Not open for further replies.

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Enoch wrote
I thought that side step would come. If you are right then He had no reason to write Chap. 12 and 14 would He? It seems to me that the Cor. church move in the POWER!

I will ignore the accusation that I am side-stepping the issue and simply comment that of course the Corinthian church moved in power. It was often misdirected power and that is the chief reason why Paul wrote the epistle in the first place. Like the Jews Paul wrote about in Romans 10, the Corinthians were "zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge."

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
I have reserved any judgement on Benny Hinn. Although I have followed his ministry off and on before he went on tv. One of the things we are suppose to do is judge these matters among ourselves. That is one reason this is an important thread. We will be able to see the fruits of this ministry.
I do not know personally anyone who was healed, but I do know that there have been healings. Since there have been healings we do not want to go against the works of the Holy Spirit so we must tread carefully.
As far as teleevangelism is concerned, we look down upon it because our opinions are generally shaped by the skepticism of the world. We should take a fresh look and filter out opinions (liberal news media etc) that are in opposition to God completely, who would try to take any christian testimony out of public view.
My Grandmother used to watch Oral Roberts it gave her comfort when she could no longer attend church. Teleevangelism plays an important role in the life of the sick, and elderly. And is necessary as long as the church continues to abandon them, who else are they to turn to for fellowship, or ministry?

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
enoch son said:
I priase God that a brother steps out in faith! Glory to God! "FOR WE SERVE AT HIS GOOD PLEASURE". My brother in law was healed of T.B. has before and after X-rays . The doctor said it was a miracle. Benn hinn meeting three year ago dallas tx.. Glory to God.
You answered your own thread! Praise God there is healing. Why Benny, could it be that it took effort for your brother-in-law to put his faith into action? My son and I recieved healing at a Detroit believers convention almost 25 years ago! Of course there were several Ministers there, including Keith Butler, Kenneth Copeland, and Fred Price.
Let me give you some background to it. My son was 6 years old, he had severe alllergies that caused him pnuemonia every spring, but because of his age the doctor refused to start him on allergy shots, because he felt that when he needed them as he got older they would be ineffective. The last pnuemonia he had was a seriuos lobar pnuemonia, extremely unusual in a child his age.
The faith convention was coming to town. My husband who is always reluctant going new places said that he didn't want to go. I sort of shamed hiim, by saying if the doctor told him we would have to take him to childrens hospital that he would not even hesitate to go and I was taking him if I had to crawl down there with my son on my back! Well we went. I believe it was that faith that God honored. Not that Kenneth and Fred laid hands on us, but that Jesus answered faith that was put forward. My son was healed immediately, and has never suffered with pnuemonia since that time. I did not go for my own healing, but I was healed to from an issue of blood. What a Glorious God we have.

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
crystalpc wrote
Teleevangelism plays an important role in the life of the sick, and elderly. And is necessary as long as the church continues to abandon them, who else are they to turn to for fellowship, or ministry?

Very good point, c. But wouldn’t it be better to caution discernment before encouraging people to tune in to just any old televangelist?

! Timothy 4 “1.The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2.Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. . . . 6.If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed."

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Jim B said:
crystalpc wrote

Very good point, c. But wouldn’t it be better to caution discernment before encouraging people to tune in to just any old televangelist?

! Timothy 4 “1.The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2.Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. . . . 6.If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed."
It would be better to caution the church not to abandon the believers, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
So the OP asks for some testimonies and not debates. Do some need to know what those two words mean? Seems to me if you don't agree with the ministry, you really should post somewhere else, as this really isn't the place for it. But alas, seems some are on a mission to prove they need to give their opinion on everything, even when asked not to.

I'd like to ask if there are any testimonies about his brother as well, if I may.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jim B said:
Lee wrote

Lee,

I am being very careful NOT to pass judgment on Benny Hinn. I don’t know anything about him, nor do I care to know. I am simply not interested in being a part of his ministry. He is doing just fine without me.

