• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Best date ever?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Sunshinee777, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Sunshinee777

Sunshinee777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,682
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    So if someone is asking you for a date, where you would want to go?

1) first date?
    2) second date?
    3) third date?

I just found out my dream date place like the best thing ever... lol.
    It’s called ”Activate” im so sad we don’t have those here in Finland. It looks super fun.
    https://activate.ca/burlington

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Interesting thread. It depends on the person. More than 10 years ago I had a fun date where we started off running on the beach, exploring a place that was rumored to be a FEMA camp (the guy kind of dwelled on conspiracies) and we got run off by a guy in a big pickup truck with a cowboy boots and hat, went to another Beach and I wrote his name in the sand with my dress leather heeled boots (he took a picture and it's like I'm floating in heaven. He called it an angel) and then for dinner. It was kind of adventurous and he was bragging to his dad about that date when he got back home.

Another date that was a lot of fun was in Chicago, it was our second date. We explored the magnificent Mile. My first time there. I loved seeing the architecture and was surprised by the friendliness of people helping when I needed maybe some advice or direction to where to go.

Another date, some years ago, was in New Orleans. I had met him in Biloxi and we were going to be in New Orleans at the same time. Unfortunately it wasn't that great of a date. But I have good memories about my stay in New Orleans -doing a 2-hour run, visiting and Rice's house and looking at architecture, and staying at a bed and breakfast for under $40 for the night with a claw tub bathtub and breakfast by a pool. The best part of all of that was the stories that I shared with some of the locals.

Lastly, there was a guy that I went on a date with, 18 years old and in the Japanese Army. He had a Peugeot and driving gloves. He took me up to chichibu, Japan where there were these Waters with ionic properties. You could feel the freshness and the change of oxygen once you got there. It was a really interesting experience to be in a car like that and how he wore gloves for that. There was a 12-year age difference too.

I can think of other dates in the past, it wasn't always about the place but having something with adventure in it or an experience or stories to tell after. That would be my ideal date.

3. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I had trouble accessing this link but I think I got the just of what this is about. It sounds like a digital form of escape rooms in a sense. Looks like fun and I'm sure that if you keep searching you will find something similar in your area.

4. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

+3,436
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    First date:
    Coffee

Second date:
    Walking downtown, and maybe catching a concert at one of the local music venues

Third date:
    Visiting nearby historical sites and museums

Really though, any public place where we can eat, walk, and share pleasant conversation is a good start. I've taken dates to fairs, car shows, mini golf, and flea markets. Those can be fun. My approach to the early stages of dating is low key. Only after we've been dating for a sufficiently long time, do things like musical theater and fancy dinners enter the picture.

That does look fun. I'd be into taking a date there.

5. Sunshinee777

+1,682
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    :):D:D
    First date on the beach sounds very nice. Would be so nice to have a little picnic or something.
    Your dates sound very adventurous, Thanks for sharing!

6. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+717
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I love going to sporting events so would love that. Probably not necessarily the most "date" thing in the world & definitely wouldn't be till later in the relationship, but whatever.

I love going to parks so picnic at the park, then walk around the park.

First dates are usually just getting to know the person. Like at McDonald's my counselor says.

Definitely beach. Especially here in West MI. I go to Lake Michigan several times every summer.

Miniature golf. Zoo. Movie theater (I'm not as big into movies but still fun)

Winter's tougher honestly.

7. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Thank you! I didn't say it but also a memorable date that I had was a picnic. Because it was the pandemic, I tried to have social distancing by being outdoors. A second date with a guy who had dogs he worried about at home, one of them was crippled in a wheelchair and had episodes when he was away too long. so I asked him about bringing the dogs the second date.. and I can't remember if he proposed the picnic. But we co-organized everything including the grocery list the week before. I brought the cardboard table and chairs, he brought a range Rover picnic basket (really cute by the way) and even sparkling water that we could pour into wine glasses. Everyone that was driving by in that area was admiring our picnic. There were picnic tables but we got to choose our own perfect spot (lakeside and shaded) with the dogs away from everyone.

I hope someday that you can have that picnic date. It's a lot of fun. I had one with someone else for a first date. I've been blessed overall with good experiences except maybe a few not worth mentioning.

8. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm sorry but I love to dream and I want to add dates as my wish list:

Tailgating at a college football game
    4th date - yacht or boat
    5th date -Big city, high heels and fancy
    restaurant
    Cooking class
    Swing dance lesson
    Golf lesson
    8th date - tour of their town and house.
    Dream - etiquette class or charm School
    Ski trip or snowshoeing
    Finding a hole in the wall place in a fancy neighborhood
    ATV off-road
    Target practice
    Movies on an outdoor screen maybe in the backyard at a friend's place
    Board game night with my dates friends
    Using coupons when able to at restaurants
    Surf luau by Lake Michigan
    Longboarding in the fall on my longboards

Maybe stand up paddle board -even cooler if we could have a picnic on our paddle boards out in the middle of nowhere

Ice fishing or ice skating
    Mountain biking, I have done this once but not with a date.
    Apple picking or blueberry picking or lavender farm

Amusement park
    People watching date
    Geocache
    Spontaneous date. Pre-planned date on the calendar but the date would be arranging everything to be whisked away to. It would be a day that we normally wouldn't spend time together and doing something we normally wouldn't be doing.
    Historical church visit. Might be a good opportunity to discuss each of our spiritual heritage
    Virtual reality date. I don't know if it exists yet but it would be interesting
    Volunteering at a state park together for cleaning up and clearing trails
    Revival tent meeting
    Visiting a Bible Garden. We have a couple within a 50 mile range
    Mystery dinner or a mystery clue scavenger hunt with groups of others in a town
    University free lecture
    Astronomy night gazing at one of the universities or nature centers in a state park that is offering it

Visiting garage sales
    Toboggan date. That one would be an overnight trip since it's about a 3 hour drive from here.
    Firehouse pancake breakfast date
    Volunteering at a homeless shelter
    Rental bike date
    Sunrise date. Need to go on a hike with a group of others before the sun rises. Hike to a lake and have breakfast items in our backpack. Once getting to the lake we can sit and have a breakfast together and hike back. I actually did that in college with some friends, I organized. They all were foreign students from Asia. It was really difficult but so beautiful to see that sun rising.

Much much later, Bible study class and Sunday service together. I'd say after 2 months. Much much later camping. Much much later after 2 months maybe helping each other in each other's yards with yard work. All that dating I think we will need some extra help in catching up with the yards. Much later of course, a 5K run date.
    Luxury car rental -sports car

Sorry my list could go on and on. I have so many ideas that I hope to bring into a marriage.

9. Sunshinee777

+1,682
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Flea market date sounds fun. I never tought it before. That might be good place where to learn more about your date I mean disgussing what kind of things you like and share memories of childhood and such.

10. DragonFox91

+717
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I like almost all those ideas.

11. DragonFox91

+717
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Wrong thread.

12. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Thank you! Some of those ideas I got from a book. I also wanted to put them out there as a resource for people looking for ideas.

13. Sunshinee777

+1,682
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Very useful list, thank you very much!
    What is mystery dinner?

14. sampa

sampa Veteran

+1,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I haven't been to one yet but I think it's something like a dinner where everyone goes and maybe a person gets murdered, fake though, and everyone has to figure out who did it. I think you dress in certain types of clothes for that dinner also. I have a friend that did it and she said it was a lot of fun.

15. Sunshinee777

+1,682
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    That’s funny :D major icebreaker lol