Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Simple -- he should have practiced first.

Did he not read the sign out front?

WARNING
You are entering a gym.
Exercise equipment can be dangerous to your health.

M-Bob
If you've ever been to a gym you'd know that they don't have signs saying "WARNING You are entering a gym" Funny though! LOL

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You would?

I don't think he would - Trump is not a physically adept person, he's flabby and weak and a paper bag would put him down.

You lost track of the thread.
Bernie
I wish more would pay attention.
Maybe that's why we have all these problems?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The video posted by the OP is edited. Though, I think that one is cute too. Also, we see who ole Bernie is showing off for! ^_^

EC2oIhpXUAAJfEf

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, a Trump punching bag! Even has the orange hair and his nickname and everything! Yeah, Bernie would handle this one no problem!

Actually the hairdo looks more like Bernies than Trumps, besides it's red anyway.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the hairdo looks more like Bernies than Trumps, besides it's red anyway.
Actually that's what Trump looks like without the hamster-looking combover. And it's orange.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I mean, probably. There's plenty of silly things I've done that have been caught on film. In my 20's some friends and myself went into a park and slid down one of those fully enclosed slides. I got stuck and had to awkwardly shimmy the rest of the way down.

-CryptoLutheran

LOL!

Yes, but were you running for President?

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Possible running mate for Bernie?
M-Bob

Lol. Why would Bernie pick Trump for his running mate? You're wanting to mock Bernie bc of him playing around at the gym with a swing bag. Trump can't even close an umbrella properly to get onto a plane. Or make sure he doesn't have toilet paper stuck on his shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What the video in the OP inadvertently accomplishes is demonstrating why Bernie Sanders would be infinitely more adept at "holding up against Putin" than Donald Trump.

This week alone Donald Trump, while representing the United States of America on foreign soil, trashed a former U.S. president and praised a former KGB officer. His virulent emotions towards President Obama, and his ego, were prioritized in his indefensibly and extraordinarily unpatriotic conduct, rather than putting allegiance to his country first. Though it's unequivocally not in America's national security interest to offer a gift to Putin considering his chronic cybersecurity attacks on us, with nothing to be received in return for our country, that's what Trump has fervently advocated. All Putin will offer is some cheap flattery that Trump will accept. He pushed Dan Coats, our former director of National Intelligence to resignation due to his repeated prioritization of his ego over the facts presented by our intelligence community.

Bernie's ego is not like a feral cat that must constantly be fed and yet will still wildly lash out. If he did let his ego rule him, he wouldn't take the risk of punching a speed bag on camera, absolutely knowing the probable chance of precisely what we saw happening, while on video. He wouldn't have thrown his head back in delighted laughter, at himself. Growing old is a mandatory part of the gift of longevity, growing up is treated by some as being optional, and one of the first measures of being grown is being able to laugh at yourself; something some are unable to accomplish no matter their age. It's actually a healthy demonstration of mental strength and emotional maturity. You're not going to see Bernie lash out in rage over people on the internet mocking the video. He has more important things to do.

The video, though doctored, is also unintentionally a metaphor for Bernie's style of learning how to roll with the punches. Of course anyone who ever gets into the ring or takes a swing at the speed bag accepts the risk of being hit. In the literal sense it's alluding to a boxer's ability to deflect the full force of an opponent's blow by adroitly moving his body. He maneuvers in such a way not to avoid the punches but to roll with them. It appears less aggressive, weak and foolish even, but it is strategic, relying on wisdom, endurance and skill. It's to wear the opponent down until the best moment to strike back. It takes humility. In the metaphorical sense, it's the ability to adapt to difficulties by accepting them and strategically persevering, in making calculated moves. In contrast, Trump has bragged that when he's "punched" he'll punch back 10 times harder. And he perceives being laughed at as a punch to his ego, instead of having the strength to roll with it and move forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
LOL!

Yes, but were you running for President?

^_^

If I was running for president I would probably prefer avoiding saying that Mexicans are rapists, or that I can get away with sexually assaulting women. Me looking goofy swinging at a punching bag would be the least of my concerns.

But then I have a conscience and a basic sense of human decency.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I was running for president I would probably prefer avoiding saying that Mexicans are rapists, or that I can get away with sexually assaulting women. Me looking goofy swinging at a punching bag would be the least of my concerns.

-CryptoLutheran

That's all they got.
The same sad old story.
Trump supporters ready for 2020.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's all they got.

I mean silly critics of Donald Trump, being critical of him because of things he's said and done. If the only thing they have are his own words and his own actions, no wonder they can't find anything meaningful to criticize him about.

Now showing a video of an old man not able to punch a speed bag very well? Now that is what valid political commentary looks like.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

-CryptoLutheran

Yet, it's about Bernie and whether he should've done this thing, let alone allowed himself to be videotaped as the punching bag walloped him.

LOL!

^_^

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I mean silly critics of Donald Trump, being critical of him because of things he's said and done. If the only thing they have are his own words and his own actions, no wonder they can't find anything meaningful to criticize him about.

Now showing a video of an old man not able to punch a speed bag very well? Now that is what valid political commentary looks like.

-CryptoLutheran

Speaking of silly, that video is the epitome of it.

It's almost like it's a cartoon the way that punching bag came back at Bernie.

C'mon, this was a reeeeeally baaaad idea.

(and blaming it on Donald Trump or diverting attention away from Bernie's creation of his very own meme, is not gonna "erase" what Bernie himself did.)

LOL!

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0