But I am not enamored by televangelists and have no desire to become a devotee of Mr. Hinn. If the sick are healed in his crusades, that is great – but many more millions are healed in local churches through God’s humble and anonymous servants every week where God, and not the minister, gets the glory. Signs and wonders are designed, in part, to underscore the message of the Kingdom, not to validate any man’s ministry, be he Benny Hinn or a local pastor.

Why don’t I go to a Benny Hinn meeting? Because I don’t want to. Why should I? God does not require it of me and has not asked me to. I do have a lot of better ways to “redeem the time.” Benny does not need my support and I do not need his ministry.

I also would urge you to take time to find the truth.

Jim
\o/

yes. I see your points.

I will seek the truth onto this. And I am not pondering the contraversy behind Benny Hinn. I am just studying the Pentacostal/Charismatic Movement. That is the whole objective and goal from my study now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
crystalpc said:
I have reserved any judgement on Benny Hinn. Although I have followed his ministry off and on before he went on tv. One of the things we are suppose to do is judge these matters among ourselves. That is one reason this is an important thread. We will be able to see the fruits of this ministry.
I do not know personally anyone who was healed, but I do know that there have been healings. Since there have been healings we do not want to go against the works of the Holy Spirit so we must tread carefully.
As far as teleevangelism is concerned, we look down upon it because our opinions are generally shaped by the skepticism of the world. We should take a fresh look and filter out opinions (liberal news media etc) that are in opposition to God completely, who would try to take any christian testimony out of public view.
My Grandmother used to watch Oral Roberts it gave her comfort when she could no longer attend church. Teleevangelism plays an important role in the life of the sick, and elderly. And is necessary as long as the church continues to abandon them, who else are they to turn to for fellowship, or ministry?
I agree with you there. Televanglism places an important role in reaching out to people who are lost and hurt.

I do like to watch Oral Roberts too. Now his son, Richard Roberts, is doing almost the same thing as Benny Hinn; except for the openness in his finance, he is not much different from Hinn in the healing ministry.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
crystalpc said:
You answered your own thread! Praise God there is healing. Why Benny, could it be that it took effort for your brother-in-law to put his faith into action? My son and I recieved healing at a Detroit believers convention almost 25 years ago! Of course there were several Ministers there, including Keith Butler, Kenneth Copeland, and Fred Price.
Let me give you some background to it. My son was 6 years old, he had severe alllergies that caused him pnuemonia every spring, but because of his age the doctor refused to start him on allergy shots, because he felt that when he needed them as he got older they would be ineffective. The last pnuemonia he had was a seriuos lobar pnuemonia, extremely unusual in a child his age.
The faith convention was coming to town. My husband who is always reluctant going new places said that he didn't want to go. I sort of shamed hiim, by saying if the doctor told him we would have to take him to childrens hospital that he would not even hesitate to go and I was taking him if I had to crawl down there with my son on my back! Well we went. I believe it was that faith that God honored. Not that Kenneth and Fred laid hands on us, but that Jesus answered faith that was put forward. My son was healed immediately, and has never suffered with pnuemonia since that time. I did not go for my own healing, but I was healed to from an issue of blood. What a Glorious God we have.
Thank God! I like watching Fred Price and Kenneth Copeland. Later on I will research on them.

Glory to God!

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Svt4Him said:
So the OP asks for some testimonies and not debates. Do some need to know what those two words mean? Seems to me if you don't agree with the ministry, you really should post somewhere else, as this really isn't the place for it. But alas, seems some are on a mission to prove they need to give their opinion on everything, even when asked not to.

I'd like to ask if there are any testimonies about his brother as well, if I may.
yessss.....

That is all I am researching now. I am not looking for theological or pyschological arguments or any criticism about Benny Hinn ministries. I hear all that already. I am just researching on my own. And I want to know testimonies.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Lee said:
Thank God! I like watching Fred Price and Kenneth Copeland. Later on I will research on them.

