Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know that the last thread I brought up about Benny Hinn was locked. I understood that the topic was done with.

I just want to ask something different. Please do hear me out.

Please share us your testimonies of what God has used the Benny Hinn ministries to affect your lives. And no debating about Benny in here please. I just want to know what testimonies people have through his ministries.

Thanks!

Reactions: crystalpc

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Lee wrote:
I know that the last thread I brought up about Benny Hinn was locked. I understood that the topic was done with.

Please share us your testimonies of what God has used the Benny Hinn ministries to affect your lives. And no debating about Benny in here please. I just want to know what testimonies people have through his ministries.

Perhaps this is the main objection people have with big time televangelists. They seek testimonies and validation of their own “ministry.” If the guilty ones would spend as much time seeking first God’s kingdom, and not their own, and validating Christ’s ministry, and not their own, they would probably draw less fire.

I am sure interest is mainly curiosity or to satisfy some questions you may have, but it is not important through whom healings occur. That is not the point. Healing is not a marketing tool for televangelism.

For example, this morning in our church my daughter-in-law, whose baby is due, was concerned because the baby was positioned breach. A group of of members – who do not have a TV ministry nor anything personal to gain from it – simply laid hands on her and appealed to the Lord for help. Immediately after church she called, in tears, to tell us the baby had turned. The only reason I mention this is because it was done without fanfare or without exploitation and for no other reason than some of our members who prefer to remain forever anonymous, had compassion on an expectant mother. And it happens in throusands of churches and neighborhoods every week.

To God – not Benny – be the glory.

Jim
\o/

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jim B said:

I am sure interest is mainly curiosity or to satisfy some questions you may have, but it is not important through whom healings occur. That is not the point. Healing is not a marketing tool for televangelism.

For example, this morning in our church my daughter-in-law, whose baby is due, was concerned because the baby was positioned breach. A group of of members – who do not have a TV ministry nor anything personal to gain from it – simply laid hands on her and appealed to the Lord for help. Immediately after church she called, in tears, to tell us the baby had turned. The only reason I mention this is because it was done without fanfare or without exploitation and for no other reason than some of our members who prefer to remain forever anonymous, had compassion on an expectant mother. And it happens in throusands of churches and neighborhoods every week.

To God – not Benny – be the glory.

Jim
\o/
I know that God works through the most simple person around. But like you said, I am just curious. I am not trying to validate anything to support or to not support Benny Hinn Ministries. I am only seeking to get answers for my own personal studies of the Charismatic/Pentecostal Movement.

And I am just looking for testimonies. They do not have to be healing testimonies. I just want to read testimonies of whatever anyone may experience of God through Benny's ministries.

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Jim B said:

Healing is not a marketing tool for televangelism.
No offence Jim B., but that is simply not true!

Hold still and let me explain...

televangelism is simply evangelistic services that are televised. But it is still called or identified as evangelism. This using of the television medium, I'm sure, is in accordance with God's plans. Besides, why should we let the world have it all? We can use it to bring the Gospel of Jesus to people who would otherwise not see the Power of God demonstrated (in a public way)!!!

Ok, with that pointed out, let me now explain that testimonies is quite simply, the confession of what God did for that person. I know only too well that new born babes in Jesus haven't had enough time to change, so it is only natural that they (not knowing what they are really saying) give the credit to (place any minister's name here) for their healing or healings. I also know only too well that whenever someone does that, Benny immediately corrects them by telling them that he had nothing to with it, that it was JESUS who did it...

I said all of that, to say this...

Jesus fame spread by what? TESTIMONIES!!! That is an form of "marketing", whether you want to admit it or not. Word of mouth plays a very important part in announcing or announcements of... Am I right???

Jim B said:
I am always amazed at what God can do, out of His love for us, I give Him the praise and the Glory for that and all of the other things we never hear about. It's too bad that we don't have a tv program where people testify in public, the things that God has done for them, because if we did, then the hearer's faith would rise and hope would enter their hearts and they would dare to believe that God will do that for them!!!

