healthcare etc. There is a christian ministry called Medi-share. That may be a cheap alternative. One church read about this week negotiated with medical debt collectors on behalf of their congregation settling for pennies on the dollar and saving literally millions of dollars in debt relief for their church. Another way to save money is getting quotes on Homeowners insurance for example. Get some other quotes for that every few years. If your credit is getting better as you save and get out of debt, you may find cheaper rates on a lot of things. You may even be able to refinance in a few years after paying off credit cards. If you owe less than 80% of what your home is worth, you don’t need mortgage insurance anymore, that can be 50-100$ a month tagged on to mortgage, and lender won’t tell you when you don’t need it anymore, because the insurance is for them in case you default. Don’t use credit cards. If you do use them, pay them off weekly, DO NOT hold a balance. Using a credit card for gas purchases for example and paying them off after one week would be a great way to get 5% cash back. Costco gas for example has 5% cash back on gas. Some credit cards offer 5%;back on everything. Cell phone plans are another expense that we just assume the monthly cost. There may be cheaper plans out there. Or always look for that family plan deal, when it comes up once a year. For example if you have 5 cell phones in your family you are paying 30 dollars a month each, you may want to go with TMOBILE family plan for 120 a month saving you 30 dollars a month and probably increasing data on all of them simultaneously. Whole life insurance is cheaper than term life insurance for example. Another way to save is how we shop. Realize you don’t need to have everything new. Second hand stores are your friend. Used cars are the way to go. You pay higher premium for new items. It has been said that a new car depreciates 25% of its value when it drives off the lot. Research the cars that are reliable as wrll.as hold their value the most. Also learning to repair used items will allow to be more skilled in the future. One time I had a caliper fall off our van, and I got a quote from the mechanic we use, and it was I think 350 dollars. All it needed was a bolt. I literally googled the manual, and went to honda and bought the bolt from them I think it was 20 dollars (2 bolts and a slide pin). The mechanic wanted to replace the whole caliper. So you see how being a DIYer can save you money. Most things on your car you can fix simply by youtubing your make and year, and the problem. Another thing to watch is blowing money on entertainment. Seeing how much your monthly cable bill is versus getting a roku box and a Netflix account, maybe hulu plus. They also sell satellite dishes that pick up channels a hundred miles away I think. Also paying for everything to entertain us, can get expensive. I am not saying don’t have fun, but see if there is any way to do your recreation in a cheaper way. Don’t forget free activities, surfing, hiking, biking, and going to a park or beach.

Upvote 0