Glory to God!
The thing of it is, I have never credited these men for the healing. They were simply having a meetine where it took an effort on our part to go, and we went for one purpose and that was for healing. I think that becomes the stickler in all of this who is getting the praises the men who are instruments, or God who uses the instruments.
Both Kenneth and Fred are good teachers (although neither will say they have a healing ministry per-say) it was not even the effort we put forth. but that the faith was so high, because we already made up our minds, that was what we were going for.
During the times of the great brush arbor meetings, people would load their sick into wagons, some would travel a couple of days to get to the meetings. God honored it. Oral Roberts testimony was very similar to that, in that they loaded him into the back seat of an old touring car and traveled for hours the day he was healed of Tuberculosis.
Our Father is glorious! I have begged people to come to church where people of faith could lay hands on them, before they got too sick, only to have them to refuse to do so yet they would spend hours in doctors offices. My own beloved sister was one of these, and has since died.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Lee said:
yessss.....

That is all I am researching now. I am not looking for theological or pyschological arguments or any criticism about Benny Hinn ministries. I hear all that already. I am just researching on my own. And I want to know testimonies.
Did you see the testimony of the man who was healed with endstage cancer? It is documented by his physicians, something the liberal media will never tell you although they have contacted him. They refuse to show it during their so called expose'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
*MOD HAT ON*

THE ORIGINAL POSTER ASKED FOR TESTIMONIES. . .I'M PRESUMING POSITIVE. . .LET'S KEEP THE THREAD ON TRACK

THANK YOU

not that the last few posters were off track :) just a reminder.

*MOD HAT OFF*

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi folks! Shalom! I'm back after 10 days in Israel! Fantastic trip! Awesome!

But to answer Lee's question:

There's a book called: "This is your day for a miracle" which documents healings/testimonies with medical records under Bro Hinn's ministry. You might want to check it out.

I read it and found it great.

God bless!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Andrew said:
Hi folks! Shalom! I'm back after 10 days in Israel! Fantastic trip! Awesome!

But to answer Lee's question:

There's a book called: "This is your day for a miracle" which documents healings/testimonies with medical records under Bro Hinn's ministry. You might want to check it out.

I read it and found it great.

God bless!
Andrew :hug: do you have pic's to share?

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
crystalpc said:
The thing of it is, I have never credited these men for the healing. They were simply having a meetine where it took an effort on our part to go, and we went for one purpose and that was for healing. I think that becomes the stickler in all of this who is getting the praises the men who are instruments, or God who uses the instruments.
Both Kenneth and Fred are good teachers (although neither will say they have a healing ministry per-say) it was not even the effort we put forth. but that the faith was so high, because we already made up our minds, that was what we were going for.
During the times of the great brush arbor meetings, people would load their sick into wagons, some would travel a couple of days to get to the meetings. God honored it. Oral Roberts testimony was very similar to that, in that they loaded him into the back seat of an old touring car and traveled for hours the day he was healed of Tuberculosis.
Our Father is glorious! I have begged people to come to church where people of faith could lay hands on them, before they got too sick, only to have them to refuse to do so yet they would spend hours in doctors offices. My own beloved sister was one of these, and has since died.
I totally agree with you that it is God who heals people. Ministers are just instruments being used by God. Those that are in the healing ministry will likely not give themself the glory. Because they know well that they are not the one who is doing it.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
crystalpc said:
Did you see the testimony of the man who was healed with endstage cancer? It is documented by his physicians, something the liberal media will never tell you although they have contacted him. They refuse to show it during their so called expose'
I remember come accounts of people going onto the stage to tell Benny that their doctors validate that there is no more of that sickness they had. However, the media never show that part to the people. And the media never look indepth to find the truth.

Believe it or not, I really do think that the devil is trying to cause confusion among God's people. If the devil has the media control on some part to communicate to people that God's servant is a false servant, then it will give them a dislike towards what God is actually doing.

That is the question that I am encountering. And Benny is not the only person that I come to question about this. There are other healing televangelists.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.