I thank God for all of the Christian programs that God uses to display His awesome Power, yes, God uses television to display His saving Power and Grace to a lost and dieing world!!!

Jim B., I'm not saying that you are jealous of Benny Hinn, but I will say that a lot of pastors do have a problem with televangelists on the basis of mammon! Two of my pastors have confessed this to me. It stems from self-pride...

Jim B. and others, perhaps a self examination should be performed, is there any leaven in your house? We should be interceding for the people God has placed under the spotlights, after all, they are as human as you and I...We should be upholding them in our daily prayers and thanking God for the people He has chosen to display His mighty power through.

Don't forget, King David was persecuted by his own brethren, led by a very jealous man and God held David up.

My point is simply this, instead of attacking someone, pray for that person! I'd hate to have to explain to Jesus the reasons I attacked a person He charged to operate in that calling!!! That is just like murmuring against Jesus for the callings He places on people, that's not really any of our business, people don't question their employer's decisions, do they? No, they honor those decisions made by their management body. To a higher degree, the same applies to our relationship with Jesus...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lee said:

Thanks!

Never been to a meeting, and have only watched a couple minutes of him on TV.
I dunno....

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Look wrote
Jim B., I'm not saying that you are jealous of Benny Hinn, but I will say that a lot of pastors do have a problem with televangelists on the basis of mammon! Two of my pastors have confessed this to me. It stems from self-pride...

Jim B. and others, perhaps a self examination should be performed, is there any leaven in your house? We should be interceding for the people God has placed under the spotlights, after all, they are as human as you and I...We should be upholding them in our daily prayers and thanking God for the people He has chosen to display His mighty power through.

Hey, Look!

Thanx for sharing. As to your question above, you need to know that I sat on the board of directors of a budding televangelists association for several years. I was even his traveling companion to a trip to Charlotte NC for an appearance on PTL (Jim & Tammy), had lunch with Tammy, and got the full VIP treatment at Heritage Village. The more prominent he became (and he is a name you would recognize immediately if I mentioned it) the more I was able to see the corruption, carnal marketing strategies, and just plain lying and manipulation that goes along with “Christian” fundraising. In the process I had the ill-fortune to hang out with too many of these highly-ambitious men and women, also highly recognizable. It was a dislillusioning (if not disgusting) period of my life for which I have repented.

Eventually I got my fill of all the phoniness and hypocrisy, greed and dishonesty, and resigned from the association. It was a nasty scene. In the meantime (over a decade now), his star has continued to rise and today he has a huge and loyal following of people that send him several million dollars a year. So, to insinuate that I would either be jealous of such men (which you didn’t) could not be farther from the truth. I honestly pity them and even fear for their souls – “And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not” (2 Peter 2.3).

I do not admire them. If there are some of them whose motives are honest, they are in the wrong business and they should not be surprised if they are viewed with suspicion. They have chosen their bedmates.

Jim

Upvote 0

look

A New Species of Man®
Mar 15, 2003
Daytona Beach, Florida
Visit site
✟8,610.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
icon_eek.gif
GULP!
mgtired.gif
WAH!!!
bawling.gif

Hey! That means you should know how much was given to missions, churches and the needy! Did this guy keep the money, or did the board decide how much he got? :) (i know, the smiley is backwards)

Jim, I know that must have been a stomach turner, but you must realize that you just got mixed up with the wrong bunch...There's always a few bad apples in every bushel, you know. I would say if we are looking at a man, we should look at the spiritual fruits and how God is using the person. You know, you had a rather heady experience with that group, I would hope that it didn't sour you completely on all televangelists...

Whatever happens, always follow your heart, but make sure it's your heart, not your head, for the Holy Spirit lives with your spirit man in your heart...That's where and how we are led by the Holy Spirit...PEACE!
hugginsmileys.gif

Upvote 0

LynneClomina

Jan 31, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟17,768.00
Faith
Calvinist
personally, i have felt uneasy about him since i first saw him on tv, and i truly do not feel that his behaviour is right before God, but, God spoke through Balaam's donkey, right? i do not doubt that people have been touched by his ministry, but its not him, its in spite of him, if you know what i mean....

