Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't left the truth, I actually have friends who are in the Charismatic Episcopal Church, which was founded by a bishop named Randy Adler who was affiliated with Bill Hamon in the 80s to early 90s. I actually attend a CEC here when I can, since things became kind of weird when my wife stopped attending my Coptic Church, and worse when she actually divorced me.

I go to a CEC Church, I am the tech guy there :)

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you implying because he repented that means he wasn’t false?
There is a difference between wrong teaching and false teaching. We all make mistakes and will be wrong about some things. And we all should continue to learn and grow in our walk with God. But biblically a false teacher is one that decieves knowingly and willfully with malicious intent. I don't think that was the case here. If this change turns out to not be genuine, then that would be a major indicator that it is indeed false.

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a difference between wrong teaching and false teaching. We all make mistakes and will be wrong about some things. And we all should continue to learn and grow in our walk with God. But biblically a false teacher is one that decieves knowingly and willfully with malicious intent. I don't think that was the case here. If this change turns out to not be genuine, then that would be a major indicator that it is indeed false.

Fair enough. However, I still believe that he willfully lead people astray but I can’t judge because I don’t know his heart.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Meh....he's already a millionaire several times over. He can afford to "admit" he's been wrong.
unfortunately it can appear simply like an old rich man who has profited by the gospel many times over saying he no longer is asking for money (maybe even sound like another gimmick). I hope the message's fruit will be that it spreads to those younger ministries with similar ambitions so that this method can be no more. Benny Hinn can maybe act as a catalyst to a greater deconstruction movement of this monetized gospel platform and I hope that is what the gain is. These may be the first steps for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

So did he just admitted that for all these years (decades to be exact) he was a scammer who robbed many people, performing some bogus stage show and lying about God working in him?

Come on bro. If he was really sincere then he would not only step down as a "church leader" but he would likely sell all his mansions, sports cars, private jets, and $5k+ suits (which he got from those offerings) and give it to the poor.

Instead it's "for many decades of getting your $1k's, now at my late senior years I have found out this was wrong, I will not do it anymore! lol"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I heard a lot about him in my spiritual warfare class. I don’t know his ministry. I realized a long time ago the dangers of taking in teachings from people whose walk I couldn’t witness.

I don’t follow anyone and limit my consumption to books with references I can follow. I don’t look for spiritual leadership from afar or via television, the radio, or the Internet. That hasn’t impeded His ability to minister to me directly or through others.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard a lot about him in my spiritual warfare class. I don’t know his ministry. I realized a long time ago the dangers of taking in teachings from people whose walk I couldn’t witness.

I don’t follow anyone and limit my consumption to books with references I can follow. I don’t look for spiritual leadership from afar or via television, the radio, or the Internet. That hasn’t impeded His ability to minister to me directly or through others.
Yeah, spiritual leadership should always flow through direct relationship.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Better late than never.

This right here is why we must be so careful to label people "false" or anything like that, people in the public eye can grow and change just like the rest of us.

We have to be so careful about labeling people as true and genuine as well. "He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord." (Proverbs 17:15) "He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him: But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them." Biblical discernment through standing on the Word of God is an absolute must. There is no way this could possibly be true repentance. This guy was a charlatan, and he remains a charlatan who is now just taking another avenue to justify his scamming and fakery.

According to the Bible's description of repentance he could only be repentant if he were condemning himself in no uncertain terms, making restitution like Zaccheus, getting out of public ministry altogether, and refusing to ever accept another cent from the gospel seeing how he has so badly abused God's Word and cheated so many already. He'd be calling himself a liar, a con-man, a first class fraud, a hypocrite, a deceiver, etc. Am I being too hard? No. If he were truly repentant he would be at least this hard on himself. As it stands he is just getting applause still as well as fooling the simple into thinking that he is trustworthy now who may have been suspicious of him before. Those people in that audience were hanging on every word he said and they would have applauded him even if he were begging for money yet. They probably gave him more money after this speech than they would have if he had just begged for money and directly preached a prosperity gospel. They weren't going to call him out and tell him he needs to put his money where his mouth is and be like Zaccheus; or that he needs to admit himself a wretched criminal like the thief on the cross, and not only a hell-deserving sinner in the sense that all are, but worthy of extra damnation because of how he has deceived and enriched himself as an alleged minster of the Gospel of Christ. He was a master manipulator before; and he is only progressing in his manipulation tactics now.

