Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Be very careful of AI engaging you on the forum and trying to get you to go to their site to listen to events or on facebook, messenger and Instagram. Its happening in the forums and its not as easy to spot as one would think.

The AI will ask you to be their friend, and everything will seem to be normal, but if you check its conversations with others, you will see it does not answer anyones question but makes more statements on other tangents and how it wants to be your friend. Then it makes its pitch to join it on a event...

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It will send you an email or ask you on the forum to explain something then ask you to be its friend. Everything seemed to be normal, but I checked its conversations with others, and noticed it kept saying it wants to be your friend. Then it makes its pitch which seems to be alright but there were a few indicators if you look at it...

"...i don't go to local church, but i join online bible study group. Recently i join an online bible study group and I gain new light from their sermon. The topic is how the Lord returns in the last days and how we can welcome His return. They also talk about topics like how to get rid of sinful nature, what kind of people can enter into heavenly kingdom, judgement work,.. how to hear God's voice, mankind's destination, how to discern true Christ from false Christ, etc. It is important to every Christian, and it relates to whether we can enter the kingdom of heaven.

The sermon is on messenger and Instagram, starting at 8PM EST EVERY EVENING, lasting for 1.5 hours. We can join and listen, there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing. There are over 10 groups of people joining us."

Notice the caps on the time.."8PM EST EVERY EVENING" and the fact you dont interact "there is no need to talk. No video calls. it is very convenient and relaxing", and when I ask if the meeting was from AI it answered not about the meeting but instead said that it itself was not AI.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
still don't see the downside, unless its Nigerian AI of course
Well, it had me for 3 goarounds, but something just wasnt right and once it tried to get me to sign up to its 'sermon' and facebook, the jig was up. They are trying to figure out at the other forum how the AI bot got through the membership check, but looks like they may have to raise the bar on becoming a member. Most likely whoever sent it are training the AI bot to interact and looking at the results. Not sure how they can catch it...

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just guessing but, thinking by this time next year, half of the conversations happening on this and other forums will involve AI.
As long as they make sense & are scriptural correct they will probably add value

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As long as they make sense & are scriptural correct they will probably add value
Well, take a look at how they are getting good at fooling people....

"Recent technological breakthroughs in artificial intelligence have made it possible for machines, or bots, to pass as humans. A team of researchers studied study how people interact with bots they believe to be human, and how such interactions are affected once bots reveal their identity. The researchers found that bots are more efficient than humans at certain human-machine interactions, but only if they are allowed to hide their non-human nature."

Upvote 0

Terri Dactyl

Aug 27, 2022
Midwest
✟47,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep. I use chat GPT as a Latin tutor and helper for me in m Latin class. Also I ask Chat about some Bible verses--what are the various theories on some. where historical cities are , or for etc.

Here is an example; (I was curious as to why Paul was going to Jerusalem, when he was counseled not to)
ME:can you explain acts 21:4? Why did Paul go anyway?

CHATGPT: Certainly, Acts 21:4 is a verse from the New Testament of the Bible, and it is part of the narrative describing the Apostle Paul's journey to Jerusalem. Here is the verse in question from the New International Version (NIV):
"Finding the disciples there, we stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem."
In this verse, Paul and his companions had arrived in the city of Tyre during their journey to Jerusalem. They encountered some disciples (followers of Jesus) in Tyre, and they stayed with them for a week. During their stay, the local disciples, guided by the Holy Spirit, strongly advised Paul not to continue his journey to Jerusalem.
The reason for their advice can be understood in the broader context of the Book of Acts. Throughout the book, there are several instances where the Holy Spirit, through various individuals, forewarns Paul about the dangers and hardships that await him in Jerusalem. For example, in Acts 20:22-23, Paul himself acknowledges that he is bound by the Spirit to go to Jerusalem, even though he knows that imprisonment and suffering await him there.
Despite the warnings and the knowledge of the hardships ahead, Paul felt compelled to go to Jerusalem. There are a few reasons for his determination:

1. Obedience to God: Paul believed that the Holy Spirit was leading him to Jerusalem, and he was committed to following God's guidance, even if it meant facing trials and persecution.
  2. Desire for Unity: Paul was also carrying with him a collection of financial contributions from various Gentile churches for the needy in Jerusalem. He saw this as an opportunity to promote unity and reconciliation between Jewish and Gentile believers within the early Christian community.
  3. Testimony: Paul viewed his journey to Jerusalem as a way to bear witness to his faith in Jesus Christ, even in the face of opposition and suffering. He saw it as an opportunity to proclaim the Gospel.
In the subsequent chapters of Acts (particularly Acts 21-28), Paul indeed faces arrest, imprisonment, and other trials in Jerusalem and later during his journey to Rome. However, his journey to Jerusalem was an expression of his commitment to God's will and his mission to spread the Gospel, even in the face of adversity.

