Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What the video in the OP inadvertently accomplishes is demonstrating why Bernie Sanders would be infinitely more adept at "holding up against Putin" than Donald Trump.

This week alone Donald Trump, while representing the United States of America on foreign soil, trashed a former U.S. president and praised a former KGB officer. His virulent emotions towards President Obama, and his ego, were prioritized in his indefensibly and extraordinarily unpatriotic conduct, rather than putting allegiance to his country first. Though it's unequivocally not in America's national security interest to offer a gift to Putin considering his chronic cybersecurity attacks on us, with nothing to be received in return for our country, that's what Trump has fervently advocated. All Putin will offer is some cheap flattery that Trump will accept. He pushed Dan Coats, our former director of National Intelligence to resignation due to his repeated prioritization of his ego over the facts presented by our intelligence community.

Bernie's ego is not like a feral cat that must constantly be fed and yet will still wildly lash out. If he did let his ego rule him, he wouldn't take the risk of punching a speed bag on camera, absolutely knowing the probable chance of precisely what we saw happening, while on video. He wouldn't have thrown his head back in delighted laughter, at himself. Growing old is a mandatory part of the gift of longevity, growing up is treated by some as being optional, and one of the first measures of being grown is being able to laugh at yourself; something some are unable to accomplish no matter their age. It's actually a healthy demonstration of mental strength and emotional maturity. You're not going to see Bernie lash out in rage over people on the internet mocking the video. He has more important things to do.

The video, though doctored, is also unintentionally a metaphor for Bernie's style of learning how to roll with the punches. Of course anyone who ever gets into the ring or takes a swing at the speed bag accepts the risk of being hit. In the literal sense it's alluding to a boxer's ability to deflect the full force of an opponent's blow by adroitly moving his body. He maneuvers in such a way not to avoid the punches but to roll with them. It appears less aggressive, weak and foolish even, but it is strategic, relying on wisdom, endurance and skill. It's to wear the opponent down until the best moment to strike back. It takes humility. In the metaphorical sense, it's the ability to adapt to difficulties by accepting them and strategically persevering, in making calculated moves. In contrast, Trump has bragged that when he's "punched" he'll punch back 10 times harder. And he perceives being laughed at as a punch to his ego, instead of having the strength to roll with it and move forward.

What has any of this got to do with Bernie getting walloped by a punching bag and then actually allowing it to be videotaped?

Nice try tho'.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of silly, that video is the epitome of it.

It's almost like it's a cartoon the way that punching bag came back at Bernie.

C'mon, this was a reeeeeally baaaad idea.

It's a completely harmless and meaningless non-thing.

It's funny, but it's hardly counter-productive or problematic in the overall context of who Bernie is or his presidential campaign.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's all they got.
The same sad old story.
Trump supporters ready for 2020.
M-Bob

I agree.

Apparently Bernie doesn't want to win this presidential election either, just like the last time he ran.

LOL!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a completely harmless and meaningless non-thing.

It's funny, but it's hardly counter-productive or problematic in the overall context of who Bernie is or his presidential campaign.

-CryptoLutheran
It's funny,
i agree. it IS funny.

^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
''

LOL! Good ole Bernie. He does have a great sense of humor.. doesn't he? ^_^

Yes, even if it's unintentional, and it brings to mind what one should NOT do and lo and behold to, of all things, VIDEOTAPE it.

^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Putin makes a fool out of himself many times. Have you seen him trying to play hockey? Lol

The speed bag is all about timing and it makes many inexperienced people look bad. Old men should not try to act young again, we only make ourselves look foolish.
Old men should not try to act young again, we only make ourselves look foolish.
i agree.

^_^

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, even if it's unintentional, and it brings to mind what one should NOT do and lo and behold to, of all things, VIDEOTAPE it.

^_^

mmmhmmm. You keep on trying to justify your attempts at making a mockery out of this good man. BTW.. I'm not a Bernie presidential supporter. I do think he's a delight though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
mmmhmmm. You keep on trying to justify your attempts at making a mockery out of this good man. BTW.. I'm not a Bernie presidential supporter. I do think he's a delight though.

Merely saying the obvious.

I didn't put myself in that video.

He did.

Thus my reaction, sister.

It's hilarious.

(Any mockery however is self-imposed by Bernie himself. That's why i posted that he probably should've never had a boxing match with a punching bag and then VIDEOTAPED it).

LOL!

• Friendly
Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Merely saying the obvious.

I didn't put myself in that video.

He did.

Thus my reaction, sister.

It's hilarious.

(Any mockery however is self-imposed by Bernie himself. That's why i posted that he probably should've never had a boxing match with a punching bag and then VIDEOTAPED it).

LOL!

Bernie is a good man. He doesn't need to spend his time dodging video cameras. And in this day and age .. you really can't avoid someone posting edited video on the internet. It was funny, yes. And adorable. But the 'adorable' part is in the eye of the beholder. I saw an old man, in the wisdom of humor, catering in kindness to a woman who was obviously delighted. I suspect the only thing you saw was the edited video of a "democrat".

Speaking in regards to 'self imposed' mockery.. I do agree with you on the term. There is indeed a clown in the White House.^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Bernie is a good man. He doesn't need to spend his time dodging video cameras. And in this day and age .. you really can't avoid someone posting edited video on the internet. It was funny, yes. And adorable. But the 'adorable' part is in the eye of the beholder. I saw an old man, in the wisdom of humor, catering in kindness to a woman who was obviously delighted. I suspect the only thing you saw was the edited video of a "democrat".

Speaking in regards to 'self imposed' mockery.. I do agree with you on the term. There is indeed a clown in the White House.^_^
I suspect the only thing you saw was the edited video of a "democrat".
No, i'm sure that's Bernie in the video.

^_^

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Warning this is not very pretty.
Makes one wonder
how he would hold up against Putin?

That's a speedball, not a punchbag. Actually his moves aren't terrible, for an old dude, a few pointers and I think he might be able to throw a decent punch. I don't see what it has to do with politics, though.

What is it that you like about Putin?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't have anything substantive to critique, so they grasp at the ridiculous. Expect Trump Supporters to get more silly and desperate as we get closer to the election.

-CryptoLutheran

I think the tendency is more like find every opportunity to kick the opposition in the ribs when they're down than silly and desperate.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think the tendency is more like find every opportunity to kick the opposition in the ribs when they're down than silly and desperate.

Ummmmm the only kicking here was Bernie "kicking himself" (or getting himself punched).

C'mon, you gotta admit, it's hilarious.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummmmm the only kicking here was Bernie "kicking himself" (or getting himself punched).

C'mon, you gotta admit, it's hilarious.

^_^

Tbh I don't find some cretin pointlessly mocking an old guy very funny.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Ummmm Bernie put himself right in there and then had it RECORDED.

I do agree that he should've probably not done that.

He brought it on himself.

^_^

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Agreed. The mockery of Senator Sanders in this thread reminds me of Donald Trump and how he cruelly mocks other people. A Christian, on the other hand, should be a better person than that.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Agreed. The mockery of Senator Sanders in this thread reminds me of Donald Trump and of how he cruelly mocks other people. Christians, on the other hand, should behave better than that.

It appears that Bernie has done this to himself.

He should've refrained from recording it, at least.

The video is funny.

Why he allowed it to be videotaped is beyond me.

:doh:

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It appears that Bernie has done this to himself.

He should've refrained from recording it, at least.

The video is funny.

Why he allowed it to be videotaped is beyond me.

:doh:

Blaming Bernie Sanders for repeatedly mocking him because he chose to have his actions recorded (for whatever reason) is nothing more than an excuse. Christians should be better than that.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0