Don't fall for this phony repentance. Many will, and many of these will do so for more than being innocently naïve and overly generous and lacking Bible understanding; many will justify him because they also want to excuse their own lives with a shallow repentance that doesn't align with the appropriate Biblical spirit of, and works meet for, repentance. That is a sure way to end up in hell. To those who challenge my statements here I will just point to the verses below and reiterate that the repentance Hinn is professing doesn't line up with the Bible's definition of repentance- so it is therefore logically a phony repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:9-11: "9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter."

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better late than never.

Publicity stunt. These guys read the ‘market’ and know which way to go and when. Popularity and numbers are as important to a Benny Hinn as the cash is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Better late than never.

A bit of a fools errand to try to convince people to look at big time ministries inc in a fair and just manner. Done it for years and have never been successful. Not because I agreed with the big time ministers on issues. My main reason for doing so has always been. The judgement you judge with is the way you will be judged. I care about Christians. I hate for them to face the judgement that they judged others with come down on them. It’s like when they call some one a false teacher or prophet because they are teaching something false. But somehow miss the fact that they themselves are filled with false teaching. Which God’s grace will overlook in judge you as a true believer who erred as we all do. Unless you can’t see past your own hard heart and cannot extend that same judgement to your brother.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A bit of a fools errand to try to convince people to look at big time ministries inc in a fair and just manner. Done it for years and have never been successful. Not because I agreed with the big time ministers on issues. My main reason for doing so has always been. The judgement you judge with is the way you will be judged. I care about Christians. I hate for them to face the judgement that they judged others with come down on them. It’s like when they call some one a false teacher or prophet because they are teaching something false. But somehow miss the fact that they themselves are filled with false teaching. Which God’s grace will overlook in judge you as a true believer who erred as we all do. Unless you can’t see past your own hard heart and cannot extend that same judgement to your brother.
Well said. And many responses here prove your point quite well.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't read the link but I am assuming he has exposed or been exposed. To late as he was exposed at least ten years ago. I for one never did follow him or watch him. He was an easy read.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sheesh, sometimes reading helps. I actually said I didn't support him. But I do support people turning away from bad practices. That's just a little something I picked up from Jesus. But you go on making the world a better place by exposing people on the internet.

You are supporting him by endorsing this clip as repentance. When it comes to picking up things from Jesus, one thing Jesus did (and still does- Hebrews 13:8) was only accept people's repentance when it involved appropriate restitution, appropriate contrition, and proper/Biblical labelling of their sin. Imagine if Jesus had told Zaccheus that salvation had come to his house while he proudly rebuked defrauding while not making restitution nor being broken over his own defrauding. Hinn is only saving face in this clip, not losing face like Zaccheus and like all who truly repent for the glory of God unto salvation.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are supporting him by endorsing this clip as repentance. When it comes to picking up things from Jesus, one thing Jesus did (and still does- Hebrews 13:8) was only accept people's repentance when it involved appropriate restitution, appropriate contrition, and proper/Biblical labelling of their sin. Imagine if Jesus had told Zaccheus that salvation had come to his house while he proudly rebuked defrauding while not making restitution nor being broken over his own defrauding. Hinn is only saving face in this clip, not losing face like Zaccheus and like all who truly repent for the glory of God unto salvation.
Again, reading is helpful. I endorced healthy skepticism and said repentance requires action not only words. Try again.

Upvote 0