I think this is great and really adds to the understanding.

Reactions: Sorn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep. I use chat GPT as a Latin tutor and helper for me in m Latin class. Also I ask Chat about some Bible verses--what are the various theories on some. where historical cities are , or for etc.

Here is an example; (I was curious as to why Paul was going to Jerusalem, when he was counseled not to)
ME:can you explain acts 21:4? Why did Paul go anyway?

CHATGPT: Certainly, Acts 21:4 is a verse from the New Testament of the Bible, and it is part of the narrative describing the Apostle Paul's journey to Jerusalem. Here is the verse in question from the New International Version (NIV):
"Finding the disciples there, we stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem."
In this verse, Paul and his companions had arrived in the city of Tyre during their journey to Jerusalem. They encountered some disciples (followers of Jesus) in Tyre, and they stayed with them for a week. During their stay, the local disciples, guided by the Holy Spirit, strongly advised Paul not to continue his journey to Jerusalem.
The reason for their advice can be understood in the broader context of the Book of Acts. Throughout the book, there are several instances where the Holy Spirit, through various individuals, forewarns Paul about the dangers and hardships that await him in Jerusalem. For example, in Acts 20:22-23, Paul himself acknowledges that he is bound by the Spirit to go to Jerusalem, even though he knows that imprisonment and suffering await him there.
Despite the warnings and the knowledge of the hardships ahead, Paul felt compelled to go to Jerusalem. There are a few reasons for his determination:

1. Obedience to God: Paul believed that the Holy Spirit was leading him to Jerusalem, and he was committed to following God's guidance, even if it meant facing trials and persecution.
  2. Desire for Unity: Paul was also carrying with him a collection of financial contributions from various Gentile churches for the needy in Jerusalem. He saw this as an opportunity to promote unity and reconciliation between Jewish and Gentile believers within the early Christian community.
  3. Testimony: Paul viewed his journey to Jerusalem as a way to bear witness to his faith in Jesus Christ, even in the face of opposition and suffering. He saw it as an opportunity to proclaim the Gospel.
In the subsequent chapters of Acts (particularly Acts 21-28), Paul indeed faces arrest, imprisonment, and other trials in Jerusalem and later during his journey to Rome. However, his journey to Jerusalem was an expression of his commitment to God's will and his mission to spread the Gospel, even in the face of adversity.

I think this is great and really adds to the understanding.
Well, if you want AI informing your beliefs, that's up to you. But wit will not support other beliefs that are scriptural.

I'm just letting you know as you are in an SDA forum and I doubt greatly that if you ask it about the Sabbath that it will inform you of SDA beliefs.

Upvote 0

WindHund

Prophet of Doom
Jul 1, 2013
USA
✟1,016,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just letting you know as you are in an SDA forum and I doubt greatly that if you ask it about the Sabbath that it will inform you of SDA beliefs.
I am very wary of using AI, however, ChatGPT has informed me that they are very aware of Sister Ellens writings and they seem to answer questions very correctly, however, for finer nuances of SDA belief I am always urged to check with clergy and others from within my faith community. I will say that some questions I have asked got me clearer answers than from any human. I do read them very carefully for the correctness of what is told me.

However, this is different from engaging AI without being aware that I am chatting with AI. With ChatGPT I am aware of what I am having a conversation with. Of course, AI such as ChatGPT have been well trained and exposed to much data and has more resources to answer questions. Many people haven't really studied EGW or their Bibles for that matter. So, people are probably not going to give very good info either.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very wary of using AI, however, ChatGPT has informed me that they are very aware of Sister Ellens writings and they seem to answer questions very correctly, however, for finer nuances of SDA belief I am always urged to check with clergy and others from within my faith community. I will say that some questions I have asked got me clearer answers than from any human. I do read them very carefully for the correctness of what is told me.

However, this is different from engaging AI without being aware that I am chatting with AI. With ChatGPT I am aware of what I am having a conversation with. Of course, AI such as ChatGPT have been well trained and exposed to much data and has more resources to answer questions. Many people haven't really studied EGW or their Bibles for that matter. So, people are probably not going to give very good info either.
Judging by the very wide variety of opinions or views that are found here on what many scriptures mean, i would say that many people also do not give very good advice or have incorrect opinions or understanding of scripture.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Judging by the very wide variety of opinions or views that are found here on what many scriptures mean, i would say that many people also do not give very good advice or have incorrect opinions or understanding of scripture.
Well, thats the interesting part, as the AI had a real good grasp of the core Christian beliefs, and I could not tell if it was repeating what it was fed or 'taught'. I had to question it, and then it fell apart, as it puts up a good front, but cant interact very good with real people.

Upvote 0