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
LynneClomina said:
personally, i have felt uneasy about him since i first saw him on tv, and i truly do not feel that his behaviour is right before God, but, God spoke through Balaam's donkey, right? i do not doubt that people have been touched by his ministry, but its not him, its in spite of him, if you know what i mean....
Yea...I understand you.

I am studying alot on Benny Hinn. Right now I am just focusing on the fruits of his ministries. And in everything I do with my personal studies, I try to be unbaised. Because if God is using Benny and I reject this, then I am missing out on a blessing from God. I want to research this fully by my ownself with the help of people in here who has been touched by God through Hinn's ministries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Look said:
Hey! That means you should know how much was given to missions, churches and the needy! Did this guy keep the money, or did the board decide how much he got?

Despite my connection with this particular evangelistic association, I am no authority on televangelists – I have kept my distance from them for a long time. I do know that while I was actively involved in the scam, my position as a member of the board of directors for one prominent televangelist was only a front for the IRS requirements for a 501(c)3 (tax exempt) status. The board served only as a rubber stamp and was wholly composed of loyal close friends and family members. We were privy to no vital information and I can only remember one, only ONE, board "meeting" and that was mostly a pep rally and a meal at a four star restaurant. Our only purpose was to approve of things already decided by the evangelist so that they would be included in the minutes.

I know, I know, I was stupid!! :blush:

To my knowledge, there was little (if no) giving to any charitable ministries except those that could directly benefit the evangelist – large gifts to monster building programs of huge churches that would benefit the ministry, a $10,000 gift to PTL that was widely broadcast during a telethon, and gifts to friends and family. I have no memory of missionary gifts (although there may have been some) except to those missionaries that invited him to speak in their fields. In other words, all of the charitable gifts from the ministry were self-serving and of the I’ll-scratch-your-back-if-you’ll-scratch-mine variety. Still these gifts were publicized in all mailouts and made to appear altruistic. This was one (just one) of my major complaints about the ministry of how it presented itself to its supporters. My questions and objections were seen as a violation of my original pledge of loyalty and I soon became an EX-board member. Actually, I resigned but it was made to appear to the other board members as a removal due to disloyalty and served as a warning of what would happen if they broke trust.

As to giving to the needy -- zip, zero, napa (except for needy members of his own family). His theology was that the term "needy Christian" was an oxymoron. Real Christians were only supposed to prosper financially and there was little sympathy for Christians in need.

You can say, as many will, that this particular televangelist is an exception to the rule but, from my experience, he represents the overwhelming majority of them. Still, his supporters choose to be blindly loyal and defend him despite evidence to the contrary -- this past year, for example, this particular televangelist was the subject of a media expose in the city where he resides and it has only served to weld his support -- and they firmly (blindly) believe that he is the exception to any rule of dishonesty in the ministry. An angel from heaven could not persuade them otherwise.

As for Benny Hinn, I have no personal knowledge of his character and will not pass judgment on him. I will say, however, that his tactics in fundraising are not new are are all-too-familiar.

Jim

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
enoch son said:
I priase God that a brother steps out in faith! Glory to God! "FOR WE SERVE AT HIS GOOD PLEASURE". My brother in law was healed of T.B. has before and after X-rays . The doctor said it was a miracle. Benn hinn meeting three year ago dallas tx.. Glory to God.
Praise God for His glory!:clap:

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jim B said:
As for Benny Hinn, I have no personal knowledge of his character and will not pass judgment on him. I will say, however, that his tactics in fundraising are not new are are all-too-familiar.

Jim
Jim, why won't you also do an indepth research on Benny Hinn? And try not to believe the media all the time. Because if you remember there are many times that the media protrait Jesus as just a man (remember the Search for Jesus special.)

I have noticed that many of you guys have not gone to Benny Hinn crusades. You guys should try to go and at least be a witness. Also watch more of him on tv.

