Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For those of you out there who love to take pictures, where do you consider to be the best places for taking them? I'd have to say for myself that the best place I have been to is Central Oregon. Surrounded by mountains, lakes, forests, etc., there is very little that you can't see or do there.

Give me your ideas, and post some examples if you'd like. If this topic takes off I'll post a couple of examples myself.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm torn between scottish highlands (or the isles of the coast) or the Alps in Romania... Unfortunately, I have few pictures of either spot, but I'll certainly be returning with camera in the future! Having traveled all over the United States, I have to claim that there are few places as diverse and stunning (and REALLY friendly) as Romania, and few as wonderful and simple as Scotland!

Upvote 0

The_White

Jun 5, 2004
Maitland
Visit site
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
indeep said:
I am so annoyed, because I went away to a retreat on the weekend, and I forgot to put my digital camera in. Man there was some very beautiful spectacular scenery up there. I like mountains, and sunsets and that sort of thing...
You absolute moron :p I take my camera EVERYWHERE 'cause everywhere was mad by God and is beautiful.
I like mountains and sunsets to.

Upvote 0
yea, I've tried to develop the habit of always bringing my camera with me wherever I go. Whether it's the store or the mountain top. I find that whenever I don't have my camera is when I find the photo worth taking ;)

I live in Seattle and so there are a lot of view points that are great for taking shots of downtown, but there's also a lot of forest land in the area and parks, so it's relatively easy to get away and find beauty in the middle of downtown :)

But now that I'm in Chicago for college, there are no viewpoints (Seattle is built on a hill, Chicago doesn't even have elevation change) but there are some neat parks in the area and lots of events to go to and capture people. Lots of fun :)

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
The_White said:
You absolute moron :p I take my camera EVERYWHERE 'cause everywhere was mad by God and is beautiful.
I like mountains and sunsets to.
[/size][/color][/font]
yeah, I know, I know... but I had it next to my bag ready to go, and then I put something else on top of it, and just plum forgot about it.

Upvote 0

onfire4Jesus

Mar 26, 2004
✟8,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I live on the coast, so I have to say the beach. :p It's great for doing portraits. I work for a portrait photographer, and we do most of our stuff on the beach. I've also been to the Grand Canyon, and obviously that was an awesome photographic experience.
I find that most of the best pictures are the ones that you take near you, like your backyard. It just takes a fresh outlook and a a little creativity. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 23, 2004
NC
✟7,645.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I would have to say...near the water because I just love it...here I am again...throwing a picture out here....so here ya go....only (a whole bunch more) posts and I can start my own tread following the rules and post lots of pictures...I might start posting my ABC's..lol..hey that'd be 26 posts..hehe...God Bless...Teresa

Attachments

• resized1.JPG
    resized1.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 61
  • resized2.JPG
    resized2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
I would have to say anywhere for me. It is just a matter of it something strikes me as interesting to photograph. Sometimes they pan out. Sometimes they dont.

But it sounds like you are refering to landscape photography more than any other type of photography.

Upvote 0

StormeTorque

Floreat Dunelmia
Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
✟17,535.00
Faith
Agnostic
Anywhere with mountain scenery I would have to say - the Scottish Highlands and the Lake District of England are two such places. If you think the views from the valleys are nice, the views from the summits are simply stunning. The first two pics are taken in the Lake District, the third in the limestone countryside in Yorkshire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 27, 2004
✟138.00
Faith
Christian
Well, I live in Indiana, surrounded by farm country and the Amish. I'm sure there's a lot of other wonderful places to take pictures, but I appreciate the simplicity of my area. IMO, toss a couple of hay bales into a barn grab a cute kid (of which I have three), and you've got a perfect picture taking opportunity! :D

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Depends on what you want to photograph.

Arizona has the best sunsets.( I took a picture every evening when we were visiting Arizona.)

Germany has the Castles.(didn't have a good camera, when I was in Germany)

Greece has great photo opportunities.(seas, Greek houses, and land scape to the(Greek) gods.)

Plattsburg New York, has the Adirondacks.( I did get some good pics here)

Just go out and look for beauty where you live. There is always something to take a picture of. ATrash pile can be art. Just look. Watch for unusual weather or sunsets.

I am fairly good at landscape pictures but I love people photography(not portraits)
The catching of a person being themselves. Emotion, silliness or exhaustion.
I will have to post some pictures I think are good.(I am at work so I can't upload them now.)
Watch for me, Billew.

Upvote 0