I used to not like Benny. But going to one of his crusades and watching him on tv, it brought me a new perspective. He was drawing crowds like Jesus did. So I certainly needed to know him from a objective viewpoint.

So far from what I learn without the media and critcism, I learn carefully from Hinn's teachings that it is not all bad. I believe that there are some theological errors, but then again no one will have the perfect theology. Even one day, someone will critic that I have some theological errors.

Let us find time to seek truth.

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lee I do believe we are very similar in beliefs.
The real people to watch out for and pray for are those in our churches operating under the jezebel spirit
I find benny albeit interesting with his fashion sense but when he prays and when he speaks God is on him whether people want to believe it or not.
With my extensive background in occult I can spot a spirit on a person a mile away and though he looks shady-looks are deceiving I detect no spirits on him. My only issue with certain ministries is the line of getting lots of money.
I have had friends offer me money for what I do and I just cannot accept it because I know God is providing slowly but surely and I think if its his timing the money will come for any ministry.
Although I do tend to agree with the ministers who you can see.. their hearts are just on the third world countries but I would be there breaking the curses off the land so the countries can be fruitful on their own too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lottedah said:
Lee I do believe we are very similar in beliefs.
The real people to watch out for and pray for are those in our churches operating under the jezebel spirit
I find benny albeit interesting with his fashion sense but when he prays and when he speaks God is on him whether people want to believe it or not.
With my extensive background in occult I can spot a spirit on a person a mile away and though he looks shady-looks are deceiving I detect no spirits on him. My only issue with certain ministries is the line of getting lots of money.
I have had friends offer me money for what I do and I just cannot accept it because I know God is providing slowly but surely and I think if its his timing the money will come for any ministry.
Although I do tend to agree with the ministers who you can see.. their hearts are just on the third world countries but I would be there breaking the curses off the land so the countries can be fruitful on their own too.
I must say that I do agree with you on that. My life is a struggle against demonic powers. So I do sense a spiritual person when I see them just like you.

My fascination now is on Benny Hinn. Because I do see that he is a very spiritual person. I praise God that He is using people like Benny Hinn. Now I just want to find out more of what has been happening in the Benny Hinn ministries.

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Lee wrote
Jim, why won't you also do an indepth research on Benny Hinn? And try not to believe the media all the time. Because if you remember there are many times that the media protrait Jesus as just a man (remember the Search for Jesus special.)

I have noticed that many of you guys have not gone to Benny Hinn crusades. You guys should try to go and at least be a witness. Also watch more of him on tv.

I used to not like Benny. But going to one of his crusades and watching him on tv, it brought me a new perspective. He was drawing crowds like Jesus did. So I certainly needed to know him from a objective viewpoint.

So far from what I learn without the media and critcism, I learn carefully from Hinn's teachings that it is not all bad. I believe that there are some theological errors, but then again no one will have the perfect theology. Even one day, someone will critic that I have some theological errors.

Let us find time to seek truth.

Lee,

I am being very careful NOT to pass judgment on Benny Hinn. I don’t know anything about him, nor do I care to know. I am simply not interested in being a part of his ministry. He is doing just fine without me.

But I am not enamored by televangelists and have no desire to become a devotee of Mr. Hinn. If the sick are healed in his crusades, that is great – but many more millions are healed in local churches through God’s humble and anonymous servants every week where God, and not the minister, gets the glory. Signs and wonders are designed, in part, to underscore the message of the Kingdom, not to validate any man’s ministry, be he Benny Hinn or a local pastor.

Why don’t I go to a Benny Hinn meeting? Because I don’t want to. Why should I? God does not require it of me and has not asked me to. I do have a lot of better ways to “redeem the time.” Benny does not need my support and I do not need his ministry.

I also would urge you to take time to find the truth.

Jim
\o/

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
es.wrote
if you please 1 cor. Chap. 2 doesn't agree with you Jim. You about post is in error. Paul validate his ministry with power of the Spirit 1 Cor. 2-5.

I guess we interpret this passage differently, e.s. I see it as a demonstration of the validity of his message, not of himself or his "ministry".

Jim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.